Will There Be A Special Concert For Jimmy's 70th Birthday in 2014?

kenog

With the ongoing discussions on the forums about any activity in the near future from Jimmy, I wondered if his 70th birthday on 9 January 2014 might be marked with a concert. His great friend, Roy Harper, staged a 70th birthday gig at The Royal Festival Hall, London, so why not Jimmy?

Good point!! I wasn't necessarily meaning a LZ reunion. Perhaps, a concert also featuring other artists who have been significant in JP's lengthy career.

why not indeed. Robert is free in 2014.

Well there wasn't one when he turnt 60

70 is usually a bigger deal. Roy Harper did his special concert for his 70th birthday. There was also a whole magazine for Bob Dylan when he turned 70.

70 is usually a bigger deal. Roy Harper did his special concert for his 70th birthday. There was also a whole magazine for Bob Dylan when he turned 70.

Roy did a special concert at the same venue for his 60th birthday

Roy did a special concert at the same venue for his 60th birthday

But since Jimmy attended the 70th one, maybe he is already thinking of something for himself. I guess we'll find out eventually. We do know he said he wants to be out playing.

I had actually been wondering if anything would happen for his birthday wheather it be by him or others.

Well there wasn't one when he turnt 60

Right, and why would ther be one for 70.

It's cold in Jan. ... who wants to get our in the cold.

Jimmy's not big on that kind of thing (for himself).

He knows he's appreciated. That should be enough. :)

• 3 weeks later...

jimmy is in retirement, so i think his birthday will come and go wiyh nary a mention except some postings by his fans

Well we could all get together and bake him a cake or something like that. :yesnod:

• 2 weeks later...

Well we could all get together and bake him a cake or something like that. :yesnod:

70 is a special age - three score years and ten, and all that...definitely deserves a cake, I'd say. The question is though, if we baked a cake for Jimmy, how would we want to decorate it?

I'm pretty nifty with cake decorating, been doing it twice a year for the past 14 years, and 3x for the past 5. But my designs so far have been largely confined to cartoon & movie characters, the last one being Finn The Human fwiw...but I think Jimmy would prefer something a little more 'interesting', don't you?

A guitar would be too obvious...any thoughts? eg anyone know whether he favours a particular part of the female anatomy?

Archived