Jimmy Page solo album "No Progress"

royalrumpus

Any bets its NOT a new solo album? I don't want to dash anyone's hopes, but it seems VERY unlikely it would be a new solo album. I think we would have heard about Page being at a studio, other musicians involved, etc. I hope it's not another retread, like Lucifer Rising, dug from the ashes where it should have stayed.

I've always wondered why the members of Zep couldn't just take the (now popular)

grass roots approach to music again.

1. Rent a barn in the countryside.

2. Bring in some generators.

3. Put some beers and tequilia on ice.

4. Plug in their instruments and crank the amps.

5. Start playing some old blues until they get their mojo going.

6. Create NEW masterpieces of which they are still capable of.

7. Be friends again.

Kinda like the 2014 version of Bron y Aur or the Headley Grange recording process.

Robert has done this with his brilliant SSS band with awesome results - why should Zep 2.0 be any

different.

I've always wondered why the members of Zep couldn't just take the (now popular)

grass roots approach to music again.

1. Rent a barn in the countryside.

2. Bring in some generators.

3. Put some beers and tequilia on ice.

4. Plug in their instruments and crank the amps.

5. Start playing some old blues until they get their mojo going.

6. Create NEW masterpieces of which they are still capable of.

7. Be friends again.

Kinda like the 2014 version of Bron y Aur or the Headley Grange recording process.

Robert has done this with his brilliant SSS band with awesome results - why should Zep 2.0 be any

different.

You're delusional.

You're delusional.

Okay, to be fair many times I've thought along Nirvana's idea. Why can't the three of them get together and write some acoustic stuff and hang out. And the reason is Plant. It would appear that he is not an easy guy to get along with on a professional level, and his "announcement" on Jimmy's birthday is further evidence of how much he seems to get off on being a bit of a stiff.

I recognize he's done more than he ever needed to do for Zeppelin post 1980, but sticking it to others for sport is a loser's game.

Okay, to be fair many times I've thought along Nirvana's idea. Why can't the three of them get together and write some acoustic stuff and hang out. And the reason is Plant. It would appear that he is not an easy guy to get along with on a professional level, and his "announcement" on Jimmy's birthday is further evidence of how much he seems to get off on being a bit of a stiff.

I recognize he's done more than he ever needed to do for Zeppelin post 1980, but sticking it to others for sport is a loser's game.

It is sad that Jimmy, Jones, and Jason have musical ideas they would like to share with Bob, but Bobby is too unique for such simple things...

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, this was just tweeted by the usually-reliable LedZepNews:

"I have some of my new work coming out in March.” - Jimmy Page, talking to a fan recently during his visit to Thailand

Possibly reliable but I wouldn't hold my breath. March is just around the corner and the CD would already be in the distribution channels by now. The news would be all over if that were the case...

Possibly reliable but I wouldn't hold my breath. March is just around the corner and the CD would already be in the distribution channels by now. The news would be all over if that were the case...

True, although his last two releases (DWII and Lucifer Rising) were through his website with little fanfare or warning. Bowie dropped a new album in surprising fashion. One never knows...

Love the man, but he is notoriously unreliable about his solo material, and potential release dates.

I just want to say that although there will never be a Zeppelin reunion per-se, I think it is too bad that related discussions can't take place for fear of instantly attracting criticism. We are all fans, first and foremost, and any opportunity to talk about Zeppelin with fellow fans is welcomed. This place tends to be a dead zone much of the time, and I cannot see the harm of opening up discussions for the sake of having the opportunity to share a passion for a great band. We all know deep in our hearts that it is over, but that should not preclude anyone from sharing their thoughts, feelings, and hopes. Some people will always hold out hope, and yet at the same time they would likely be the first to admit that the likelihood of anything more is slim to none. Led Zeppelin lives in the hearts of many and will only die when the passion does. Perhaps we could focus a bit more on what we share in common, as opposed to what divides us.

Nirvana: improbable idea, but it would have been amazing if such a thing could have happened. I don't always agree with what you have to say, but I love your passion for our band.

"I have some of my new work coming out in March.” - Jimmy Page, talking to a fan recently during his visit to Thailand

Well, that settles it then. Jimmy Page's magnum opus is imminent because some kathoey in Thailand claims Jimmy told him so.

e606a6336cc5962179a2926ae049e17b_bigger.Led Zeppelin News@LedZepNews 7h

"I have some of my new work coming out in March. - Jimmy Page, talking to a fan recently during his visit to Thailand

As he was just speaking to a fan, I am afraid to get my hopes up too much, but then again it was around the Spring Equniox he released Luicfer Rising. It would be the best birthday presant for me as my birthday is around than.

Nah. Just a point of view from a realist.

I know, just teasing. If Jimmy ever does release new music this board will be in shock. Jimmy allegedly says he has new stuff coming out in March and it barely elicits a yawn at this point! As for me, I'm an optimist...

Well, that settles it then. Jimmy Page's magnum opus is imminent because some kathoey in Thailand claims Jimmy told him so.

Spot on.

Cookie IS usually reliable. But one of his strengths is that he usually attributes his sources and makes it clear when he is acting as a channel for other information.

This is one single and not very authoritative source. If people want to live off chinese whispers, fine. But I'd say, just file it in the back of your mind and wait for some more substantive information. As others have posted, there are plenty of circumstantial reasons to be sceptical about this particular claim.

But I won't mind if Jimmy contradicts me !

Thanks guys, thought I'd add a little context to that tweet.

The quote comes from a conversation that Jimmy had with a fan in Thailand very recently. Since it's from the man himself, I thought it worthy of sharing.

Now, I'm not going to claim it's news and publish anything claiming that JP will release an album next month. We've seen so many direct quotes from Jimmy that amounted to nothing, but I think it's worth continuing to share them. One of the things that I try and do with @LedZepNews is share some of the rumours that fly around too, as mentioned in the account's bio. If this wasn't a quote, instead a rumour that I'd heard, I'd flag it up as such in the tweet.

Let's add more context to your tweet. Your direct source was an old groupie who has been contacting a guy in Thailand called Harris Black, whom Jimmy has met a couple of times on previous visits to that country. (That's when she's not contacting people on Twitter who have seen Jimmy in public, and asking them if he was accompanied by anyone (preferably female).

Thanks guys, thought I'd add a little context to that tweet.

The quote comes from a conversation that Jimmy had with a fan in Thailand very recently. Since it's from the man himself, I thought it worthy of sharing.

Now, I'm not going to claim it's news and publish anything claiming that JP will release an album next month. We've seen so many direct quotes from Jimmy that amounted to nothing, but I think it's worth continuing to share them. One of the things that I try and do with @LedZepNews is share some of the rumours that fly around too, as mentioned in the account's bio. If this wasn't a quote, instead a rumour that I'd heard, I'd flag it up as such in the tweet.

Let's add more context to your tweet. Your direct source was an old groupie who has been contacting a guy in Thailand called Harris Black, whom Jimmy has met a couple of times on previous visits to that country. (That's when she's not contacting people on Twitter who have seen Jimmy in public, and asking them if he was accompanied by anyone (preferably female).

If you want to portray facts in a bizarre passive-aggressive manner then you're welcome to do so. It doesn't offend me at all.

Yes, facts they are, Cookie. An old groupie with a wild imagination, I might add. And Harris Black doesn´t care about what kind of news he spreads.

With almost 7000 followers, i´d think you need to be more responsiable about your information. Unofficial is not read by most of your followers unfortunately.

Don't worry, I'm a professional journalist and can handle verification of stories and double-sourcing. Feel free to message me with any suggestions or improvements you have, I'm always open to feedback.

Professional journalist? Are you a member of any of the professional journalist's unions? Did you ever spend time training at a newspaper, national or local, since you left school? You are twenty years old. Journalists nowadays in your age group go to university, and then follow on with a postgraduate diploma in journalism. They are not 'winging it'.

Double sourcing? Checking sources? When you posted a photograph a couple of months ago on your Twitter account of Mr Bucks Burnett with Jimmy Page at the Tower House, did it not occur to you to seek Mr Burnett's permission to post the photograph, given that the intellectual copyright in the photograph subsisted in Mr Burnett (a real writer, and Dallas music legend, btw)? I somehow doubt it.

Archived