2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES - ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS

sam_webmaster

Wow!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting that Cookie!!!!! So freaking cool...........can you imagine?

A little aside: CC Adcock and the Lil' Old Band of Gold are a bunch of guys originally from Lafayette. I remember when they were doing the Fats Domino tribute back in 2007, Robert Plant snuck into Lafayette for a few days with his new buddies. He ate one night at one of my favorite restaurants and now when I go there it's surreal to think that I'm sitting in the booth where Robert Plant sat!!!!!!! Why oh why couldn't I have been there that night!!! But it was all pretty quiet and low key. Nobody reported anything until after he left.

Well, well, well...BJ's Louge was certainly the place to be Monday night. Bloody brilliant.

It was when I first heard the "Live on Blueberry Hill" bootleg that I realized what a fan of Fats Domino Robert Plant, if not the whole band, was. It inspired me to seek out and investigate Fats Domino's music further.

Cannot wait to see Robert again next week.

Great article and IF he showed up at One Eyed Jacks..we need video:-)

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2013/07/robert_plant_and_his_sensation.html

Robert Plant and his Sensational Space Shifters played spooky blues, Zeppelin classics at the Mahalia Jackson Theater

I checked on that, apparently it was just a rumour, he never showed.

Cookie,

Yes, it did not happen, although it was strongly rumored that he would. We waited until 3 am! Had a good time. C.C. Adcock was there the whole time.

The show itself was fantastic. Robert was in fine form - in voice and Plantations.

My favorites of the night were "Friends", "The Enchanter" and "Big Log".

It was a great crowd, and Plant said some really cool stuff about New Orleans. He even mentioned that he had some sad memories, too, which alluded to being here when he found out about Karac.

Also, somebody in the front row kept holding up a copy of "Hammer of the Gods", and Plant siad something like, "why do you have that book? It's s*&t!"

Great night

Cookie,

Yes, it did not happen, although it was strongly rumored that he would. We waited until 3 am! Had a good time. C.C. Adcock was there the whole time.

The show itself was fantastic. Robert was in fine form - in voice and Plantations.

It was a great crowd, and Plant said some really cool stuff about New Orleans. He even mentioned that he had some sad memories, too, which alluded to being here when he found out about Karac.

Also, somebody in the front row kept holding up a copy of "Hammer of the Gods", and Plant siad something like, "why do you have that book? It's s*&t!"

Great night

Sounds like a great time..

Cookie,

Great night

Awesome post, thanks for this.

Was at the show last night as well. 10 rows off the stage.

Hell of a show. Was my first time seeing Robert, and it was great to see he still had and is still having fun on stage. He seemed to really enjoy every moment of it all.

I actually was talking to the guy with the book before the show and he was so excited to get Robert to sign it. Talked to him again after the show and he seemed pretty embarrassed.

Was at the show last night as well. 10 rows off the stage.

Hell of a show. Was my first time seeing Robert, and it was great to see he still had and is still having fun on stage. He seemed to really enjoy every moment of it all.

I actually was talking to the guy with the book before the show and he was so excited to get Robert to sign it. Talked to him again after the show and he seemed pretty embarrassed.

That poor guy!!!!! Glad you got to go!!!

Wow, great shot of the incense burning!

Looking forward to tomorrow night. I am sure more videos will surface of the New Orleans performance. Thanks to edgeofthewind for these:

:peace:

Well, well, well...BJ's Louge was certainly the place to be Monday night. Bloody brilliant.

It was when I first heard the "Live on Blueberry Hill" bootleg that I realized what a fan of Fats Domino Robert Plant, if not the whole band, was. It inspired me to seek out and investigate Fats Domino's music further.

Cannot wait to see Robert again next week.

It was Zeppelin, during the 80's that helped me to get into a lot of these oldies like Fats Domino, Buddy Holly, Elvis and others with the covers and the oldies medleys they played during their concerts, especially from 1969 to Europe 1973. It was a good thing and really got me into Zeppelin's music so much and appreciate what a great live band they really were. Even about 30 years ago, when they weren't appreciated that much so, except from the core fans. Definitely, not from most media.

Cookie,

Great night

Hey Hercoflex,

I am so glad you clarified what the book reference was to!

I was in the mid-balcony and couldn't tell what exactly he was talking about!

It was an awesome show, I think we showed him plenty of love....my husband commented that the crowd's cheers sounded as loud as a Saint's game! :D

You'd have to be pretty oblivious to think Robert Plant would want to sign "Hammer of the Gods". Too bad I wasn't there to see him before the show, I could have warned him "dude, put that book away!" and saved him from embarrassment.

he really looks like he wants to be there, seems to be in a wonderful place right now. Even his Plantations are easy and drama-free. I like the platform and lighting better on this tour. The styling should get some kind of industry recognition. Anyone know where he found the drummer? Looks like he just walked out of Geometry Lab at college.

he really looks like he wants to be there, seems to be in a wonderful place right now. Even his Plantations are easy and drama-free. I like the platform and lighting better on this tour. The styling should get some kind of industry recognition. Anyone know where he found the drummer? Looks like he just walked out of Geometry Lab at college.

Dave does look pretty young, but he's a solid jazz drummer.

Robert's current backing band, The Sensational Space Shifters, is basically the band Juju with a new name. They've released music themselves, and are known around the UK. Dave is the drummer for Juju, so that's how Robert found him.

Cookie, Yes, it did not happen, although it was strongly rumored that he would. We waited until 3 am! Had a good time. C.C. Adcock was there the whole time. The show itself was fantastic. Robert was in fine form - in voice and Plantations. My favorites of the night were "Friends", "The Enchanter" and "Big Log". It was a great crowd, and Plant said some really cool stuff about New Orleans. He even mentioned that he had some sad memories, too, which alluded to being here when he found out about Karac. Also, somebody in the front row kept holding up a copy of "Hammer of the Gods", and Plant siad something like, "why do you have that book? It's s*&t!" Great night

OMG how embarrassing. Was / is this person ever a real fan to begin with? To think what a real fan would have given to be in the first row.

^^ Glad all of you had a great time in The Big Easy at Roberts show. I am so excited to see him tonight :yay:It's Friday so I can relax tomorrow,thank God!

I'll do my best to get some great photos to share:-)

^^ Glad all of you had a great time in The Big Easy at Roberts show. I am so excited to see him tonight :yay:It's Friday so I can relax tomorrow,thank God!

I want to go so bad but so far away!!!

The show may be over now, but I hope you enjoyed it Debs...well it's not always good to state the obvious!

You'd have to be pretty oblivious to think Robert Plant would want to sign "Hammer of the Gods". Too bad I wasn't there to see him before the show, I could have warned him "dude, put that book away!" and saved him from embarrassment.

Strider, what was just as bad was the few people who yelled out, "Stairway to Heaven!", while Robert was speaking!

I was like, "Really?" :angry:

he really looks like he wants to be there, seems to be in a wonderful place right now. Even his Plantations are easy and drama-free. I like the platform and lighting better on this tour. The styling should get some kind of industry recognition.

Robert even commented during the show in New Orleans that he was in a good place now, musically and personally! He really has a peace about him!

I also agree about the lighting, when Skin is opening the show on the guitar with BIGLY, it is just purely breathtaking the way he is bathed in the dapled spotlight!

The flood of red during TPV is seriously spooky!

Also the stars that flood the stage and audience at different times almost look 3-D!

Very cool effects!

Ms. Deb, I know you had a great time! :party:

One of the best concerts I have ever been to! I loved every minute!

I loved the continuous burning of incence during the show, I was curious as to, Why? Because at times he was bathed in the smoke from it (Me?, I would have choked...lol) !

I guess he is trying to stimulate all our senses!

It worked, the Mahalia was truly transported to the 70's! :hippy:

Archived