Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Page&Harrison<3

how to improvise? ... in the guitar

hello! I can improvise (with the guitar) in the pentatonic scale, but I wonder if there are other scales... and how to do it on a chord sequence (which scale I need to use) ... I have a vague idea, but I would like to clarify that.
thanks!
Sorry for the english :D

hello! I can improvise (with the guitar) in the pentatonic scale, but I wonder if there are other scales... and how to do it on a chord sequence (which scale I need to use) ... I have a vague idea, but I would like to clarify that.

thanks!

P&H here is the Lydian Scale...there is all sorts of this kinda stuff on Youtube if you are wanting to learn...ciao Fishy

P&H here is the Lydian Scale...there is all sorts of this kinda stuff on Youtube if you are wanting to learn...ciao Fishy

thank you! ... the only problem is the language ..
but little by little, I can understand the video.

thanks!

Don't be sorry about your English. It's all good!

Maybe you can find some youtube clips where the person is speaking your language.

I found this site for you.....Hope it helps....ciao Fishy

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=C&scchnam=Dorian&get2=Get&t=0&choice=1

thank you! very good page!
There are videos in Spanish, but I have not found any that clarify my doubts ..
I think the link you sent me is very complete.
^_^

thank you! very good page!

There are videos in Spanish, but I have not found any that clarify my doubts ..

I think the link you sent me is very complete.

^_^

no problem P&H.....practice and enjoy playing the guitar! I've been doing that for almost 40 years myself.....all the best

ciao Fishy

You can do a lot of things improvisationally in the style of Zeppelin if you have a good understanding of 3 scales:

-The Minor Pentatonic

-The Major Pentatonic

-The Minor Scale

Once you have a good understanding of these 3 you can improv to the majority of their songs and then branch out from there. It helps to know when you can use what. Anything that is based more or less on a 12 bar blues chord progression (for example Rock n Roll or Bring it on Home) this is where you want to use both minor and major pentatonic (shades of dark and light), a lot of players stick too much to minor pentatonics and their playing starts to sound monotonous. When you are trying to improv to songs that are in a minor key like Since I've Been Loving You, you want to use minor pentatonics with the minor scale.