2013 NFL Thread

Strider

^^ Heh, hope you enjoy it.

And something football related, so as not to get carried away with food talk; I wonder if I'm at the point where I'm starting to believe in Nick Foles. Still think (or hope) the NFC Least will come down to the last game of the season between the Eagles and Cowboys.

I wonder how much chirping their will be in the media if it is a snow game or something close to snow & freezing temperatures in the Super Bowl. Every time there is a Super Bowl played in a cold weather city somebody is grousing about it.

I wish they had done it in 1990. Norwood never would have been needed. To me one of the more interesting matchups this week is Philly at Minnesota? Vikings have been competitive lately. And I finally saw that Pittsburgh replay vs Miami. Yikes. I think the Dolphins win today. What a circus in Washington. The fans are most likely wanting to hang Shanahan. He has always been an arrogant prick IMO.

Vikings will be without Adrian Peterson today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Philly romps in that game. What happens in Tater-land if Kirk Cousins comes out smoking against the Falcons? Or what will happen if he stinks out the joint? Do you go back to RGIII? I think Shanahan is on his way out either way.

Vikings will be without Adrian Peterson today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Philly romps in that game. What happens in Tater-land if Kirk Cousins comes out smoking against the Falcons? Or what will happen if he stinks out the joint? Do you go back to RGIII? I think Shanahan is on his way out either way.

I agree, without Peterson, toast. What is this statement you made about Shanahan? It makes no sense. You think Shanahan is on the way out either? Yes or NO? He is toast fella

I really don't understand what the hell they are doing in Washington. What a mess. RGIII is a joke.

Here's the deal. If you are a football franchise, you are prepared to allocate a significant amount of salary for your quarterback in return for you being set at the QB position for a decade or more. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, even Tony Romo...if you're a GM you don't mind signing these guys to long-term max conracts because you know you'll have peace of mind that your team is set at quarterback and you can go about fixing other areas of the team.

But to think RGIII and guys of his ilk (Vick, Vince Young) are worthy of being called a 'franchise quarterback' and more importantly, being paid like a 'franchise quarterback' is insane. These running quarterbacks who don't throw accurately take hits like a running back. A running back's career averages around three-four years. Which means, while Brady and Manning play for a decade or more for their teams, running quarterbacks wash out of the league after only a few years.

Where's Vince Young these days? Did you see how awful Vick looked before Foles replaced him? Washington is in the same boat with RGIII. They are expending loads of money on a player whose effectiveness will last a few seasons at best. They'll have to look for another quarterback thru either the draft or free agency very shortly...which means more drain on the payroll.

All these running quarterbacks do well in college where they're playing against high schoolers and team speed is lacking. It's a different story in the NFL. If they cannot throw accurately and develop into a pocket passer, they are doomed, and any team relying on one to be their franchise quarterback is doomed as well.

Rick, I think Shanahan is going to get fired, I was just saying what happens if Kirk Cousins does not play that well, will Shanahan go back to Grifffin? His pink slip is going to waiting for him at the end of the season no matter what happens. Everything clear now?

Yes and I agree. What a circus

^^ Yeah, I see you've jumped out to a 10 point lead. To say I'm surprised would be an understatement....

Look at that Eagles score. My late father once told me all you need is a Twenty dollar bill and a cigar box and you can be a millionaire. And a few parlay slips

Archived