Jimmy Page solo album "No Progress"

royalrumpus

Professional journalist? Are you a member of any of the professional journalist's unions? Did you ever spend time training at a newspaper, national or local, since you left school? You are twenty years old. Journalists nowadays in your age group go to university, and then follow on with a postgraduate diploma in journalism. They are not 'winging it'.

Double sourcing? Checking sources? When you posted a photograph a couple of months ago on your Twitter account of Mr Bucks Burnett with Jimmy Page at the Tower House, did it not occur to you to seek Mr Burnett's permission to post the photograph, given that the intellectual copyright in the photograph subsisted in Mr Burnett (a real writer, and Dallas music legend, btw)? I somehow doubt it.

Don't worry, I'm a professional journalist and can handle verification of stories and double-sourcing. Feel free to message me with any suggestions or improvements you have, I'm always open to feedback.

Context is certainly what we are lacking in regard to that tweeted comment.

The only context we've been offered is an imputation that the source is in some way unhinged and stalkerish - and (most damning of all) "old".

Yet it seems that Jimmy didn't have a problem talking to her : I don't know who she is, but is it fair to denigrate her in this way?

We have just enough information to speculate and no more. Until something else emerges, I'm going with this:

Jimmy was explaining that he'd just had new dental work. But it was causing him pain - so that new work would be out in March.

It seems he was speaking to this Harris Black. I had to look that up to find out who that really was. Not sure why Jimmy would be speaking to him. As for this 'groupie' are we sure she's realiable?

Cookie is ususally very discreet. I am not sure I understand this attack.

It seems he was speaking to this Harris Black. I had to look that up to find out who that really was. Not sure why Jimmy would be speaking to him. As for this 'groupie' are we sure she's realiable?

Cookie is ususally very discreet. I am not sure I understand this attack.

Harris Black is unrelated to Jimmy claiming that he's releasing something next month. Apparently it was someone else. Apologies if there had been any confusion there.

And thanks, I share what I hear and sometimes people get upset.

At this point in this rather unseemly discussion, I am forced to post a somewhat brief note. Thank you to Cookie and to truth and beauty for your mature viewpoint. This all brings up the phrase "don't kill the messenger" to light. I smell a not so "hidden agenda" from zepsapprentice, that is very distasteful. The "groupie" you to refer to is not what/whom you think, other than very reliable. What ever your personal feelings are, leave them out of here. And I can assure you the intermediary source of the quote is also as reliable as the statement given to him by Jimmy (and is not Harris Black by the way). It is from a person who had a beverage with Jimmy in Pattaya, indicated he was very polite and a gentleman, and conveyed the EXACT quote from Jimmy, that was then given to cookie. cookie is just passing on the info to us, as reported to him.

What does it mean? Could Jimmy be referring to "his" new found Zeppelin material that will be in the upcoming releases? Could it be some of his own material? Could he be just blowing hot air, or bragging to a guy in conversation? I think we will all hear what he means on Feb. 20th. In the meantime, my suggestion would be to leave the personal attacks and personal comments out of this thread, and let people enjoy the speculation on a higher level.

At this point in this rather unseemly discussion, I am forced to post a somewhat brief note. Thank you to Cookie and to truth and beauty for your mature viewpoint. This all brings up the phrase "don't kill the messenger" to light. I smell a not so "hidden agenda" from zepsapprentice, that is very distasteful. The "groupie" you to refer to is not what/whom you think, other than very reliable. What ever your personal feelings are, leave them out of here. And I can assure you the intermediary source of the quote is also as reliable as the statement given to him by Jimmy (and is not Harris Black by the way). It is from a person who had a beverage with Jimmy in Pattaya, indicated he was very polite and a gentleman, and conveyed the EXACT quote from Jimmy, that was then given to cookie. cookie is just passing on the info to us, as reported to him.

What does it mean? Could Jimmy be referring to "his" new found Zeppelin material that will be in the upcoming releases? Could it be some of his own material? Could he be just blowing hot air, or bragging to a guy in conversation? I think we will all hear what he means on Feb. 20th. In the meantime, my suggestion would be to leave the personal attacks and personal comments out of this thread, and let people enjoy the speculation on a higher level.

Well said! What a great first post! :yourock:

Welcome to the forum! :welcome2:

Hope you enjoy it here and your future posts are as good as your first!

I agree with Superdave. Thank you for this post and welcome! :)

Thank you to both of you. I am all in favor of freedom of speech, but was sad to see personal attacks coming to light, and insulting people. And perhaps a reminder is in order here - before you accuse someone of something - you never know who you are talking to, or about, in this forum, or who they know.....!

Thank you to both of you. I am all in favor of freedom of speech, but was sad to see personal attacks coming to light, and insulting people. And perhaps a reminder is in order here - before you accuse someone of something - you never know who you are talking to, or about, in this forum, or who they know.....!

Cheers, and thanks for that. Words of wisdom.

Cookie, I appreciate your contributions. I'll decide how much weight I give the info, and I wouldn't want you to not share with us. I appreciate being kept in the loop with what you have learned.

Cookie IS usually reliable. But one of his strengths is that he usually attributes his sources and makes it clear when he is acting as a channel for other information.

Right...I'm not trying to dogpile on Cook here, but I have to disagree with this very strongly. Many of his posts and tweets are out of context, or unattributed.

We shouldn't have to deal in subterfuge any more -- it's 2014. I don't care about the occultism or the "myth" of Led Zeppelin...and, frankly, we shouldn't have to censor ourselves because of who we might be talking to/about.

I had a rather public spat on this forum with someone who is (or was) somewhat close (?) with members the band...and it made me very sad to realize that they would consort with such a person.

Much respect to Cookie, he may not be the cupcake - but he is the Cookie. And he brings some real good stuff

to this Board - so lighten up.

I have no doubt that Jimmy has reams of material that he has been recording over the years. This could be the year

that some of it sees the light of day....maybe this March - who knows?

He has traveled far and wide and he has field recordings of world music in divergent places. He needs to let it go -

his way.

What a profound first post from someone who 'knows' the source was not Harris Black. The "old groupie" referred to (who is a member of this site with 36 posts) has stopped anyone from accessing her posts on Twitter (presumably other than the so-called "professional journalist"). You know the ones where she asks anyone who has seen JPP in the street, if he was with a woman.

;

What a profound first post from someone who 'knows' the source was not Harris Black. The "old groupie" referred to (who is a member of this site with 36 posts) has stopped anyone from accessing her posts on Twitter (presumably other than the so-called "professional journalist"). You know the ones where she asks anyone who has seen JPP in the street, if he was with a woman.

&

Come on buddy, this is just you harassing another member of the forum now.

Jimmy didn't talk to her directly, as you say.

Context is certainly what we are lacking in regard to that tweeted comment.

The only context we've been offered is an imputation that the source is in some way unhinged and stalkerish - and (most damning of all) "old".

Yet it seems that Jimmy didn't have a problem talking to her : I don't know who she is, but is it fair to denigrate her in this way?

We have just enough information to speculate and no more. Until something else emerges, I'm going with this:

Jimmy was explaining that he'd just had new dental work. But it was causing him pain - so that new work would be out in March.

Harrassing? No. Telling the truth (and you know it) - yes.

You still have not explained why you posted a photograph on your LedZepNews Twitter page of a well known Texas music industry participator in the company of Jimmy Page, without asking the gentleman (Mr Burnett) for his permission. If you choose to call yourself a "professional journalist", it would have been professional, or at the very least, mannerable, to do so.

Come on buddy, this is just you harassing another member of the forum now.

Harrassing? No. Telling the truth (and you know it) - yes.

You still have not explained why you posted a photograph on your LedZepNews Twitter page of a well known Texas music industry participator in the company of Jimmy Page, without asking the gentleman (Mr Burnett) for his permission. If you choose to call yourself a "professional journalist", it would have been professional, or at the very least, mannerable, to do so.

If Bucks has a problem with me sharing the pic that he shared himself publicly, then I'll immediately take it down.

"Bucks?" You are on first name terms? How very touching!!

Yes, Bucks did put the photograph on his Facebook page, which is indeed a public forum. However, did he draw the existence of the photograph to your attention himself? That would be difficult to believe, since you did not know Bucks existed at that particular point in time, did you? And let us say, for argument's sake, you did know him, it still would have been mannerable to ask his permission. But then again, you are not a professional journalist, are you?

If Bucks has a problem with me sharing the pic that he shared himself publicly, then I'll immediately take it down.

Archived