Jimmy Page solo album "No Progress"

royalrumpus

Only problem is that the solo sounds nothing like Black Dog or really any Zep song besides snippets...

No... I meant that rolling riff that loops round on itself from the beginning. JPJ said he wanted to write that kind of riff (I know what it is dammit, but I can't remember.... been on the vino....) and that's how he came up with Black Dog.

Did you read the description?

Ah, yes, but it doesn't make any sense of the video. The video shows one thing and the descript says another.

That's why I'm asking for confirmation from our Board of Experts.

:bubble:

Ah, yes, but it doesn't make any sense of the video. The video shows one thing and the descript says another.

That's why I'm asking for confirmation from our Board of Experts.

:bubble:

Ah ok. Well the guy originally tried to pass this off as an O2 rehearsals snippet, which it isn't. Then he remarketed it as you see in the video, a rehearsal at Robert's house in Malibu. He got called out for it and changed the description. Whether or not it's a Fillmore show, I don't know, but I don't trust the uploader at all.

Ah ok. Well the guy originally tried to pass this off as an O2 rehearsals snippet, which it isn't. Then he remarketed it as you see in the video, a rehearsal at Robert's house in Malibu. He got called out for it and changed the description. Whether or not it's a Fillmore show, I don't know, but I don't trust the uploader at all.

I tend to agree with you Cooks but check this guys youtube account out - he seems to have a small boat load of un-released

Zeppelin stuff that I have never heard...it's authentic despite some mis-givings about the descriptions. Check him out bc

he just released some vids recently.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LawrenceofVA?feature=watch

OK, I'll buy that but...Got something more informative?

Yes. It's Led Zeppelin LIVE, April 1969 in San Francisco when Page just acquired his Les Paul from Joe Walsh.

The only time Robert ever 'had' a house in Malibu was in September 1975 while he recovered from his car accident. Anyone remotely familiar with the band can hear the distinct differences between them from 1969 (clearly on the audio) and 1975 (clearly not on the audio).

Welcome to the party, pal. :whistling:

Can anyone here add some details to this "Rehearsal Video" at Robert's house in Malibu CA?

It definitely is the four guys, but I wonder what ever came of these rehearsals...

http://youtu.be/g4byppTBVCw

That's Killing Floor or Lemon Song (whatever you want to call it) from the Fillmore West on 27 April 1969. Surprised, no one spotted this sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a mixture of both. 'Welcome to the world of managing Jimmy Page' was the most telling comment.

I agree. He was smart enough not to answer the questions about Lori. I was glad he ignored them. Jimmy has nothing to do with any of them. Unfortunately its part of his history.

We will never see a solo album of Jimmy Page or a live performance again. It is true i think!

I think we'll see a live performance, maybe not a complete show or anything, but HOPEFULLY, as a guest or something for a song or two.

I don't have very much hope for any new recorded material from Mr JP.

• 4 months later...

Archived