Page and Spreckley Gig At The Troubadour, London - Jimmy's Daughter

kenog

No, not Jimmy Page, but Jana Page his adopted daughter. I found the following exchange on Twitter where this guy is talking about meeting Jimmy at the Troubadour in West London where Jimmy's daughter was playing.

1. Nick Davies@NJ_Davies 22h

Just met Jimmy Page and shook his hand. I can die a happy man

1. Nick Davies@NJ_Davies @stop_hannahtime at my friend's gig at the Troubadour. His daughter was also playing. It's made my life!

On Facebook, Jana and a guy called Rollo Spreckley have their own promotion page called Page And Spreckley.

Here is the entry for their recent gig:-

Fri 26th Apr, 2013 TROUBADOUR FRIDAYS WITH MIDNIGHT SPECIALS ... ANDREW BALKWILL // THE FRISBYS // JANA PAGE & ROLLO SPRECKLEY £7.00

Botswana,

Were you at the gig, or was it through a connection to the Page family that you heard Jana singing? :)

Rollo plays keyboard, Jana sings. I would describe her "sound" as similar to ballad-style Stevie Nicks, in the song I heard.

Thanks for posting this. :) Rollo seems to be a very competent pianist, and he has a good voice.

The following notes are on the YouTube original:-

"Hi guys,

Rollo and I met a few years ago and have since loved making music together.
We thought we'd put a cover up first of a song that means a lot to both of us.
Really hope you like it. If you have any other cover suggestions please comment :)

PEACE

Filmed, Directed and Edited by Ashen"

Presumably, Ashen is Jana's half brother.

Here's a video from a while ago...

It's pretty slim pickings for JP news these days......but I'm sure he's multi tasking with laundry, meal planning and that big solo record due to be out any day now. Lol.

Yep. Great that he can make time to support his daughter's efforts. Not sure that I would be so keen on the Stevie Nicks stylings, but I'll have to admit to being curious about his family legacy, I would be tempted to "lurk" on the off chance of running into him at a gig, although I would rather be listening to him play somewhere on that off chance!

Thanks for posting the video eixip1977.

Off topic for this thread Knebby, but I remember looking at one of FrontRowDave's videos of the London premiere, and about five minutes in Scarlet, Tom Brown and their two kids turned up, and were turned away. I don't know if it was because of the film's certificate not being suitable for the two little ones, or if it was to do with the cinema's own regulations.

Ashen was with Jimmy at the premiere in London, he's a really lovely polite kid.

Off topic for this thread Knebby, but I remember looking at one of FrontRowDave's videos of the London premiere, and about five minutes in Scarlet, Tom Brown and their two kids turned up, and were turned away. I don't know if it was because of the film's certificate not being suitable for the two little ones, or if it was to do with the cinema's own regulations.

One would think she might have a little more "pull" with the venue. Hard to imagine her resigning to going home in that instance, kids or no kids, "regulations be damned!"

From memory of looking at the tape, Scarlet's husband can be heard saying "but she's a really famous rock photographer". Whatever the problem was, the guy at the door wasn't buying that line. She is then heard saying to her little boy to wave goodbye to everybody, which he duly did!! I can't understand it because they must have had tickets.

One would think she might have a little more "pull" with the venue. Hard to imagine her resigning to going home in that instance, kids or no kids, "regulations be damned!"

From memory of looking at the tape, Scarlet's husband can be heard saying "but she's a really famous rock photographer". Whatever the problem was, the guy at the door wasn't buying that line. She is then heard saying to her little boy to wave goodbye to everybody, which he duly did!! I can't understand it because they must have had tickets.

Unbelievable...not that I doubt you or the video. (I tried to look it up on the Dave sight, got mired in all of the other footage). I'd be on the cell phone to Dad or any other of my Led Zep speed dials, even Ross for that matter! Do we assume from that documented portrayal that it wasn't that big of a deal...all the while we Zepheads are drooling over the reunion footage? Hell, even I would have tried to slip through a back door somewhere. And wouldn't you think Dad would have arranged for seating in advance for his eldest and whoever she entouraged with? Maybe like the totality of the Zeppelins they don't communicate that well. That's about the best take away I can gleen without more information. (As you can see I lap up what little is out there!)

From the various bits of footage of the evening which I looked at, the family seemed to arrive in separate groups. Jimmy alone, then Jimena with her three kids and some of their friends. Then Scarlet, Tom and the two kids. After the initial complaints about the sound, the cinemas put the volume up considerably and I honestly don't think it was a suitable occasion for children of two and six years old.

Anyway, this is getting way, way off topic for the thread. :)

Unbelievable...not that I doubt you or the video. (I tried to look it up on the Dave sight, got mired in all of the other footage). I'd be on the cell phone to Dad or any other of my Led Zep speed dials, even Ross for that matter! Do we assume from that documented portrayal that it wasn't that big of a deal...all the while we Zepheads are drooling over the reunion footage? Hell, even I would have tried to slip through a back door somewhere. And wouldn't you think Dad would have arranged for seating in advance for his eldest and whoever she entouraged with? Maybe like the totality of the Zeppelins they don't communicate that well. That's about the best take away I can gleen without more information. (As you can see I lap up what little is out there!)

Archived