Win A Gibson 2013 Guitar - Three Up For Grabs

kenog

There is a competition to win a Gibson 2013 guitar. There Are Three Up For Grabs. Here are the details:-

There are three great reasons to relish the annual Silverstone Classic: an unrivalled line-up of classic car races, record breaking displays of classic road cars and live concerts from classic pop and rock bands – hence the three-day festival’s ‘Rocking and Racing’ motto.

Now an exciting new partnership with legendary guitar maker Gibson will not only put the spotlight on the performing bands – which have included the likes of Suzi Quattro, Santana and the Yardbirds in recent years – but also give fans a chance to win one of three amazing Gibson SGJ guitars.

The first of these fabulous prizes will be awarded to a lucky winner drawn from those voting in a special on-line poll to find the greatest rock guitarist ever hosted on the official Silverstone Classic website.

A shortlist of famous Gibson guitarists has been drawn up and web browsers can vote for their three favourites from a 12-man roster that includes BB King, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Slash (above). The results of the vote will be published at the end of June with the winner being presented with their Gibson SGJ guitar on the main stage at Silverstone on Saturday 27 July. He or she will also be able to enjoy music from Sixties chart-toppers The Hollies and top tribute bands The Guns N Roses Experience and The Ultimate Eagles performing live that evening.

“The roll call of past and present Gibson guitar greats reads like a Who’s Who of rock music and I’m really excited, and intrigued, to see which one of these legends comes top in our poll,” enthused Nick Wigley, Event Director. “We ran a similar on-line survey to determine what is the best British sportscar, and the E-type Jaguar was a clear winner. This vote is going to be much closer.”

The two additional Gibson SGJ guitars can be won by festival goers entering a special draw at the Gibson Guitar Experience in the Shopping Village. What’s more, visitors to the Silverstone Classic can also visit the Gibson Guitar Experience to learn guitar riffs, perform on a cyberstage and see guitar demonstrations throughout the day. The full range of Gibson Guitars, Onkyo, Cerwin Vega and Gibson Gear will be showcased.

Dr Brian May CBE, the legendary Queen guitarist (below right) commented on the Gibson SG: “ I have always loved the SG, ever since a friend of mine at school, Woolly Hammerton, traded in his Telecaster for one, looking for a ‘new sound’ (which I think he found), and which I coveted deeply!

"Having one of the new models is almost as exciting as getting my hands on Woolly’s! Somehow the SG still looks perfect, feels perfect and smells perfect. Oh, and it still sounds pretty damn good!

"I’m just getting used to the new Min-ETune function, which is a great tool in the studio for quick alternative tunings, and opens up a whole new world of opportunities. Enjoy it! Rock it!!”

All tickets to the 2013 Silverstone Classic – which must be purchased in advance – give access to the classic racing, classic car displays and classic concerts. Adult admittance is from just £35 (plus fees) and, following the event’s widely acclaimed ‘access all areas’ policy, all tickets include free entrance to racing paddocks, trackside grandstands and all live music concerts. Considerable savings are on offer for festival-goers spending the full action-packed weekend at Silverstone and there are also special packages for car clubs.

Full details are available on the official www.silverstoneclassic.com website.

Is this only for the UK? I tried to enter but it kept rejecting the entry due to "invalid postal code." I tried the main postal codes to several large cities (LA, Chicago, NY) after my local code was rejected and the same happened for the rest. It only accepted my entry after I entered a UK postal code. I adapted & overcame...I improvised :yesnod:

If it was good enough for Gunny Highway, it's good enough for me!

Nice try Sagittarius,

That is what I call using your initiative!!

Is this only for the UK? I tried to enter but it kept rejecting the entry due to "invalid postal code." I tried the main postal codes to several large cities (LA, Chicago, NY) after my local code was rejected and the same happened for the rest. It only accepted my entry after I entered a UK postal code. I adapted & overcame...I improvised :yesnod:

If it was good enough for Gunny Highway, it's good enough for me!

Archived