Jimmy announcement fri april 12 th

poortom

Yes,

I noticed that too about it being a posting, not an announcement.

As I have said earlier, maybe Peter Makowski has come up with a new OTD.

Wait a minute! :redcard:

Am I reading tthe post wrong?

All I see is ....
-----------
Just to let all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Official fans know that there will be A NEW POSTING on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.
------------------
I don't see the word announcement anywhere!!!

I mean, I hate to be a Debbie Downer ....

but I am reading this as there will be a brand new OTD on April 12th.

??? :huh:

Yes,

I noticed that too about it being a posting, not an announcement.

As I have said earlier, maybe Peter Makowski has come up with a new OTD.

Then again, what's up with the gallows? I'm a cautious optimist when it comes to new music from Jimmy, but this has the feel of an announcement to me.

Mstork,

Yes, I see what you mean - we will have to assume it is some kind of cryptic message. I would be grateful just to get confirmation of the new boxed set releases. I am hoping it's not going to be some highly expensive merchandise like the book or the photos.

Then again, what's up with the gallows? I'm a cautious optimist when it comes to new music from Jimmy, but this has the feel of an announcement to me.

Wait a minute! :redcard:

Am I reading tthe post wrong?

All I see is ....

-----------

Just to let all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Official fans know that there will be A NEW POSTING on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.

------------------

I don't see the word announcement anywhere!!!

I mean, I hate to be a Debbie Downer ....

but I am reading this as there will be a brand new OTD on April 12th.

??? :huh:

After this post by Peter Makowski, I'm guessing it's a new OTD entry.

Message to all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Official fans.There will be a new post up on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.......;)

Source: http://www.facebook.com/PeterMakowskiWordsmith/posts/510329119004519

Slightly ominous, innit? It's an intriguing image, that's for sure. Dear Jimmy, he's always a mystery.

Cookie, do you enjoy your job? My brother was handling the social media for Lana del Ray for awhile. I love him, but he's always had crap taste in music.

I don't do the social media directly for the artists. I help out with company branding. My day job is marketing in the art industry and journalism.

Loving this discussion Cookie, etc. :)

Looking forward to whatever is 'posted'....I believe it has to be about the box sets - based on his track record for "new" music the past couple of decades.

Loving this discussion Cookie, etc. :)

Looking forward to whatever is 'posted'....I believe it has to be about the box sets - based on his track record for "new" music the past couple of decades.

I think it will also be about the boxsets, since the forum is mentioned, though I would love it to be about his album, but summer/fall isn't that far away -- especially when it's Jimmy's time. :)

I think it will also be about the boxsets, since the forum is mentioned, though I would love it to be about his album, but summer/fall isn't that far away -- especially when it's Jimmy's time. :)

That would be posted on the Official Led Zeppelin Facebook Page though?

After seeing Peter Makowski's post about it, I'm guessing it's a new On This Day entry. They wouldn't use a Creative Commons photo found online to announce Jimmy's long-rumoured solo album. It would be announced with a purpose-made graphic like they teased Celebration Day with (the countdown numbers).

Also, the image posted is the fourth image result if you search 'gallows pole' on Google Images. Not much effort put into it.

That would be posted on the Official Led Zeppelin Facebook Page though?

After seeing Peter Makowski's post about it, I'm guessing it's a new On This Day entry. They wouldn't use a Creative Commons photo found online to announce Jimmy's long-rumoured solo album. It would be announced with a purpose-made graphic like they teased Celebration Day with (the countdown numbers).

Also, the image posted is the fourth image result if you search 'gallows pole' on Google Images. Not much effort put into it.

I would also think it would be something more offical if it was about an album. I sent you a pm about the rest.

All this speculation is addictive .. but just speculation. I've fought the urge to join in as we simply don't know .. but here goes.

If one image is posted on Wednesday, ahead of an announcement on Friday .. then perhaps a further clue will arrive on Thursday ?

And : do we think the gallows image is key? It may be just tangential .. part of a trail being laid.

I will be surprised if this teasing publicity amounts to a genuine, solvable riddle that we can all collectively deduce. It will be a tease, slightly linked to what is being announced : but no more. Shame ...

I think he's not playing with us this last time.

You say that because a post is being made to his Facebook or .com or whatever on Friday? Wow. Anyway, I wouldn't say he makes false statements (lies) I would say he is purposefully vague and speaks in generalities. All I've ever pointed out is talk is cheap - regardless of what is said - lets see some level of ambition.

You know, I really hope he's not just fucking with us.

There's so much anticipation around EVERYTHING right now regarding new material, reunion tour etc and if it turns out to just be something mundane (I really don't think it'd be a new OTD post); I'll have a conniption.

The whole gallows pole thing... what's the significance? Maybe I'm just in an English Ad. mood right now, but is it symbolic, interetexuality, a reference to anything?

Being on the JP FB page, I would think it's something related to him rather than Zep as it would be on the LZ FB page. This was the case with all the teasers and announcements for Celebration Day, preceding the release and premieres. What he will announce, we'll find out Friday. Perhaps, new material? We'll see. If a tour to be included, I would think the specifics, will all be revealed sometime after. Just need to be patient and hope it's more than just a new OTD post. Don't think an announcement would be made just for OTD as new ones appear on occasion.

Agreed anyone? Just a theory.

Being on the JP FB page, I would think it's something related to him rather than Zep as it would be on the LZ FB page. This was the case with all the teasers and announcements for Celebration Day, preceding the release and premieres. What he will announce, we'll find out Friday. Perhaps, new material? We'll see. If a tour to be included, I would think the specifics, will all be revealed sometime after. Just need to be patient and hope it's more than just a new OTD post. Don't think an announcement would be made just for OTD as new ones appear on occasion.

Agreed anyone? Just a theory.

Once again, it's not an announcement.

Well to be honest if its new box sets i for one will not be purchasing them, i need to hear new material not keep listning to old material tarted up or whatever.

You might, if it's the only way to get hold of new video footage.

The likelihood is pretty high right now.

based on what? There has been no reports oh him working with anyone, recording, or even writing though he's been saying for years he has material. Who knows, but I would be surprised new music is around the corner. Regardless, I hope you''re correct. My hunch is something along the line of a book, clothing line, or yes, another 're-release.

Sunshine, what does English Ad. refer to? Thanks :)

You know, I really hope he's not just fucking with us.
There's so much anticipation around EVERYTHING right now regarding new material, reunion tour etc and if it turns out to just be something mundane (I really don't think it'd be a new OTD post); I'll have a conniption.
The whole gallows pole thing... what's the significance? Maybe I'm just in an English Ad. mood right now, but is it symbolic, interetexuality, a reference to anything?

Archived