My Zep "Tribute" Songs.

Pagesbow

Hello

I'm not really much of a self promoter but I thought that some people might like these. I enjoy writing songs but I'm not really into the playing side of things; except the basic rhythm guitar track. In an ideal world I would much rather hear someone else playing the bass, drums and lead guitar on these songs; as it stands it's all me playing into a ZOOM HD8.

The first song is probably the one I am most happy with despite some timing issues (I'm playing the "drums " with my fingers in one take)

The second song: if there are any lead guitar players who would like to add some lead guitar to this track (or indeed vocals) I could quite easily take off my guitar parts. I would be most interested to see what someone else could come up with.

Anyway, apologetics aside:

Wow, that's stuff I totally enjoyed. Love the sound and feel you have given to the songs and great riffs.

If you would be living here where I am I would commit a crime to record an album with you!

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. I live in the U.K so yeah; a bit out of the way:P do you play guitar or?

I don't know what a "ZOOM HD8" is, but I enjoyed the music and also the slow motion video.

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks. Yeah a "ZOOM HD8" is an 8 track digital recorder. The "slow motion video" is (believe it not) just animated gifs that I pulled off the web (and this site) slowed them down a bit and it kinda works. Something a bit different to just using standard pictures.

• 3 months later...

keep this going. Instrumeaningless is the one that held my interest and seems to have a quest built in to it.

if you have not discovered the boardmember 'bluecongo' his work is exceptional, versatile and disciplined. He is probably your guy for collaboration if he has time. He has/had some youtube vids that really show off though he is too modest to do so himself.

post some more to your soundcloud, I will follow you and thank you for sharing.

keep this going. Instrumeaningless is the one that held my interest and seems to have a quest built in to it.

if you have not discovered the boardmember 'bluecongo' his work is exceptional, versatile and disciplined. He is probably your guy for collaboration if he has time. He has/had some youtube vids that really show off though he is too modest to do so himself.

post some more to your soundcloud, I will follow you and thank you for sharing.

OK, cool...thanks for your input. I couldn't find any of his videos, do you have any links?

• 3 months later...

I love your shit.

Ha, thanks mate :yourock:

It's cool, but it seems to me, there is a bit too much of three notes up and three notes down riffs! Try to look for strange patterns if you ask me!! ;)

Don't be afraid to explore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnDtvZXYHgE

You may be right, sir. You may be right. I'd have to know what song(s) you were specifically referring to...however, I would consider myself a first and foremost a songwriter/rhythm guitar player - I'm not a bass player, drummer or lead guitarist (and certainly not a vocalist) - I play those out of necessity and I just try my best to serve the songs. I'm certainly not afraid to explore within the context of song structures or with guitar tunings and my songs certainly aren't E-A-D over and over - they are well constructed. But I guess it's all in the ear of the beholder....anyway, thanks for your comment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived