Your Top 5 Al Pacino Movies?

kingzoso

Same situation applies if you care to respond to your Top 5 Al Pacino movies.

For me:

Godfather

Godfather Part Two

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

Scarface

Again, I would Hate to leave out:

Panic In Needle Park

Carlito's Way

Donnie Brasco

Glen Garry Glen Ross

and... of course, Heat

1. Heat

2. Carlito's Way

3. Scent of a Woman

4. Sea of Love

5. Frankie and Johnny

Not a very "cool" top five and certainly four and five on my list aren't the greatest cinematic achievements of all time - but I really enjoy Al's work in those films. Having grown up watching "old Al" I find it strange when I go back now and watch "young Al" in things like Serpico & Dog Day Afternoon. The Godfather films I've never really enjoyed even though I knew I probably should because seemingly everyone else in the world rates them so highly, although, It has been perhaps 10-15 years since I last viewed them so I would like to give them another watch to see if I appreciate them now.

I must agree with Nutrocker and say that Pacino shouts a bit too much for my liking! I was fortunate enough to meet Mr Pacino when he was appearing at the Duke of York's Theatre in London in the mid-1980s playing the lead role in 'American Buffalo'.

I must agree with Nutrocker and say that Pacino shouts a bit too much for my liking! I was fortunate enough to meet Mr Pacino when he was appearing at the Duke of York's Theatre in London in the mid-1980s playing the lead role in 'American Buffalo'.

He is my favorite actor of all time. A close second would be Clint Eastwood and then De Niro. And then maybe Dustin Hoffman. Pacino is as versatile as they have ever come. In the modern day era is is the best. Of course there are actors of yesteryear like Jimmy Stewart that are on the list too. And John Wayne and Eroll Flynn and many others

Hi Rick,

Hope you are getting better - I know it's agony when there is something wrong with your back.

Yes, he is my favourite actor too - I just found him a bit loud in 'Scent of a Woman'. We had tickets five rows from the front at the theatre, so we got really good views. We had waited outside for hours in the afternoon waiting for him to come to rehearsals. I stuck a piece of paper out at him as he was walking past, and managed to get his autograph. He was surrounded by bodyguards who looked like they had done their time in the Mafia. He is only about 5ft6ins, and very stocky build. He gave a very powerful stage performance. A strong New York accent. It was a privilege to be there.

He is my favorite actor of all time. A close second would be Clint Eastwood and then De Niro. And then maybe Dustin Hoffman. Pacino is as versatile as they have ever come. In the modern day era is is the best. Of course there are actors of yesteryear like Jimmy Stewart that are on the list too. And John Wayne and Eroll Flynn and many others

Hi Rick,

Hope you are getting better - I know it's agony when there is something wrong with your back.

Yes, he is my favourite actor too - I just found him a bit loud in 'Scent of a Woman'. We had tickets five rows from the front at the theatre, so we got really good views. We had waited outside for hours in the afternoon waiting for him to come to rehearsals. I stuck a piece of paper out at him as he was walking past, and managed to get his autograph. He was surrounded by bodyguards who looked like they had done their time in the Mafia. He is only about 5ft6ins, and very stocky build. He gave a very powerful stage performance. A strong New York accent. It was a privilege to be there.

He is a legend. I was not a big fan of Scent of a woman. Sea of Love is not that great either, other than Ellen Barkin being so damn hot. I wonder how she looks now? The Godfather movies made him a legend, working along side of Marlon Brando will do that. Heat is one of my all time favorite movies. That bank robbery scene is classic. And seeing him and De Nero together was fabulous. I also love Carlito's Way. Hard to believe that is Sean Penn, the way they made him look in that movie.

I must comment on the above post. The Godfather part III should have been scrapped. It was a mistake at best

Rick,

My five are The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Heat. In fact, the car chase in Heat was set up by a member of the British Special Forces, the author Andy McNab.

Al is going to be appearing on the stage this June at the London Palladium where he will be doing his one man show, which includes a questions and answer session with the audience. Wish I could go. The man is class!!

He is a legend. I was not a big fan of Scent of a woman. Sea of Love is not that great either, other than Ellen Barkin being so damn hot. I wonder how she looks now? The Godfather movies made him a legend, working along side of Marlon Brando will do that. Heat is one of my all time favorite movies. That bank robbery scene is classic. And seeing him and De Nero together was fabulous. I also love Carlito's Way. Hard to believe that is Sean Penn, the way they made him look in that movie.

I must comment on the above post. The Godfather part III should have been scrapped. It was a mistake at best

Rick,

My five are The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Heat. In fact, the car chase in Heat was set up by a member of the British Special Forces, the author Andy McNab.

Al is going to be appearing on the stage this June at the London Palladium where he will be doing his one man show, which includes a questions and answer session with the audience. Wish I could go. The man is class!!

Damn I love watching them turn that cop car into swiss cheese.

THE Godfther

The Godfather part 2

Scarface

Donnie Brasco

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

The Recruit

Any Given Sunday

Scent of a Woman

Two For the Money

The Panic In Needle park

Al Pacino is a legend since his first movie back in 1969,he is one of my favorite actors who gives a brilliant performance what ever role he is playing. His 70s movies were amazing and he moved right into the 80s with some great movies .I really liked him in Scarface,Dog Day Afternoon,Serpico and all the others too.

tumblr_m69dxwLdWA1ru1sa9o10_1280-50a1d5c3152_Serpico_poster_1214968378.jpg

I am of the opinion that Mr. Pacino should have won his first Academy Award back in the 1970's for his role in either the "Godfather" (I or II) or "Serpico" or "Dog Day Afternoon". It would take about 17 years till he won for "Scent of a Woman". Great movie but the first 4 I that I just mentioned, I think, were more Oscar performance worthy then "Scent of a Woman". Just my opinion.

I am of the opinion that Mr. Pacino should have won his first Academy Award back in the 1970's for his role in either the "Godfather" (I or II) or "Serpico" or "Dog Day Afternoon". It would take about 17 years till he won for "Scent of a Woman". Great movie but the first 4 I that I just mentioned, I think, were more Oscar performance worthy then "Scent of a Woman". Just my opinion.

The Oscars are never given out fairly. I mean, Clint finally wins for Unforgiven, great movie, but he could have won with several others. As for Scent of a Woman, how the fuck can anyone say he was better in that movie than in the Godfather? Ridiculous. And to the Bosox fan friend of ours, what do you have against Heat?

Scarface is just nuts. I mean, what a performance. I love Carlito's Way. I did not like that little shit shooting him at the end, but oh well. They always try and push the old message that crime does not pay. Sea of Love was a very short movie in my opinion. Ellen Barkin just left you with your tongue on the floor. I hope Al has another big one left on ice. Him and De Niro should do another film together.

Rick,

I think I know what your ultimate Pacino film would be. Al plays the part of the Coach for a US football/baseball team. :P

The Oscars are never given out fairly. I mean, Clint finally wins for Unforgiven, great movie, but he could have won with several others. As for Scent of a Woman, how the fuck can anyone say he was better in that movie than in the Godfather? Ridiculous. And to the Bosox fan friend of ours, what do you have against Heat?

Scarface is just nuts. I mean, what a performance. I love Carlito's Way. I did not like that little shit shooting him at the end, but oh well. They always try and push the old message that crime does not pay. Sea of Love was a very short movie in my opinion. Ellen Barkin just left you with your tongue on the floor. I hope Al has another big one left on ice. Him and De Niro should do another film together.

How could you guys leave out "And Justice For All"? By far his best acting and imo, he totally got screwed out of Best Actor that year (even though Dustin Hoffman was excellent in Kramer vs Kramer). The ending is fantastic!

He has so many great performances but for me Scent of a Woman is his most under appreciated.

I respectfully disagree. Pacino is like I say, my favorite, or tied with Clint for it. But I did not love that movie like others and I believe its because I thought the performance by the kid sort of ruined it for Al. I thought the kid was out of his league and I am clueless as to how or why he got the part. I was far from impressed with the kid's performance.

I respectfully disagree. Pacino is like I say, my favorite, or tied with Clint for it. But I did not love that movie like others and I believe its because I thought the performance by the kid sort of ruined it for Al. I thought the kid was out of his league and I am clueless as to how or why he got the part. I was far from impressed with the kid's performance.

Although Al's performance is even more amazing given that he thought he was acting with a plank of wood for half of the movie; until the director whispered in his ear that it was, in fact, Chris O' (So Inanimate) Donnell. Al vowed never to work with wood again, and to his credit he went a whole five years before he worked with Keanu Reeves in The Devil's Advocate.

Yeah, but Pacino played a blind guy in SOAW...people playing disabilities are shoo ins for awards. Consider that De Niro won best actor not for Taxi Driver or The Deer Hunter but Raging Bull, where he famously put on sixty pounds to play the part. Same kinda situation.

Him and De Niro should do another film together.

As long as it's better than Righteous Kill was. One of the bigger cinematic disappointments I've seen...

Heat was a good movie,just didn't care for it that much..

Archived