2013 NFL Thread

Strider

^^ Frank Gore is what happened to Seattle. Are you at the Superdome?

I was at a bar across the street waiting for my friends. Great game for the Who Dats. We had a great time and I cannot talk today from screaming so much. The Nation was

pretty manic and many drunk Dats leaving the Dome.

I was at a bar across the street waiting for my friends. Great game for the Who Dats. We had a great time and I cannot talk today from screaming so much. The Nation was

pretty manic and many drunk Dats leaving the Dome.

I am surprised they beat Carolina by that score. Carolina has played well.

I still think football was better back when they had the kickoff return as part of the game. They took a big part of the game away. And the officiating has gone to hell. The zebra's have too much control. Holding calls are an easy way to manipulate a game and you cannot dispute them. Every single flag they throw should be open to debate. And the force out rule is dumb also. How can you allow a defensive back to just hammer a guy out off bounds when he has the ball and is going to come down in bounds? It stood up for decades without a problem. They went and screwed with that too.

You're right, Paul. The city and its team are as one. Just tremendous love between the team and the Nation. I thought it was also the QBs. Newton is good, but not as good as Brees and Brees showed that this week. Watching Brees live is really something.

:whistling: I see someone's in a good mood today. *cough cough potted..hak.cough* I might be on speaking terms later in the week, as long as you don't appear too happy. :yesnod:

Looks like the Saints will win the NFC South. That Brees to Colston combo was without flaw and impressive. I think congratulations is in order for Drew Brees - who broke 50,000 for career passing yards! Hats off to the Saints, who have just about clinched the NFC South. :elvis2:

Also, hats off to Matt Prater in the Denver game, breaking the record by kicking a 64 yard field goal!

:whistling: I see someone's in a good mood today. *cough cough potted..hak.cough* I might be on speaking terms later in the week, as long as you don't appear too happy. :yesnod:

Looks like the Saints will win the NFC South. That Brees to Colston combo was without flaw and impressive. I think congratulations is in order for Drew Brees - who broke 50,000 for career passing yards! Hats off to the Saints, who have just about clinched the NFC South. :elvis2:

Also, hats off to Matt Prater in the Denver game, breaking the record by kicking a 64 yard field goal!

:nuke:

Being a rookie, the question I have is: Why don't the Pats play consistently throughout the whole game? Why do they wait until the last 5 or 10 minutes to pull out a win? It seems they do this all the time.

Sis,I don't think they game plan it that way. :whistling: Stuff happens,ball overthrown,dropped,missed assignments,etc,....

Hell,girl,go to nfl.com and watch all that wacky action from Sunday!

Being a rookie, the question I have is: Why don't the Pats play consistently throughout the whole game? Why do they wait until the last 5 or 10 minutes to pull out a win? It seems they do this all the time.

As Anjin-san said above, definitely not planned. If memory serves, it's a new, albeit disturbing, trend.

My guess would be that it is a combination of things, mental and physical...obviously some of the defense's key players are out for the season, but also, one must question the offensive coordinator's role.

Brady is getting older, perhaps he needs a few quarters to warm up ;-)

As Anjin-san said above, definitely not planned. If memory serves, it's a new, albeit disturbing, trend.

My guess would be that it is a combination of things, mental and physical...obviously some of the defense's key players are out for the season, but also, one must question the offensive coordinator's role.

I like your reasoning jb. Brady is/was one of the best QBs for a long time. It does seem as though the offensive coordinator's role is rather weak, and as you say, Brady is getting older and those muscles need to warm up a bit. :veryhot: It just brings such a nail biting situation that really doesn't need to be.

^^ I think Anjin or the chase may be more qualified to answer your question. All I can say is when their backs are to the wall, that's when the Pats seem to be most dangerous...

Sis,I don't think they game plan it that way. :whistling: Stuff happens,ball overthrown,dropped,missed assignments,etc,....

Hell,girl,go to nfl.com and watch all that wacky action from Sunday!

Bill Belichick is constantly taking notes and making adjustments.. He watches everything...

They come out the 2nd half like a different team..

They are extremely short handed. I don't know how they do it... Early in the season, the defense was very strong and the offense were learning the plays.. Now the offense is getting there but the defense is racked with injuries.

Tom Brady does seem to be making more mistakes than before... He's thrown 9 interceptions this year ... not a huge number, but they always seem to be in the 1st half... There are plays where he shows he's still one of the best in the game too,,

The amazing thing about New England this year is they could easily be 12-1 right now.. They were only really out of one game this year .... or they could also be 8-5..

The thing is Chase, is that they are not playing consistently well as they should be...but their defense is in bad injury mode as you said. Maybe next year if their defense is healthy...

Cowboys really got slammed tonight. I could be wrong, but I think it's their worse game of the season, scoring wise. Chicago just tore them up. Really kind of sad.

I'm glad I picked Chicago to win!!!

The thing is Chase, is that they are not playing consistently well as they should be...but their defense is in bad injury mode as you said. Maybe next year if their defense is healthy...

Cowboys really got slammed tonight. I could be wrong, but I think it's their worse game of the season, scoring wise. Chicago just tore them up. Really kind of sad.

I'm glad I picked Chicago to win!!! I stopped tracking at the 3:00 minute point in the 4th quarter and Chicago had just scored a field goal ... no way the Boys could pull it out.

Archived