Heart inducted in to Hof

Mudslider

I never got to see Zep live but I did see Heart lots of times. They used to live here in Vancouver in the early 70's.Their band had several name changes but when they started getting really popular (as Heart), they would play some of the better known small club venues. I saw them at The Cave, one of the better known clubs in downtown Vancouver, with a long and storied history. The Cave was getting very long in the tooth when I started going there but I did see Ike & Tina Turner there and Heart, well lots of other bands too for that matter. I also saw them in a club in Gastown which I know longer remember the name of. They absolutely killed Zep tunes, they were awesome. My friend and I always referred to them as the Wilson Sisters because we never paid any attention to anyone else in that band, lol. I had a girl crush on Nancy (we are the same age)....anyways their breakout album was recorded here - I always hear they were a Seattle band - but locally they are our Heart.

AND BTW

High time they were inducted!! They were as great as always at the KCH.

amen. I've seen them several l times in concert and they are one of a few bands I can honestly say I enjoyed more each time I saw them. They make no secret of being influenced heavily by zeppelin, but to me that's one of many reasons why I always loved them. Now, kingdom come doing "get it on " is another story.

I see Heart once again played tribute to Zeppelin by playing Achilies last stand at the induction. Though disguised as Barricade, it sounded good. Ann page and Nancy plant, I tip my empty bottle 2 u.

LOL! Although I don't quite agree (at least not by the studio version). Missed the R&R HoF; never watch tv anymore and unaware of what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...

I think kiss should have gotten in before Heart, They influenced a lot more bands than heart, nothing against Heart. I know theres a lot of Kiss haters, but they were huge and not to bad, till 1980.

Now the big question is will the original members all be there to play? This will be intresting.

I believe it was the original band members on the first song, Crazy On You. Then the current lineup for the second song, Dreamboat Annie, followed by a jam of all members plus others such as Chris Cornell for the third/final number, Barracuda. We will see which ones get broadcast this Saturday evening when HBO airs the edited show.

Archived