Jason definitely out of Foreigner

The Clone Ranger

Just came home from Foreigner's show in Vienna.

And guess what? Brian Tichy on drums!

Now don't get me wrong. The show was awesome and Brian is one Hell of a drummer.

I've last seen him drumming for Billy Idol at last year's Lovely Days festival in St. Polten. We didn't expect anything from Billy's show but it was brilliant and Brian was a main asset to the success of the show. In fact, if it hadn't been for one Robert Plant, Billy Idol's Band would have been the best act we've gotten to see in those two days (and the line-up icluded The Who, Roxy Music, Gary Moore, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Ten Years After, etc as well).

Now don't anybody tell me that Jason would had left Foreigner the very week of the Ertegun tribute, if there weren't serious plans to carry out a major tour with a few talented youngsters he just happened to have played the O2 Arena with for a so-called one time event......

I agree that Jason is taking some time to regroup. It wouldn't make sense for him to drop the Foreigner gig (yet) with Plant hitting the road with Alison Krauss. I thought I read somewhere that Foreigner is booked through May 08.

Damn right they are and Jason's not going to screw Mick Jones now.

Who replaced him?

New singer is Kelly Hansen, who's been with them a couple years now.

Kelly reminds me a lot of Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. He's nothing at all like Lou Gramm but he really does put on a high energy show and has genuine talent. Foreigner has been garnering rave reviews ever since Mick put together a new lineup, which includes Jason Bonham.

Did the thought ever occur to anyone Jason Bonham is emotionally exhausted and will rejoin Foreinger in a few days?

Unless Foreinger stated in concert that this was their new "permanent" drummer....

Then it's probably exactly as Steve has stated...

The only thing "definite" is that Jason was not there for the show you saw....

I see no need for wild speculation at this point....

But, if that's your cup o' tea... then go right ahead by me !! B)

Of course they performed. Pete cancelled when the date changed, otherwise he'd have been there.

Actually, Pete was quoted the other day as saying he canceled as soon as he heard Zeppelin was on the bill.

Foreigner. :rolleyes:

This was an opportunity for Jason to see what it's like to play for a great band. To go back to those guys would be a huge step backwards. Like owning a Rolls and trading it in for a Mr. Bean car.

Even if Zep is not to continue, I think Jason will still move forward in some fashion.

Actually, Pete was quoted the other day as saying he canceled as soon as he heard Zeppelin was on the bill.

Oh, that's just bullshit. You really think he'd go and fuck Bill Curbishley like that? Not to mention Page and Plant performed at his Teenage Cancer Trust Benefit Concert in 2002

and Robert again in 2005.

C'mon Solar, think about it.

New singer is Kelly Hansen, who's been with them a couple years now.

Kelly reminds me a lot of Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. He's nothing at all like Lou Gramm but he really does put on a high energy show and has genuine talent. Foreigner has been garnering rave reviews ever since Mick put together a new lineup, which includes Jason Bonham.

I saw Foreigner here in '07 and went because Jason was playing with them~while I appreciate them carrying on with out LG, as a band...I was blown away to find out it wasn't ST I was seeing as front man!

For all I knew the only differance was height and something more like originality?

It was soooo obvious WHO he not only wanted to be but wanted US to see him as.

Pity that he did not give himself a chance to come into his own ~ with some original skills to offer up as a replacement for Lou.

Sorry but IT DID NOT HAPPEN 2 work 4 me, I missed Lou :(

Besides, if I'd wanted to see ST I would've gone to see HIM?

Jason brought magic to the night :D as well as the rest of the guys, Mick Jones could've done the job as front man all on his own.

Mick's still got it~he could very well pull it off~just my humble opinion~nothing against Kelly. He's a fine ST wannabe and all~I luv Steven Tyler~who doesn't? :P

Oh, that's just bullshit. You really think he'd go and fuck Bill Curbishley like that? Not to mention Page and Plant performed at his Teenage Cancer Trust Benefit Concert in 2002

and Robert again in 2005.

C'mon Solar, think about it.

Solar is right.It's not "bullshit".Read for yourself:http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=43

Not to change the subject. but is'nt Foreigner without Lou Gramm, kind of like Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant?

I saw the new Foreigner lineup in'05 with Jason (Jeff Pilson from Dokken was on bass),and they kicked major ass.That new singer sings his ass off.It was an awesome rock and roll show.

That being said,Lou Gramm is the man!

Solar is right.It's not "bullshit".Read for yourself:http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=43

Thanks, D&C

Here's the link again for you, Steve (it didn't link in D&C's post)

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=new...news_item_id=43

And the text:

7th December, 2007

Pete Townshend NOT warming up for Led Zep at 02

In his latest blog entry, Pete Townshend has confirmed that he will not be warming up for Led Zeppelin on Monday at the 02 Centre.

"I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing," writes Townshend. "They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation... If you are going to the show, have a great time. I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies."

Thanks, D&C

Here's the link again for you, Steve (it didn't link in D&C's post)

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=new...news_item_id=43

And the text:

7th December, 2007

Pete Townshend NOT warming up for Led Zep at 02

In his latest blog entry, Pete Townshend has confirmed that he will not be warming up for Led Zeppelin on Monday at the 02 Centre.

"I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing," writes Townshend. "They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation... If you are going to the show, have a great time. I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies."

Oh come on, he's taking the piss out of the turn of events. He cancelled well before that December 7th blog entry and was replaced by Paul Rodgers. If this is not the case then clearly someone committed him to something he wasn't willing to do as they were both on the original bill from day one. The evidence suggests he's taking the piss, as

he did not cancel until after the event was postponed.

Archived