Jason definitely out of Foreigner

The Clone Ranger

Oh come on, he's taking the piss out of the turn of events. He cancelled well before that December 7th blog entry and was replaced by Paul Rodgers. If this is not the case then clearly someone committed him to something he wasn't willing to do as they were both on the original bill from day one. The evidence suggests he's taking the piss, as

he did not cancel until after the event was postponed.

Didn't you read the quote where he SAYS he canceled the day he heard Zeppelin was playing? ("I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing," writes Townshend. "They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation... If you are going to the show, have a great time. I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies.")

Remember, this concert was being planned well before Zep agreed to do it. I thought the quote was pretty straight forward and complimentary --- THREE DAYS BEFORE the show. And there were rumors immediately after the band said it'd do it that Townshend was out.

Remember, this concert was being planned well before Zep agreed to do it. I thought the quote was pretty straight forward and complimentary --- THREE DAYS BEFORE the show. And there were rumors immediately after the band said it'd do it that Townshend was out.

But he wasn't out until the postponement. Look, he was confirmed for the Nov 26th date. Originally, his name appeared on the event's website, until Page's finger break led to the postponement, which was announced on Nov 1st. Pete still did not cancel for another two or three weeks, as no rescheduled date had been established. Once it had been established, he cancelled, at which time Paul Rodgers was announced as Pete's replacement. Foreigner was also brought into the line-up.

Otherwise, I'm to believe Pete never agreed to perform in the first place. Now, I know Harvey's hopeless with ticketing, but unable to deliver acts as advertised too? Got to give him more credit than that.

For some reason my other post vanished. Anyway, another user at another site wrote the whole way back on Oct. 7 that the BBC Radio 2 had reported Townshend pulled out of the concert. I'll show you where if you want.

Another user at another site wrote the whole way back on Oct. 7 that the BBC Radio 2 had reported Townshend pulled out of the concert. I'll show you where if you want.

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm intrigued. Some information such as that would certainly

help resolve the matter.

Just came home from Foreigner's show in Vienna.

And guess what? Brian Tichy on drums!

Now don't get me wrong. The show was awesome and Brian is one Hell of a drummer.

I've last seen him drumming for Billy Idol at last year's Lovely Days festival in St. Polten. We didn't expect anything from Billy's show but it was brilliant and Brian was a main asset to the success of the show. In fact, if it hadn't been for one Robert Plant, Billy Idol's Band would have been the best act we've gotten to see in those two days (and the line-up icluded The Who, Roxy Music, Gary Moore, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Ten Years After, etc as well).

Now don't anybody tell me that Jason would had left Foreigner the very week of the Ertegun tribute, if there weren't serious plans to carry out a major tour with a few talented youngsters he just happened to have played the O2 Arena with for a so-called one time event......

Thanks for that, it could be like others have said that he needs time out for a bit ?? but also he could be like everyone else wondering if Zep are to do more shows later next year ?? who knows but its all good fun speculating !! I for one will not give up on the more Zep gigs until Page releases his long awaited solo album. He was quoted saying he didn't necessarily have to use the material on his solo project !! Read into that what you will !! :)

For some reason my other post vanished. Anyway, another user at another site wrote the whole way back on Oct. 7 that the BBC Radio 2 had reported Townshend pulled out of the concert. I'll show you where if you want.

Jonny Walker interviewed Pete Townshend for his Radio 2 show; this interview was broadcast around on 4th November. In the interview PT said he wouldn't be playing (didn't give reasons why) but that he'd love Zeppelin and the Who to tour together. Anyway, Walker had conducted the interview about a month before (early October) as he referred to it on his show, and mentioned on air the PT had said he wouldn't be performing. For some reason his name was kept on the official website for quite a while after that.

I think Foreigner were always on the bill. When it was first anounced I'm sure it said the other acts were: Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman, Paulo Nutini, Foreigner.

The influence of Tyler on Hansen is rather apparent when you see the show.

Hi Steve ! I agree with you with this statement. While i am a younger Zep fan, I'm 38, Kelly Hansen is from my teenage years. He was lead singer in Hurricane. They were really good. He definitely has Tyler influeneces. He also sounds like Lou Graham on some of the songs although his voice is different. It is sort of weird that an old rocker like Mick would turn to younger former metal heads to make up the bulk of his band - Jason formerly of Bonham on drums, Hansen formerly of Hurricane to sing, and Jeff Pilson formelry of Dokken on bass but i like their sound.

peace!

Popeye

I saw Foreigner here in '07 and went because Jason was playing with them~while I appreciate them carrying on with out LG, as a band...I was blown away to find out it wasn't ST I was seeing as front man!

For all I knew the only differance was height and something more like originality?

It was soooo obvious WHO he not only wanted to be but wanted US to see him as.

Pity that he did not give himself a chance to come into his own ~ with some original skills to offer up as a replacement for Lou.

Sorry but IT DID NOT HAPPEN 2 work 4 me, I missed Lou :(

Besides, if I'd wanted to see ST I would've gone to see HIM?

Jason brought magic to the night :D as well as the rest of the guys, Mick Jones could've done the job as front man all on his own.

Mick's still got it~he could very well pull it off~just my humble opinion~nothing against Kelly. He's a fine ST wannabe and all~I luv Steven Tyler~who doesn't? :P

i had heard that Jason will be joining the band in the UAA early next year for a tour

But he wasn't out until the postponement. Look, he was confirmed for the Nov 26th date. Originally, his name appeared on the event's website, until Page's finger break led to the postponement, which was announced on Nov 1st. Pete still did not cancel for another two or three weeks, as no rescheduled date had been established. Once it had been established, he cancelled, at which time Paul Rodgers was announced as Pete's replacement. Foreigner was also brought into the line-up.

Otherwise, I'm to believe Pete never agreed to perform in the first place. Now, I know Harvey's hopeless with ticketing, but unable to deliver acts as advertised too? Got to give him more credit than that.

Here's the complete blog, which slightly touches on the fact that he was billed for the show even after he pulled out.

Pete's Blog

7th December, 2007

Pete at 02

I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing. They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation. For some reason the organisers decided not to inform the public. Maybe they thought people would ask for their money back. Maybe they thought it would only be me who looked like a c**t. If you are going to the show, have a great time, I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies.

Thanks for the link Steve,

It looks like Lou has had some bad health problems, and is not up for going on the road/touring anymore. Hopefully Lou and Mick will get back together for a few more shows in the future.

Doubtful! There is some really bad blood between Jones & Gramm. I really can't see them working out their differences anytime soon. Besides (and it pains me to say this, as I love the bloke's voice), but Lou Gramm is no longer the great singer he once was.

His health problems have sadly taken their toll (check out the video on his website and you'll see what I mean), and I would really prefer to see him retire gracefully now. We all remember how Lou could once sing the telephone directory & make it sound soulful. Very sad! :(

Doubtful! There is some really bad blood between Jones & Gramm. I really can't see them working out their differences anytime soon. Besides (and it pains me to say this, as I love the bloke's voice), but Lou Gramm is no longer the great singer he once was.

His health problems have sadly taken their toll (check out the video on his website and you'll see what I mean), and I would really prefer to see him retire gracefully now. We all remember how Lou could once sing the telephone directory & make it sound soulful. Very sad! :(

Wow! It has been a while since I have seen or heard Lou. Here is a recent clip of him live, kind of sad.

Bonham returns to his regular drum chair in Foreigner at the end of the month for a couple of shows in Florida — where he and his family reside — including a New Year’s Eve date with the B-52’s at the Universal Studios Citywalk in Orlando. That show will be broadcast live by Comcast’s CN8 network.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...121807.article

It looks like Percy may have seen sense in my earlier appeal for him to save his own soul from eternal damnation by rescuing Jason from the mind-control cult that is 'Foreigner'.

Save Junior Bonzo, Save the World!

:blink: Why do you insult Jason with these words? He happens to love playing with Foreigner and also actually loves their music. Each to their own!

Archived