2013 NFL Thread

Strider

I think I'm going to pick Buffalo next week for the "upset" over the Chiefs.

I am going to lay the hammer down. KC is 8-0 but I do not think they are the best team in football by any stretch. To me Indy and Seattle are the two toughest teams to beat right now. Buffalo can play with anyone at home. They had a shot today but got burned on that one play and the refs took back a TD, even though we scored on the drive. It was a bullshit holding call that happens on so many plays they never call. That is what is wrong with this sport. Too much power by officials on very questionable calls. Holding calls are in a very GRAY AREA. I will say this right now. We will give KC HELL. It would really help if Spiller can go next week. I believe they did the right thing holding him out today. New Orleans did not beat the best the Bills have to offer. No EJ and no Spiller. And a banged up Stevie Johnson.

EBK: Are you happy with your team? I think most of us picked Philly and they lost. Otherwise, we all did pretty well, so far.

Hi pottedplant! If I had to pick a team, I'd go with the Ravens (who are on a bye this week). For a multitude of reasons, I can't root for the Taters. But since I live here, and the area is obsessed with the team, that's all the sports stations talk about. It makes for very amusing Monday morning radio :)

Oh, as to your question, the Ravens aren't very good this season, so I'm not terribly happy with them. But since baseball is my game, I don't get too upset about it.

Hi pottedplant! If I had to pick a team, I'd go with the Ravens (who are on a bye this week). For a multitude of reasons, I can't root for the Taters. But since I live here, and the area is obsessed with the team, that's all the sports stations talk about. It makes for very amusing Monday morning radio :)

Oh, as to your question, the Ravens aren't very good this season, so I'm not terribly happy with them. But since baseball is my game, I don't get too upset about it.

Ok. Glad you are good. I don't want Paul to be in the dumpster. If Seattle doesn't win, we all lose that one. I'm hoping Greenbay wins. I need those two so I won't be in the hole.

Ok. Glad you are good. I don't want Paul to be in the dumpster. If Seattle doesn't win, we all lose that one. I'm hoping Greenbay wins. I need those two so I won't be in the hole.

I think Paul is fairly resilient :)

I'd play the predictions game, but I'm really really really terrible at it. I know my strengths and that ain't one of them. I'll stick to food and wine :D

I think Paul is fairly resilient :)

I'd play the predictions game, but I'm really really really terrible at it. I know my strengths and that ain't one of them. I'll stick to food and wine :D

Don't forget the crunchy PB!!! I am going to keep picking because it is so much fun!! Green Bay won; good for them and us!!

Johnson has what 1,000 yards receiving today!

I believe it was 329 total. What's amazing about that is the two bums playing with him. We had Durham, who attended Georgia with Stafford and shouldn't even be in the league, and some other guy we picked up a couple weeks ago. He was the only target we had, and the Cowboys were stupid enough to leave him with single coverage on many plays. He'll beat you by himself when he's treated that way. A great day for the best receiver of his era.

I believe it was 329 total. What's amazing about that is the two bums playing with him. We had Durham, who attended Georgia with Stafford and shouldn't even be in the league, and some other guy we picked up a couple weeks ago. He was the only target we had, and the Cowboys were stupid enough to leave him with single coverage on many plays. He'll beat you by himself when he's treated that way. A great day for the best receiver of his era.

Your boys came through for me!!! Love it. I really hope they get in. Now my boys played pretty well except for a couple blown coverage's against a dirty team. I say we are going to beat KC this week. Especially if Spiller is a go

As Bill Parcells would say, you are what your record says you are & the Chiefs must be pretty damn good, lousy schedule or not. But I have a feeling Buffalo might be that "trap" game for them, especially coming before their first showdown with the Broncos.

And I'm wondering if this will be another year where a possible 7-9 division winner crawls into the playoffs (I'm looking at you, Cowboys)...

As Bill Parcells would say, you are what your record says you are & the Chiefs must be pretty damn good, lousy schedule or not. But I have a feeling Buffalo might be that "trap" game for them, especially coming before their first showdown with the Broncos.

And I'm wondering if this will be another year where a possible 7-9 division winner crawls into the playoffs (I'm looking at you, Cowboys)...

I do not accept all of Parcell's sayings as factual. I have more respect for Lombardi. But that aside, my Bills have been in pretty much all of their games and have beaten some good teams. I know they are moving up. As for tonights game, I can pick up some nice coin if Seattle wins by more than 12. i have them to finish off a three teamer with the Red Sox and Green Bay.

The Rams may shake up the world tonight, they already shook up Rick's point spread....

Yes they fucked me. And they are no longer my Super Bowl pick. They do not have enough offense to win it. Maybe enough defense to get there. Right now I say Indy will play Denver for the AFC title and the winner of that game will win it alll

^^ Don't give up on Seattle just yet, if they get home field in the playoffs, nobody is beating them. Of course, I could say the same thing about the Saints.

And hopefully, your Bills won't let me down Sunday.

The Bills have always been Kansas City's worst nightmare. They have to come into Buffalo against a Bills team that like the Raiders is on the up. Both will make it next year IMO. The Bills do not have EJ back but Lewis has solidified his role as backup. He has been darn good. We are always tough at home, why do you think the line is only 3. I like the Bills to win it but I would feel far better if Spiller is a go