Patty Griffin&Robert Plant performing @ Rough Trade East

ZepRex

The video of Patty and Robert from last night is up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYjTe6yS0w

thank you for putting this up!! Well, up till now I believed that Robert could save any dodgy song with his harmonica playing and his vocals, but this is not my cuppa tea at all..I don't know, it just doesn't get me..

Patty said at a show in New York on Saturday that she was coming down with a cold so there might be some illness things going on that could affect their ability to properly hear the harmony. Still, I thought it was a nice performance of a song I happen to like. But, everyone has opinions and all are entitled to them whether I agree or not ;)

thank you for putting this up!! Well, up till now I believed that Robert could save any dodgy song with his harmonica playing and his vocals, but this is not my cuppa tea at all..I don't know, it just doesn't get me..

same here

How do I know I wont like it,or don't like it??

Well won't - you know if you DON'T, but what you said is you will NEVER like his new music. What if his next release is just beautiful?

How can you know how you will feel in the future?

*edit - you were spot on ProPlant :)

Well won't - you know if you DON'T, but what you said is you will NEVER like his new music. What if his next release is just beautiful?

I guess I have always just loved rock music,Led Zeppelin first of course,but I also love other stuff like ac/dc,journey for example

says not available in my country

*edit - you were spot on ProPlant :)

Deleted my comment because I saw you say the same thing right after lol.

Whoever filmed this must have been right next to me. I was standing at the front behind Dave Lewis and his little reporter notebook (!).

Some highlights for you:

Waiting in the queue outside the store when I happened to look behind me and there's Robert Plant walking around, nobody recognised him as they didn't look behind them.

A strange noise comes on the speaker system between songs and Patty Griffin jokingly says it's from her butt. 'I've had a cold, my body's been doing lots of exciting things'.

Robert Plant striding on stage for Highway Song, and proceeding to pester Patty into telling the story behind the song. Awkward glances. Robert went on to tell the story himself. He was speeding along the highway ("85 miles an hour") with Patty in the passenger seat with an acoustic guitar. They're happily singing together writing the song when the police pull Robert over for speeding. He rolls the window down and the officer asks to see his papers. He hands them over, and the officer tells him that they're a prescription for painkillers! (Patty then stopped Robert because this was the story behind a different song).

Before they played Highway Song, Robert said that they felt they played 'drearily' on Later... With Jools Holland the other night so they played it differently this time.

After they played that song: Robert announced "I'm going now", picked up his beer, and slowly and deliberately reversed down the little ladder at the side of the stage. I laughed. That was the last that people saw of him, it was very much Patty's gig.

After the final song, Patty was deciding what to play for an encore. Someone in the audience shouted 'Ohio'. Patty smiled and looked off the side of the stage to Robert, who presumably didn't look enthusiastic enough. She played Railroad Wings instead.

Setlist (I think)

• Wherever You Wanna Go
  • Don't Let Me Die In Florida
  • Faithful Son
  • Wild Old Dog
  • Highway Song
  • Railroad Wings

post-20091-0-14760800-1368745778_thumb.j

Whoever filmed this must have been right next to me. I was standing at the front behind Dave Lewis and his little reporter notebook (!).

Some highlights for you:

Robert Plant striding on stage for Highway Song, and proceeding to pester Patty into telling the story behind the song. Awkward glances. Robert went on to tell the story himself. He was speeding along the highway ("85 miles an hour") with Patty in the passenger seat with an acoustic guitar. They're happily singing together writing the song when the police pull Robert over for speeding. He rolls the window down and the officer asks to see his papers. He hands them over, and the officer tells him that they're a prescription for painkillers! (Patty then stopped Robert because this was the story behind a different song).

Before they played Highway Song, Robert said that they felt they played 'drearily' on Later... With Jools Holland the other night so they played it differently this time.

After they played that song: Robert announced "I'm going now", picked up his beer, and slowly and deliberately reversed down the little ladder at the side of the stage. I laughed. That was the last that people saw of him, it was very much Patty's gig.

Some kind soul provided a bit more video along with the funny story you were talking about if anyone's interested.

I'm jealous..I'd have loved to have been there. and it doesn't matter that he left the stage after Highway Song, it still woulda been a trip well-spent. Thanks so much for all the info Cookie and the links that everyone posted!!

Archived