Robert jamming in a shopping center in '89...what's the story?

Hi all,

I've just watched this amazing clip on YouTube....Robert with a local Kidderminster band ( I presume!) covering Bryan Adams and The Police amongst others in what appears to be a shopping centre.

Curiosity has got the better of me.....does anybody know the story or circumstance behind this?

Here's the clip:

If I may make a pedantic correction: Kidderminster Shopping Centre

Interesting :o that is the first time I've ever seen a guitar player take a tissue out of his pocket on stage and proceed to blow his nose with it (12:00) and it looks like his Mum knitted him a jumper especially for the gig, ah well, that's rock 'n' roll for you....who needs Jimmy Page?

Curiosity has got the better of me.....does anybody know the story or circumstance behind this?

According to a YouTube comment on the video you posted:

Dave4mula 8 months ago

mrtangerineman man is misinformed on all counts. Simply not true in any way shape or form. It was a bit of fun and raised some £1300 for the childrens ward. Robert gave his time willingly and freely because that is the man.

Honestly though this clips is awesome where did Robert find this band? it's like Lionel Messi turning up to play centre forward for the local pub team.
This clip has some more footage (at the beginning)

wow he looks goooooodd!!

Hi all,

I've just watched this amazing clip on YouTube....Robert with a local Kidderminster band ( I presume!) covering Bryan Adams and The Police amongst others in what appears to be a shopping centre.

Here's the clip:

Archived