2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES - ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS

sam_webmaster

I loved the continuous burning of incence during the show, I was curious as to, Why?

Pure speculation only on my part, but if Berkeley on 6/29 and his last couple tours on the shows I attended were any indication, where he had the incence burning on stage, he is using it to mask all the marijuana smoke coming in from the crowd! Robert used to smoke, I don't think he does anymore, and I am guessing he probably doesn't want to smell all that bud coming up in his direction anymore! It was heavy in Berkeley, for sure!

Hello Forum Members!

The show Friday night was outstanding. Arrived about 6:30PM, then a huge rain storm came,then passed in about 30 minutes. I talked with several people while waiting for the gates to open and a lot had been to see LZ in the 70's. Here are a few shots of the stage before the show began

RobertSSSJuly20132.jpg

RobertSSSJuly20131.jpg

The opening act was Bombino and they were almost as good as Robert and SSS. The guy on bass was like a machine..the whole band was great and they received great applause. I wished they could have played longer.

RobertSSSoopeningbandJuly2013.jpg

More coming

Around 9PM Robert and The Sensational Space Shifters hit the stage. The crowd went crazy. Opened with BIGLY and "Skin" Tyson did an amazing job on guitar. I have to be honest and this is meant with respect, but there were a few times where I missed seeing Jimmy,especially on GTC.. There was a young man filming on stage and I do hope this leads to a DVD. When the show opened everyone got up. The crowd was so loud and really feeding the band..two hour show!

If I could pick one song that to me was a standout was "In The Mood" . You could really tell that the band was having a great time. Then about 10:15PM it started pouring again, so we were drenched! I saw Robert look over and say it was wet and I am assuming if they should continue. The show went on and quite frankly the rain felt nice as it was hot.

A few more photos:

Speaking of incence

RobertSSSstageopeningJuly2013.jpg

RobertSSSJuly20133.jpg

RobertSSSJuly20135DSCN00792.jpg

Edit: had wrong opening song

Around 9PM Robert and The Sensational Space Shifters hit the stage. The crowd went crazy. Opened with BIGLY and "Skin" Tyson did an amazing job on guitar. I have to be honest and this is meant with respect, but there were a few times where I missed seeing Jimmy,especially on GTC.. There was a young man filming on stage and I do hope this leads to a DVD. When the show opened everyone got up. The crowd was so loud and really feeding the band..two hour show!

If I could pick one song that to me was a standout was "In The Mood" . You could really tell that the band was having a great time. Then about 10:15PM it started pouring again, so we were drenched! I saw Robert look over and say it was wet and I am assuming if they should continue. The show went on and quite frankly the rain felt nice as it was hot.

A few more photos:

Speaking of incence

RobertSSSJuly20133.jpg

A few more photos:

Speaking of incence

RobertSSSJuly20133.jpg

You have some really amazing pictures!! A DVD would be wonderful!!!

and very nice tshirt. Roberts hair looks so much longer on your pictures than others I have seen!!

So I wonder now if burning the incense is to cover the pot smell,did you smell any?

The show may be over now, but I hope you enjoyed it Debs...well it's not always good to state the obvious!

The show may be over now, but I hope you enjoyed it Debs...well it's not always good to state the obvious!

Dave,I am assuming that is you in your profile pic,where did you meet Robert,you lucky man!!!

They was a few doobies lit during the concert to say the least:-)

They was a few doobies lit during the concert to say the least:-)

I am sure,I would have been too,back in my younger days!!

They opened with Going To California? I've heard they opened with Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You. They've opened every single show on their US tour with Babe so far.

1. Corrected, so sorry, Guess I had Jimmy on my mind :peace:

Archived