2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES - ROBERT PLANT PRESENTS THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS

sam_webmaster

Okay so what are Plant's upcoming plans? Raising Sand 2 or an album with the Sensational Space Shifters? Honestly, I'd prefer Raising Sand 2.

From what he said in yesterday's article, it looks like we'll get both in due time...if you count the 20 Buddy Miller tracks as Raising Sand II. :)

I've always assumed those 20 tracks were recorded with Krauss.

Cookie, I think those 20 tracks were recorded before the Space Shifters formed.

If not Raising Sand 2, I want something with some actual songwriting.

When was the last time Robert wrote a song? I'm going through the liner notes of Raising Sand, Band of Joy, Mighty ReArranger and Dreamland and I'm not seeing any songs written by Robert, except a couple cases where he's credited as co-writer.

Strider, I honestly didn't understand what "Jimmy shows up everywhere" could possibly mean in this context.

Well whenever you see a concert or some type of fundraiser in London he seems to be there

I'll try and find the video interview, it was from either the Australian or North American tour, but Robert was very dismissive of working with Alison again.

The studio segment from the Australian 60 Minutes interview talked about blues covers, am I right? That's the interview with the annoying female presenter who Robert called 'a bitch' in his Australian shows.

I'll try and find the video interview, it was from either the Australian or North American tour, but Robert was very dismissive of working with Alison again.

I don't understand why. Raising Sand was his most successful post-Zep project easily. It hit #2 in both the US and UK. It also won the Album of the Year award at the Grammys.

87 on Metacritic. One of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2007.

And don't forget his reason (pretext?) for not reuniting with Zep - his 2008 tour with Alison.

I don't understand why. Raising Sand was his most successful post-Zep project easily. It hit #2 in both the US and UK. It also won the Album of the Year award at the Grammys.

87 on Metacritic. One of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2007.

And don't forget his reason (pretext?) for not reuniting with Zep - his 2008 tour with Alison.

I'm sure Robert knows it was successful, but Alison moved on to do something different.

I'm sure Robert knows it was successful, but Alison moved on to do something different.

I believe Robert referred to Raising Sand as capturing lightening in a bottle. A moment in time that worked out just right. They went back to do it again, with other songs, and it just didn't feel right to them. So he went and did Band of Joy and she went back to her band and career.

I've always assumed those 20 tracks were recorded with Krauss.

Cookie, I think those 20 tracks were recorded before the Space Shifters formed.

If not Raising Sand 2, I want something with some actual songwriting.

When was the last time Robert wrote a song? I'm going through the liner notes of Raising Sand, Band of Joy, Mighty ReArranger and Dreamland and I'm not seeing any songs written by Robert, except a couple cases where he's credited as co-writer.

Alison may indeed be on some of the tracks...Robert doesn't say in the article. What we do know is that these were songs that Robert recorded with Buddy Miller, so it may be something more along the lines of Band of Joy 2, rather than Raising Sand 2. Same bunch of stellar Nashville musicians.

Not quite accurate...you make it sound as if Alison left Robert standing at the altar. It was more a case of things not jelling the way Robert wanted on the second go-around and both parties mutually agreeing to shelve it at that time. Plant moved on to form Band of Joy, and Alison was free to rejoin her Union Station mates.

I'm not buying Robert being dismissive of Alison Krauss. He has more tact and class than that. I don't care what some fly-by-night Aussie interviewer claims. We've all seen Robert's quirky sense of humour misinterpreted before. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robert and Alison record something in the future...their voices are a match made in heaven.

Not that Patty Griffin is chopped liver...hell, get all three of them together in a studio!!!

REALLY want to attend the July 27 show in Prospect Park, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy tickets due to Brooklyn's less-than-stellar reputation...Anybody from the NY area know if Prospect Park is in a safe part of Brooklyn?

I'm from Brooklyn and Prospect Park is one of the safest places there. As with all big cities, watch your bearings at all times. I wish I were back home on July 27th to see this concert, sigh!

Hi Geezer. I was referring to Strider's post of the heavenly combo of Plant and Krauss and Patty's vocals. He said it would be great to get them all in the studio together. I agree. That's all. Nothing to do with Brooklyn. I should have posted a "quote."

I cannot wait until next Friday :yay: This is awesome!!!!

2013 Portland Waterfront Blues Fest (Robert Plant - Sugar Mama)

2013 Portland Waterfront Blues Fest (Robert Plant - The Enchanter)

2013 Portland Waterfront Blues Fest (Robert Plant - In The Mood)

^^thanks to scarletblaze for the videos

I know, I think he sounds amazing! I love how he still talks to the crowd. A couple of more good ones and there are several from scarletblaze on you tube...

2013 Portland Waterfront Blues Fest (Robert Plant - Spoonful)

If I was still living in The Big Easy we would be going together :peace:

Hi Geezer. I was referring to Strider's post of the heavenly combo of Plant and Krauss and Patty's vocals. He said it would be great to get them all in the studio together. I agree. That's all. Nothing to do with Brooklyn. I should have posted a "quote."

Hi pottedplant.

Well, I was also referring to Strider's post. I forgot to insert the quote.

"Not that Patty Griffin is chopped liver...hell, get all three of them together in a studio!!!"

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/355018528090374146

"Robert Plant's new album with Buddy Miller is nearly complete, they have 20 songs finished"

Sounds like an interesting project. Do we have any details about the material? Blues covers or original songs?

I'm guessing it's blues covers, that's the most recent indication we have about Robert's musical direction other than his current tour.

I know, I think he sounds amazing! I love how he still talks to the crowd. A couple of more good ones and there are several from scarletblaze on you tube...

2013 Portland Waterfront Blues Fest (Robert Plant - Spoonful)

If I was still living in The Big Easy we would be going together :peace:

Yes we would Debs. We will get to one eventually. :hurrah:

Archived