2013 NFL Thread

Strider

I'm rooting for your 'niners too, redrum!

Kapernick sure has not lived up to expectations. They have been a strange team. Look at the Indy game. To me the strangest outcome of the season. Who saw that coming? I think they are more balanced than Green Bay, but they must win in a nasty place. The weather Gods have to be on their side.

I disagree. Kaepernick led them to a 12-4 record with arguably the toughest schedule in football and not having his #1 receiver (Crabtree) for most of the season. It has been a popular statement that he has underachieved, but I don't buy it. He was in what his 2nd season and it was his first full season as a starter.

I see Lovie Smith is going to be the next Tampa Bay head coach - good choice on their part, IMO. I hope Washington gets the Baylor coach, they deserve him along side RG(3-13)!

You just know that Jerrah was frothing at the mouth watching Manzel lead A&M to victory new years eve. With Romo having 2 back-surgeries over the past 8 months, they are gonna have to start considering the qb position moving forward...

So what? They threw for 20 yards less than last year, missing their #'s 1 and 3 wide receiver. Their offense doesn't rely on passing, it is ball control and they day they have to throw 250+ yards per game is the day they are an average team and not 12-4 against a first place schedule and the toughest division in football. Let's see Seattle 26th in passing - what a disappointment Russell Wilson was, the Carolina Panthers 29th in passing - what a disappointment Cam Newton was....:rolleyes:

I disagree. Kaepernick led them to a 12-4 record with arguably the toughest schedule in football and not having his #1 receiver (Crabtree) for most of the season. It has been a popular statement that he has underachieved, but I don't buy it. He was in what his 2nd season and it was his first full season as a starter.

I see Lovie Smith is going to be the next Tampa Bay head coach - good choice on their part, IMO. I hope Washington gets the Baylor coach, they deserve him along side RG(3-13)!

You just know that Jerrah was frothing at the mouth watching Manzel lead A&M to victory new years eve. With Romo having 2 back-surgeries over the past 8 months, they are gonna have to start considering the qb position moving forward...

Maybe part of it was Seattle doing so well they sort of over shadowed him. But he did not have the glitter type season and the offense was not like it was last year. Maybe they snuck up on a few people?

So what to do with RG III and Eli Manning. The fall from grace can come swiftly in the NFL. Eli is likely going to be out of NY? Do you disagree? After this nightmare of a season. I do not think I would want him in a Bills uniform now. Not for what he would want.

So how many coach's have been fired? Tell me if I am wrong about the cities? I have 4 NFC and 1 AFC? Detroit, Washington, Tampa, Minnesota, Cleveland.

Maybe part of it was Seattle doing so well they sort of over shadowed him. But he did not have the glitter type season and the offense was not like it was last year. Maybe they snuck up on a few people?

So what to do with RG III and Eli Manning. The fall from grace can come swiftly in the NFL. Eli is likely going to be out of NY? Do you disagree? After this nightmare of a season. I do not think I would want him in a Bills uniform now. Not for what he would want.

So how many coach's have been fired? Tell me if I am wrong about the cities? I have 4 NFC and 1 AFC? Detroit, Washington, Tampa, Minnesota, Cleveland.

I think Kaepernick could wind up either being a bust, or being huge, but no middle ground. Running dazzling QBs like him and RG3 and Vick are always just a play away from being devastated.

RG3 is probably OK in Washington, he needs another year or two to settle down.

Eli has never been *that* great (I hate him for beating the Patriots in the two SBs, lol) His regular season record isn't that great (unlike Peyton who's regular season record is unbelievably good). If I were NYG, I would be shopping Eli around....

Full disclosure: I've never played football, even in HS, lol! So these are just my wild guesses and opinions.

I'm rooting for your 'niners too, redrum!

Thanks Walter. I think the Niners are peaking at the right moment. If they end up back in Seattle...............Who knows? At least the '12th Man' didn't rattle the Cards that one game.

Maybe they figured something out?? :)

I'm like Deion Sanders, I believe in Eli Manning so far as I think he can bounce back from this bad season. I don't think anyone is going to be running away with the NFC East next year, so the Giants may well be back in the mix. The thing I wonder about is whether or not it's time for a new voice in New York as far as the head coaching position is concerned...

Every year the Cowboys aren't in the playoffs - so every year - I pick a team to ride through the playoffs. Last year it was Baltimore, this year it's gonna be San Fran. Even though that means they would have the most Super Bowl titles in the NFC.... I like their style of football. I like Seattle, but too many are jumping on their bandwagon already. I can't go with anyone in the AFC, maybe Kansas City.

As far as the compaison of Vick, RG3-13, and Kaepernick - Colin is much bigger than those guys and can take more punishment. He is not a top-5 qb, I'll admit, but he manages to get the job done pretty consistently. Another is Russell Wilson, he's not as tall as Kaepernick, but is much thicker than the other two. Wilson has been taking some hits lately, so watch out for that taking it's toll.

Btw, Eli Manning isn't going anywhere - too big of a contract. The Giants ended up what 7-9 after an 0-6 start? They aren't that far off....

They had one more win than my Bills and an easier schedule IMO. I think the Bills are better than the Giants going forward. I truly believe that. We have to sign Jarius Byrd. A worry. They biggest concern is EJ taking the next step. We could draft one of those 6 QB's projected to go in the first round but I think we are better served with a run stopping linebacker unless the guy from Louisville is still on the board. I think that is the school. I do not see Seattle losing at home. To me Cincy is the team that could knock out Denver. Denver will be tough with Peyton because you know they will ring up 35 plus a game. You must keep the ball away from them. I like the Chargers more than the Bengals but I am not going with my heart in this one. I say the Bengals take them apart. The other three games are all toss ups. Truly.

As far as the compaison of Vick, RG3-13, and Kaepernick - Colin is much bigger than those guys and can take more punishment. He is not a top-5 qb, I'll admit, but he manages to get the job done pretty consistently. Another is Russell Wilson, he's not as tall as Kaepernick, but is much thicker than the other two. Wilson has been taking some hits lately, so watch out for that taking it's toll.

I agree on Kaepernick. The Rams really laid it on Wilson in their first meeting. Not sure if they got any sacks in their second game.

Garrett isn't going anywhere, FYI. I'm not sick over last night - I expected it to happen. Miranelli will probably take over the defense, but that's about all the changes I foresee in Dallas.....

If that's true, then Dallas ain't going anywhere, either...particularly anywhere near the playoffs. I don't get JJ's love affair with Garrett, Walter. Garrett's hiring of Monte Kiffin, his mismanagement of the offense and the game clock in end-of-half and end-of-game situations shows he's out of his depth as head coach. I don't see in Garrett one iota of an ability to lead and instill confidence in players that a good head coach must possess.

It boggles the mind just like the waning days of Al Davis did for us Raider fans. Every year it was "What the fuck is Al thinking/doing?" I get the same vibe now from Jerry Jones.

As far as I'm concerned, every coach fired so far DESERVED to be fired, starting with those sad sacks in Detroit and Washington. I still cannot believe Detroit missed the playoffs.

But there's more dead wood to get rid of...starting with the idiot in Oakland. And Miami, too! The last two weeks of the Dolphins season was a disgrace. Seven measly points total against the Bills and Jets?!? Off with their heads, haha!

It will be extremely cold in Green Bay

Cold in Green Bay in January? What are the odds? STOP THE PRESSES! :P

Any DAS sightings? Man. Poor guy. KC does an imitation of the Houston Oilers. The whold staff was fired after my Buffalo Bills made the greatest comeback in NFL history. Yesterday is now the second best. Frank Reich was on the San Diego sidelines today as QB coach. Of course he led the biggest combacks in NFL and college history. Who could forget that day? Warren Moon will not. And DAS will not forget yesterday's meltdown

^^^ I remember watching the Bills comeback that Reich commanded....just unbelievable! I remember most of the stadium had emptied out because it looked so hopeless.

Good for Reich going into coaching, I'm sure he has some amazing stories to share with the younger players.

Bad news for New England: Patriot Brandon Spikes is out for the playoffs!

Meanwhile, the Colts just added ex-Patriot WR Deion Branch to their roster. http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10252482

Paul, looks like your Dolphins have made OC Mike Sherman the fall guy. http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10251607

Archived