2013 NFL Thread

Strider

So, who would be your top 5 all-time NFL players?

My #1 qb of all-time would have to be Joe Montana. He could lead a team to water in the desert.

I know there's tons of great players around the league past and present, but since I'm partial to the 49ers........

Defense:

Cedrick Hardman

Tommy Hart

Frank Nunley

Fred Dean

Eric Wright

Ronnie Lott

Offense:

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Jerry Rice

Dwight Clark

Freddie Solomon

Delvin Williams

And so many, many more. :)

As usual, you missed the fine print. I said I was only considering players I had seen play in my lifetime...Jim Brown retired before I started watching football in 1968. Obviously, he is one of the all-time greats and numbers-wise, probably the best running back ever.

OJ had some memorable seasons, including being the first to rush for 2,000 yards in 1973. I remember well the Juice and the Electric Company. But Marcus Allen was more durable, excelled at more tasks (he was a good blocker and receiver in addition to being a running back...and he could throw, too!), and scored more and fumbled less than OJ.

Marcus Allen scored a touchdown once every 25 times he touched the ball and fumbled once every 55 times. OJ scored once in 35 touches and fumbled once in 42. Marcus was a multiple threat coming out of the backfield...he was the precurser to Marshall Faulk...and he had deceptive speed. Just ask the Denver Broncos or Washington Redskins. He could go inside or outside and he was money at the goal line. Not even Sam "Bam" Cunningham went over the top at the goal line like Marcus Allen.

Incredibly, he racked up all these numbers while being in Al Davis' doghouse for SIX seasons. His numbers would be astronomical if the Raiders hadn't spent six years trying to break his spirit. He was still an effective RB in his last years with Kansas City, unlike OJ, who was used and spent after 1976.

And, Marcus Allen didn't kill anybody.

OJ played for a team with no defense. That made the playoffs one time. Jim Brown will win any argument in any polling of all time great running backs. If you are putting Marcus on the list you must put Eric Dickerson there too.

Linebackers to me, Butkis, LT and Nitchke. Too many offensive linemen that were great to list but Jerry Kramer must be mentioned. Defensive linemen, Deacon Jones, Alan Page, Mean Joe Greene, Bruce Smith. As for receiver's Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, Raymond Berry, Tight end, Kellen Winslow, Special teams, Steve Tasker. All around "player" George Blanda must be mentioned

Many positions are just too complicated to list a few.

OJ played for a team with no defense. That made the playoffs one time.

I remember when OJ joined the 49ers. We had a demolition job right next to their practice fiend in Santa Clara and OJ's fancy ass car was parked there with a nice stereo. One of our workers wanted to steal it but we talked him out of it. In hindsight, we should have let him. :)

I remember when OJ joined the 49ers. We had a demolition job right next to their practice fiend in Santa Clara and OJ's fancy ass car was parked there with a nice stereo. One of our workers wanted to steal it but we talked him out of it. In hindsight, we should have let him. :)

And put a bullet in him for good measure. He was once my favorite player. He is a sack of shit. Where he belongs. The Bills need to remove him from the wall of shame

Right,and more BS!

Da comrade!

:rolleyes:

So Rob Ryan may not get a head coaching job

because his hair is too long? Don't know what to say about that one.... smiley-confused002.gif

Good old Mr. Garlic would have a field day with this.

And put a bullet in him for good measure. He was once my favorite player. He is a sack of shit. Where he belongs. The Bills need to remove him from the wall of shame

I was thinking he could do a version of 'The Longest Yard.'

I had great respect for him back in the day because he came from an old SF neighborhood near me. But now I can't stand to even hear about him anymore.

'If I Did It' <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance the Rams could go back to LA? I hope so. They were always my second favorite team. The owner of the Rams just bought some land in LA and some suspect a stadium could be built there? I hope. I do not know if Georgia Frontiere is still alive? I know she had the team after her late husband Carrrol Rosenbloom passed away. I thought her son had the team but it must have been sold at some point. I think after the 99 Super Bowl title.

Is there a chance the Rams could go back to LA? I hope so. They were always my second favorite team. The owner of the Rams just bought some land in LA and some suspect a stadium could be built there? I hope. I do not know if Georgia Frontiere is still alive? I know she had the team after her late husband Carrrol Rosenbloom passed away. I thought her son had the team but it must have been sold at some point. I think after the 99 Super Bowl title.

They seem to have a pretty dedicated fan base in St. Louis. But these days who knows? Money talks.

Archived