2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Griffin just doesn't look right so far, I don't know if he's scared or rusty or both, but I'm hoping he'll get it going...

I hope for him, he's okay. But really, local radio will be waaaay more entertaining if he's not...

^^ I have to ask, do the local radio jocks call them the "Taters"? :lol:

Actually, the only sports-type show I listen to with any regularity is hosted by Tony Kornheiser. This is where the term "Taters" started and now the little community of listeners I hang out with calls them The Taters. I honestly don't ever think about it anymore...it's their name! :D

I thought Reggie Bush would be a great pickup for Detroit and he definitely helped them Sunday. On a yards per touch basis, he played better than Adrian Peterson. Now to see how real Detroit is when they go on the road to Arizona.

Speaking of real vs. mirage...is Oakland really better than we thought or is Indianapolis not as good as advertised? Maybe a little of both. I had Oakland pegged at 4-12 this season and one of those four victories should come this week in the form of Jacksonville. After KC rolled the Jaguars, if the Raiders don't do the same at home, all the optimism from last Sunday's performance will dissipate and it'll be 'Same old Raiders' again.

I didn't watch any of the MNF games, so I've no idea about the Iggles, Taters, Texans yet. I know I'm not the only one who expected the Texans to whoop the Chargers, and was mildly disappointed with the score.

I didn't watch much of the game but I expected the Texans to roll the Chargers. Wonder if this will be another year of a good regular season then a quick exit from the playoffs for Houston. But if anyone is going to get rolled, you would think it will be Thursday night when the Jets go to the Patriots.

The Jets are feeling pretty good after that gift Tampa gave them. Can't wait to see all that good feeling go straight down the drain after the Pats whoop 'em.