2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Never heard of him until now. This could be trouble for the Bills, unless of course Cincinnati plays like the "Bungles."

He played for Cleveland. In one start was 22 for 32 with a TD and an interception. Had over 200 yds. So he has some experience. Better than that tool

So, is there any chance the Jets pull off a shocker tonight? After what the Raiders did I say nothing is impossible...

I say no chance., But the point spread is another story. I like Atlanta even minus the 10 though if I had to chose. I do not think Atlanta loses this game at home. Too desperate. No line out yet on Cincy at Buffalo. Remember, the Bills have owned the Bengals. Killed them. Its most likely to be a defensive game. If we have one of our safety's back we can make a game of it by stopping them. The problem is I have no idea what kind of an arm Lewis has? Spiller and Jackson will likely draw lots of attention and if this kid can throw, he could catch them off guard. If Cincy is laying big points, take the Bills and the points. To me so far the best bets are Pittsburgh and New Orleans

Rick, the 'RIGHT' team is the one that wins. There's no excuses in football. We deal with our losses and move on. Anybody with an eye could see that Denver win coming. Sure, Dallas was going to play better than they did in San Diego and put up 30-40 points at home. The issue was their defense...would they be able to put any pressure on Manning and slow Denver's offensive Juggernaut? Most people thought not and, true to form, Denver won a point-a-minute score-a-thon.

Now, the spread everyone has been anticipating: Denver vs. Jax! 28 POINTS!

Yes, it is the highest spread I have ever seen too, Rick. It's like an NCAA spread. It's definitely the highest spread since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. But according to the stats, it only TIES for the highest all-time.

In 1966 the Baltimore Colts were also favoured by 28 points over the then expansion team Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons covered.

Edited by Strider

Rick, the 'RIGHT' team is the one that wins. There's no excuses in football. We deal with our losses and move on. Anybody with an eye could see that Denver win coming. Sure, Dallas was going to play better than they did in San Diego and put up 30-40 points at home. The issue was their defense...would they be able to put any pressure on Manning and slow Denver's offensive Juggernaut? Most people thought not and, true to form, Denver won a point-a-minute score-a-thon.

Now, the spread everyone has been anticipating: Denver vs. Jax! 28 POINTS!

Yes, it is the highest spread I have ever seen too, Rick. It's like an NCAA spread. It's definitely the highest spread since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. But according to the stats, it only TIES for the highest all-time.

In 1966 the Baltimore Colts were also favoured by 28 points over the then expansion team Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons covered.

I took your Raiders last night. The AFC West theory worked again

^^^

Your AFC West theory worked. I wonder if the late start also helped? I took San Diego because coming into the game, the Chargers were 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games at Oakland.

Pryor played pretty well, it seems. Raiders still too up and down...a work in progress.

It's Denver and New Orleans right now.

Rob Ryan's success is the product of an offense that has taken the lead early in games and has controlled the clock and not turned the ball over. He has never had a defense that has finished the season in the top 10. I still believe it was good to let him go. But, you are correct Paul - the Saints defense is MUCH improved over last year's mess.

For the first time in awhile, I'm going with baseball over football tonight. Nothing really intriguing about the Bears smashing the stumbling, bumbling G-Men.

Now you have put the jinx on them. Football is the most unpredictable sport there is. Did the Jets game on Monday not remind you of that? If Jacksonville beats Denver maybe you will believe?

I have to look at the Giants schedule, it's unthinkable to me that they could join the Jags in going 0-16. There has to be some winnable games somewhere for the G-Men, provided Eli doesn't throw 40 picks this season...

You think Jacksonville is a cinch to go 0-16? Its hard to go 0-16. I do not see it

After seeing the schedule I now agree it may happen

Edited by LedZeppfan77