Bill Clinton tried to get Zeppelin to reunite for Sandy benefit concert

rayban123

Why didn't Harvey Weinstein, Saltzman, Clinton and the others just take their hands out of their pockets, and hand over a large chunk of their own money? It would have been easier all round. I'm not with this idea of always asking the hard pressed members of the public to cough up. And when members of the public do donate, the 'celebs' always end up covering themselves in glory for organising these events.

The three remaining LZ members did the right thing, and stayed out of it.

This whole thing is silly. Would you really change your mind about your career decisions because a rich and famous stranger asked you too?

Yes - SO many people would. It's how the world works - how that part of the world works: the flattery of the rich and socially/politically influential will buy a lot of favours.

THAT was my point about Sandy vs Sichuan province or anywhere else : Sandy was devastating - and those in charge of aid didn't get as much federal money as they wanted. But those afflicted live in a functioning country where the wheels of influence and money are very well oiled ( and also with a developed culture which has a huge tradition/expectation of charitable giving ). That just puts them in a better place than victims of other disasters ( or the many other Sandy victims who died in other countries ).

All credit to Springsteen, the Stones and others who helped to raise money ( though we won't see them playing for the Caribbean Sandy victims).

Even more credit to Led Zeppelin for rejecting all the flattery, for their own reasons ( and according to the reports online, Clinton only asked them at the Kennedy Awards - a week before the concert : as if they'd accept at that notice! )

im pretty sure this is all over blown and has nothing to do with politics or how much zeppelin cares about the sandy victims. Clinton asked, they declined. END OF STORY. Clinton didnt bring this up, and neither did Zeppelin. Just a tidbit of news that people are taking far out of proportion.

Why didn't Harvey Weinstein, Saltzman, Clinton and the others just take their hands out of their pockets, and hand over a large chunk of their own money? It would have been easier all round. I'm not with this idea of always asking the hard pressed members of the public to cough up. And when members of the public do donate, the 'celebs' always end up covering themselves in glory for organising these events.

Thank you!!!!!!

If these celebrities want to 'help', just open your checkbooks. But if they just open their checkbook, they don't get good press coverage from it.

I wonder if Clinton is a Zep fan? Also, I agree with Melcore. If Zep's surviving members turned down a former American president; then we can rule out any future reunions.

Let's let Monica Lewinsky give it a try .... Maybe her persuasive lips can do the trick B)

OT post Sorry Not trying to offend and yes I have had the classes. This wasn't the right forum for what I said...sorry again and I am not right wing...If it was the right forum I'd be happy to point out why I am independent and not a Bush fan either and... I don't dislike all politicians. If this can be deleted by all means let it be...my mistake.

^^^ Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Obama, ksgemini? This ain't the thread to gripe about your feelings about the president.

Right-wing people on this forum are always rambling on with their propaganda. The funny thing is, they don't even understand basic political terms such as Marxism. I wonder if any of them have taken a basic college-level political science class or economics class. They don't seem to be aware of their display of ignorance--but I am pretty sure they know they are offending people, and don't care. I just put them on Ignore.

I’m not sure the issue was ever with Jones, Jim, or Jason. As usual Bob is happy hanging out visiting yard sales in the deep-south which is his right to do so as he enjoys his ongoing retirement party with Cline and others…

I'm sorry. This is just completely over my obviously dull head. Who is "Cline?" I also don't understand how the idea of not wanting to try to throw something together in a week's time when I'm sure there were other commitments, as well as enormous pressure since anything they do together ever is so heavily scrutinized, is all the fault of any one member? Is it really that far out there a concept to assume that the talent for the show was already well taken care of and they chose that it would not be something that they would actively participate in? There is no telling if any of them monetarily chipped in, nor should it be something they have to reveal. I get that people are upset because they (and it tends to fall mostly on Robert's shoulders even though the others have things they're doing as well) aren't doing what people want them to do, but good grief. As if they could even do a tour at some point in the future and it wouldn't immediately be followed by people griping who weren't able to attend it...

HER name is Patty Griffin. Robert is in no way retired, I'm going to his concert in July and it is only one of many on his current tour. Pray tell where did you come up with this absolutely false information? Or maybe it is just the impression YOU have...whatever.

I wasn’t upset, just pointing out that Robert has zero interest in Zeppelin that’s all, it’s his right to enjoy his ongoing retirement party…Incorrectly put Cline when I meant Patsy what's her face instead...

He is doing a US tour starting in just over a month with Sensational Space Shifters, so not exactly retirement. I'm sure Patty Griffin would take a Patsy Cline comparison as quite a compliment

Bob has the right to play laid back sleepy versions of a Led Zeppelin filled set if he so pleases. He earned that right to enjoy his ongoing retirement party from rock music. Not sure why some are using uppercase words directed at me.

How on earth can you call it a "retirement party from rock" when the man has just continued to produce music of all forms? You have a right to your opinion, but I just can't agree on the words used. All I know is I am looking forward to seeing him again in July. It is still his voice on the stage.

Archived