HMV Classic Collection-Led Zeppelin IV

So, you're the one that bought that. I was going to bid on it but lost track of it. I had never heard of it before, the vinyl editions appear to go for around $70-100. I'd say you got a decent price for a sealed cd box set. I know pretty much noting about it.

Let us (me) know what it's like once you receive it!

Edit:

A bit more info

1988 UK limited edition 'HMV Classic Collection' CD box set comprising the 8-track CD album, an illustrated 12-page booklet with a detailed article on the making of the album by journalist Chris Welch, plus a one page letter to collectors from the HMV managing director, all housed in a 12" x 12" individually numbered picture box. Limited to 3500 copies

Edited by publicenemy3

LED ZEPPELIN Led Zepplin IV (Superb 1988 UK limited edition 'HMV Classic Collection' CD box set comprising the 8-track CD album, an illustrated 12-page booklet with a detailed article on the making of the album by journalist Chris Welch, plus a one page letter to collectors from Brian McLaughlin the managing director, all housed in a 12" x 12" individually numbered picture box. Limited to 3500 copies only C881-4).

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=239116

this is lovely too

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=427740&utm_campaign=MI-REQ-SS&utm_source=Internal&utm_medium=Internal

Edited by henrybonzo

Since that HMV box came out in 1988, then it probably sounds like shit, as that was before Page and Marino went in and cleaned up the dodgy cd releases that were originally issued by Atlantic in the 80s. Doesn't appear all that essential...even that Chris Welch article can be found elsewhere.

It's already been said that she got a good deal....it's an interesting piece, and it probably sounds absolutely fine. The Diament cd's don't sound that bad, but the remasters do sound better.

And the new remasters even better!

:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...