2013 NFL Thread

Strider

It keeps getting worse for the Baltimore Ravens...they're having a Super Bowl hangover of epic proportions. Latest setback is Ravens cornerback Asa Hackson suspended for the first eight games...performance-enhancing drugs.

"...Kansas City the best QB in the league..."

Did I read you right, Paul? Has all that Mountain Dew has softened your brain? :P Even if you have a high opinion of Alex Smith, by what rationale can you rank him above every other QB in the NFL? Above Rogers, Manning, Brady?

When I said best QB in the league, I was merely quoting what the Chiefs O-coordinator said, I don't personally believe it myself, sorry if I didn't make that clear. :P

^^^

Ok. Understood now.

This could be a down year for the AFC. The Super Bowl champs are unraveling. The Patriots, Broncos, Texans and Steelers are the presumed powers and probably rightly so(especially in Denver's case, where they will feast on a weak division), but they all have issues to address including the question of whether their QB can make it thru the season intact. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger are living on borrowed time at this stage in their careers.

I don't see any iron-clad power team in the AFC...all the contenders have clay feet, IMO.

^ NFC East??? :blink:

AFC is hurting for sure right now. Don't count out Cincinnati just yet. They have some up and coming talent. I think the Rams in the NFC might surprise some also. I'm soooo ready for this to begin! Dallas v. Miami tomorrow night at Canton, a game for the hard-core fan. Starters won't play long, or at all.

^ NFC East??? :blink:

AFC is hurting for sure right now. Don't count out Cincinnati just yet. They have some up and coming talent. I think the Rams in the NFC might surprise some also. I'm soooo ready for this to begin! Dallas v. Miami tomorrow night at Canton, a game for the hard-core fan. Starters won't play long, or at all.

Fixed,the damn internet spelling po-lice!

This Miami passing offense not looking too hot, oi vey...

My youngest daughter and her boyfriend, a die hard Miami fan, were here for ribs yesterday. I am tempted to break his balls. He is coming over when they play Buffalo. They dont come here until 3 days before Xmas. In the freeeeezing cold.

Another day, another injury.....Packers lost their starting LT for the season with a torn ACL. That's a tough position to lose your starter!

I see the Packers signed Vince Young as a possible back-up to Aaron Rodgers.

Kevin Kolb tweaked his knee on a wet rubber mat at training camp, Rick, he was day-to-day last I heard.

Another day, another injury.....Packers lost their starting LT for the season with a torn ACL. That's a tough position to lose your starter!

I see the Packers signed Vince Young as a possible back-up to Aaron Rodgers.

Kevin Kolb tweaked his knee on a wet rubber mat at training camp, Rick, he was day-to-day last I heard.

This is why Marv Levy hated pre season,. But Kolb is not a lead pipe cinch for the job. Even though I hear the kid did not have a great day the other day. I guess at least with Kolb it gives us a guy that has played and started. I look forward to hockey more than football these days anyway. I think the Sabres will surprise. They have a good linup. The Bills have talent but no proven QB>

Paul, I'm sorry, Mr. Carruthers, in the off season meetings did the league endorse you to be the tabulation maestro for the LZ forum NFL picks this season?

Paul, I'm sorry, Mr. Carruthers, in the off season meetings did the league endorse you to be the tabulation maestro for the LZ forum NFL picks this season?

Heh, I figure DAS will handle the NFL picks, unless something happens. We should find out before the month is out, I presume...

Heh, I figure DAS will handle the NFL picks, unless something happens. We should find out before the month is out, I presume...

I also want to introduce before the first "offcial" game, another NFL thread using the line as the barometer.

Rick will contribute to those of us interested a one time $1000.00 stipend. (Rick is unaware of this) Our mission is to see how we fare in the increase/decrease of Rick's initial generosity.

I'll provide details before the season begins and will welcome ideas if tweaking needs to take place.

Will be a simple template. More to come...

I also want to introduce before the first "offcial" game, another NFL thread using the line as the barometer.

Rick will contribute to those of us interested a one time $1000.00 stipend. (Rick is unaware of this) Our mission is to see how we fare in the increase/decrease of Rick's initial generosity.

I'll provide details before the season begins and will welcome ideas if tweaking needs to take place.

Will be a simple template. More to come...

Well my off shore account went up last night. Lets see how my O's do tonight. I am a bit confused by your plan but if it involves picking against the spread I like that far better than simply picking the games outright.

Archived