George Starostin's review of the Led Zeppelin catalogue

HE'S A TRUE-IDIOT.....LET'S FACE IT!!!! C'MON MAN That is his personal opinion when he says things like Keith is far better than Jimmy or Dave is average at Best....thats why he writes things like this to piss off people on this Forum for some strange reason critics just never seemed to figure Zep out so it was easy for them to say stuff like this?????

By the way you notice he gives Zep a "C" He get's an "F"as far as im concerned.....

HE'S A TRUE-IDIOT.....LET'S FACE IT!!!! C'MON MAN That is his personal opinion when he says things like Keith is far better than Jimmy or Dave is average at Best....thats why he writes things like this to piss off people on this Forum for some strange reason critics just never seemed to figure Zep out so it was easy for them to say stuff like this?????

If I agree with him or not, I've always enjoyed Starostin's reviews; they're insightful and opinionated. The problems arise when people confuse a review with a scholarly article.

No one is confusing anything! Ofcourse he has got a right to his opinion, but he is totally ignoring the prestigious awards Zeppelin got from renowned critics in the last 15 years and with a little bit more fairness, there is no way he can call them a C grade artist, they are obviously up there among the best in rock and roll history!

He believes they are heavy metal and that alone is enough to give them a grade C! And he never wants to admit how many genres Zeppelin played and that they mostly did it well! And when it comes to very melodic songs like Tangerine and Night flight he somehow finds a way to put such songs down, so that he can continue with his idea that Zeppelin were an unmelodic band!

And many of his opinions are based on him just not liking that type of melodies, songwriting approach and arrangements! Ok I can accept that, but the problem is he uses totally ridiciolus ideas to put them down and then uses argumentation that makes no sense or is very, very weak!

READ THE REVIEWS I WROTE TO HIM UNDER 'Samo Kodela' AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN!

and he also uses double standards when it comes to the Beatles! He also easily insults Zeppelin and just ignores an obvious fact that their songs have become classics of rock and roll and he is just off many, many times! Things are not that subjective that he could write such bullshit!

Archived