2013 NFL Thread

Strider

A safety at the very beginning.....Bad omen!

An 87 yard runback at the beginning of the 2nd half....A stake in Denver's heart!

I still feel the real Super Bowl was 2 weeks prior between SF and Seattle.

A safety at the very beginning.....Bad omen!

An 87 yard runback at the beginning of the 2nd half....A stake in Denver's heart!

I still feel the real Super Bowl was 2 weeks prior between SF and Seattle.

Yes I agree with you. That kickoff return was the deal sealer. Any hope there was at half time was killed on that run back. And they have taken that out of the game pretty much with the stupid rule change. They need to go back to kicking off from the 30. I loved the flea flicker call in the game by Seattle. Even though it did nor work it was a great call. Remember Earl Morril and Tom Matte of the old Baltimore Colts of 1968? They ran that play to perfection. They could have had a tea party in the backfield. Morrill would lateral the ball to Matte, and then back to Morrill and then down the field to Willie Richardson or Jimmy Orr.

Yes I agree with you. That kickoff return was the deal sealer. Any hope there was at half time was killed on that run back. And they have taken that out of the game pretty much with the stupid rule change. They need to go back to kicking off from the 30. I loved the flea flicker call in the game by Seattle. Even though it did nor work it was a great call. Remember Earl Morril and Tom Matte of the old Baltimore Colts of 1968? They ran that play to perfection. They could have had a tea party in the backfield. Morrill would lateral the ball to Matte, and then back to Morrill and then down the field to Willie Richardson or Jimmy Orr.

I don't remember that but I'm sure it's on You Tube. :)

You think this would fly today?

^ Yeah to a 15-yarder and probably $25,000 league fine.

I already knew that Denver took the mantle of most Super Bowl losses last night with 5, but Peyton Manning is also leading all quarterbacks with 12 playoff loses....that's why he'll be remembered as the greatest regular-season qb in history. In my mind Dan Marino is the GOAT in that category.

^ Yeah to a 15-yarder and probably $25,000 league fine.

I already knew that Denver took the mantle of most Super Bowl losses last night with 5, but Peyton Manning is also leading all quarterbacks with 12 playoff loses....that's why he'll be remembered as the greatest regular-season qb in history. In my mind Dan Marino is the GOAT in that category.

You mention Marino. Kelly beat him in every big game they ever played. More likely because Buffalo was the better team. I think Kelly was just as good as Marino and Elway. It just depends on luck of the draw and what kind of a team you wind up on. Manning is a Johnny Unitas type of QB. A pocket guy all the way. The new trend is the QB that can run with the ball. Notice how Wilson would run to the opposite side of the field, agaisnt the grain when he was pressured? And then throw to the sidelines. Its hard to guage who is the best and all of that. Montana , Namath, slingin Sammy Baugh all deserve to be mentioned. And of course Unitas to me set the scale. Bart Starr and Greise and Bradshaw are never mentioned but were great field generals that did not make mistakes. And then there is Doug Williams. Remember that guy? The one game wonder. Was Doug Williams as good as Dan Marino? Hell NO.

• 3 months later...

He shouldn't at least, that's for sure. Your optimism for the Bills never changes at the beginning of the season, does it? Total respect for that, I'm the same way. I still remember you having that video clip of TO after he signed with Buffalo and you thought he would be that player to put you over the top. Time flies.... Good luck to your Bills, Rick. They were my dad's favorite team also.

Yes I know. But something is very very different this year. One local sports radio talk show host that I have had many a clash with, is saying Watkins will put them in the playoffs!!!!1 This is a guy that is always negative and always picks the Bills to crash and burn. Not this time. And I feel very strong they have everything in place. The only question, and I mean the only one, is Manuel

Didn't they pick up a qb from Fresno St.? How do you feel about Stevie Wonder being traded? Better hope Watkins comes through - no 2015 1st rounder for the Bills.

I actually told a friend Stevie would be traded before the draft if we take Watkins. I was right. I am very happy. I know Woods is better. I say Watkins and Woods and Chandler will be the starting unit with Graham and Goodwin as dangerous guys coming in. Also we have two other guys from FA and one is from Tampa. Shocker picking up Bryce Brown from the Eagles at running back. We are loaded at the skill positions on offense. I think the Bills are very talented. But we get snubbed again on monday night? Houston and Wash on twice. Chicago 4 times? What is up with that?

Archived