2013 NFL Thread

Strider

Just look at the Jags schedule & tell me who you think they can beat...

I just edited my post. NOBODY. I just cant see them winning a game on that schedule except maybe Cleveland or Tennessee? Those are the two best chances. Cleveland is no lock to beat anyone. Not with that backup QB.

What an absolutely horrific story. Thoughts and prayer go out to Adrian Peterson and his son.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is back with the team after traveling to South Dakota to deal with the alleged assault of his 2-year-old son, who is reportedly in critical care.

Peterson will speak to the media after practice, according to a report from USA Today's Tom Pelissero

John Hult and Josh Verges of the Argus Leader reported Joseph Patterson, who has been allegedly dating the child's mother, was charged after harming a 2-year-old boy that was in his care on Wednesday.

Blaine Larsen of the Sioux Falls Police told the Argus Leader that the 27-year-old Patterson was the only person home at the point of the alleged assault and passed along more information.

The child was alone in Pattersons home at Platinum Valley Apartments, where hed recently moved with his mother. Patterson called 911 to report a choking on Wednesday evening, but Lt. Blaine Larsen of the Sioux Falls Police Department said it became clear at the hospital that the boys injuries were not accidental.

Larsen said the relationship between the mother and Patterson was "fairly new."

He also said the injuries were "consistent with abuse."

Patterson called police at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday, reporting the child had choking injuries. The child was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, where he remained in critical condition Thursday night, Larsen said. An examination led doctors to suspect that the boys injuries were "consistent with abuse" and not accidental, Larsen said.

Law enforcement officials reportedly told TMZ Patterson was arrested after a situation where a child suffered "severe head injuries."

Until Adrian Peterson speaks, there is much we don't know about this alleged incident. Our thoughts go out to him and his family at this time.

Edited by Walter

^^^

That is terrible, Walter. Poor kid. I'd be surprised if Adrien Peterson plays Sunday. I would think he'd want to be with his boy.

By the way, you posted the story twice and there is some weird Twitter thing loading in the middle...any way you could eliminate that and tidy the post a little?

I tried to tidy it up, Strider, on my phone right now so not the easiest of tasks.

Yeah, the poor little guy passed away. He hadn't had any brain activity since the beating.

There has to be a special place in Hell for a person like that. Where was the mother in all this? Obviously not protecting her son. God bless his soul.

^^ You know, I could see your Raiders pulling off an upset today provided they can get Alex Smith to do something he rarely does, which is turn the ball over. I'm still in a bit of shock the way Oakland hammered the Chargers last Sunday.

Thanks Paul. I hope you're right.

Actually, I was kind of shocked to find out how well Oakland has done recently at Kansas City. I have alwys considered Arrowhead the Raiders personal chamber of horrors but they're something like 8-1 ATS at Arrowhead lately.

If the spread had remained at 10, 10.5 points I would have bet Oakland, but it's down to 7 now...which means a ton of money came in on Oakland.