Patty Griffin&Robert Plant performing @ Rough Trade East

ZepRex

Patty Griffin and very special guest vocalist Robert Plant on harmony vocals will appear at Rough Trade East, London on Thursday, 16th May 2013 at 7:00 pm

Infos on how to get in and other infos can be found here:

http://www.roughtrade.com/events/2013/5/116

So get going all you Londoners and surrounding areas. I'd surely be there if I lived there..

I'm afraid this is going to result in some people being disappointed by accidentally misleading tweets and stuff on this in-store thing. By all indications its going to be very much like the other things they did in Austin with Patty singing a few songs from her new album and then Robert coming out at the end to sing with her on Ohio. From some of the things being tweeted, it sounds like they're both doing a show together and I don't believe that is the case. I just wanted to give a little heads up in case people are making major plans to attend what they believe is a Robert Plant concert.

I just want to say that I am so sick of these new songs Robert Plant is doing with this Patty Griffin.

His versions of Led Zeppelin songs are Horrible!! I grew up listening to Zeppelin from early age and it saddens me that he wont get back together with Jimmy and John Paul and just do a jam session of sorts, it doesn't have to be called Led Zeppelin, Zeppelin died in 1980. I love Robert Plant early solo works and Jimmy page has done some " decent" stuff. Though this country junk Plant is playing is Garbage, he is trying to create a sound with a mixture Americana and crappy country. :redcard: Please Robert stop this shameful waste of talent and get working with the real men of rock. Till then I wont buy anything or see your shows to sit and be bored off my ass.

They aren't married ;) x

Just thought I would ask, this is where I got it from....

72780.jpg

Patty Griffin American Kid

Patty Griffin releases her new album, 'American Kid' via Columbia. The album, co-produced by Griffin and Craig Ross, is her seventh. It is her first album of mainly new material since the acclaimed 'Children Running Through' in 2007. In between then and now, she made the Grammy Award-winning 'Downtown Church' in 2010 and became a member of Band of Joy alongside Robert Plant. Most of the 12 songs on the album are about her father, a World War II veteran who returned home to live for a time in a Trappist monastery before becoming a high school science teacher and raising seven children. The album features guitarist Doug Lanico and husband Robert Plant performs vocals on three tracks.

Is this Misleading or True, anyone know......

The album features guitarist Doug Lanico and husband Robert Plant performs vocals on three tracks.

They aren't married ;) x

Other than that, though it was right. Doug Lancio does play on the album and Robert does sing on three tracks...which officially makes this one of the most accurate press releases about either of them in a long time lol

I tend to agree,I love him no matter what he does but much love the old Robert better

I just want to say that I am so sick of these new songs Robert Plant is doing with this Patty Griffin.

His versions of Led Zeppelin songs are Horrible!! I grew up listening to Zeppelin from early age and it saddens me that he wont get back together with Jimmy and John Paul and just do a jam session of sorts, it doesn't have to be called Led Zeppelin, Zeppelin died in 1980. I love Robert Plant early solo works and Jimmy page has done some " decent" stuff. Though this country junk Plant is playing is Garbage, he is trying to create a sound with a mixture Americana and crappy country. :redcard: Please Robert stop this shameful waste of talent and get working with the real men of rock. Till then I wont buy anything or see your shows to sit and be bored off my ass.

Just watched him and Patty on The Jools Holland show, not too keen of this slow sleepy music she is doing , but loved Robert playing his harmonica ! Nice to see him too.

Angela

I hope this will appear on Youtube as well as his performance at Rough Trade East..would love to see the performance..thanks for the screenshots!!

Archived