Goodbye Fergie ...Hello Moyes

weslgarlic

Yeah it's lucky they did give the originally failing Fergie the chance to stay on, I think if they are smart they'll keep him on. Everton isn't a club where Moyes could of learnt to be a top European manager yet Man U can if he gets enough time to grow, whether that be 2 months or 2 years.

Man Utd has a club has grown since Fergie so now they expect top four minium , fergie has finished top three for years rarely out of top two

Premier League - Paper Round: Rooney leads United exodus Three big stars could be on their way out of Manchester United according to Saturday's newspapers - Wayne Rooney, Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic.

• 1035591-16667312-640-360.jpg

Euro

Rooney still wants to leave the club despite Sir Alex Ferguson's departure, according to the Daily Mail.

Recent reports suggested Rooney was unhappy at Ferguson's claim he had requested a transfer - suggesting a willingness to stay under new manager David Moyes.

But the Mail reports that Rooney has not been persuaded his future lies at Old Trafford, forcing United to contemplate an asking price for the England striker.

The 27-year-old has two years left on his contract and is expected to cost around £25 million, slightly less than United paid Everton for him in 2004.

Arsenal are very marginal favourites to sign Rooney, but Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are all realistic alternatives.

The Times reports that Moyes still hopes to talk Rooney round and will hold discussions with the player and his agent Paul Stretford next week.

Despite Rooney delivering a disappointing return on his £250,000-a-week salary last season, United still consider him a key player. The club's new chief executive Ed Woodward is keen to make a strong start to both his and Moyes's tenure, and selling arguably the club's most marketable star would send out a negative message.

1035593.jpg

Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph says United are preparing a second bid for Leighton Baines after their original £12m bid was rebuffed.

The Guardian reports that a fee in the region of £18m will be necessary to prise him from Goodison Park.

And the same report says new Everton boss Roberto Martinez has no interest in selling midfielder Marouane Fellaini. SuitorsArsenal will have to meet the Belgian's £24m release clause to land him.

United's interest in Baines appears to have upset the club's current left-back Evra, whom The Sun claims is ready to quit Old Trafford.

The Frenchman is not prepared to stick around and compete for his place in the side if Baines arrives. He has been linked with a return to Monaco, who have already spent over £100m on Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho in an impressive early-summer spree.

And captain Nemanja Vidic could also be on his way out to AC Milan according to the Daily Mirror.

The 31-year-old remains a formidable defensive presence but has suffered badly with injury in recent seasons.

Milan see Vidic as the man to shore up their back line as they attempt to wrest control of Italian football back from Juventus.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-rooney-leads-united-exodus-073849026.html

Premier League - Paper Round: Rooney leads United exodus Three big stars could be on their way out of Manchester United according to Saturday's newspapers - Wayne Rooney, Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic.

• 1035591-16667312-640-360.jpg

Euro

Rooney still wants to leave the club despite Sir Alex Ferguson's departure, according to the Daily Mail.

Recent reports suggested Rooney was unhappy at Ferguson's claim he had requested a transfer - suggesting a willingness to stay under new manager David Moyes.

But the Mail reports that Rooney has not been persuaded his future lies at Old Trafford, forcing United to contemplate an asking price for the England striker.

The 27-year-old has two years left on his contract and is expected to cost around £25 million, slightly less than United paid Everton for him in 2004.

Arsenal are very marginal favourites to sign Rooney, but Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are all realistic alternatives.

The Times reports that Moyes still hopes to talk Rooney round and will hold discussions with the player and his agent Paul Stretford next week.

Despite Rooney delivering a disappointing return on his £250,000-a-week salary last season, United still consider him a key player. The club's new chief executive Ed Woodward is keen to make a strong start to both his and Moyes's tenure, and selling arguably the club's most marketable star would send out a negative message.

1035593.jpg

Meanwhile, the Daily Telegraph says United are preparing a second bid for Leighton Baines after their original £12m bid was rebuffed.

The Guardian reports that a fee in the region of £18m will be necessary to prise him from Goodison Park.

And the same report says new Everton boss Roberto Martinez has no interest in selling midfielder Marouane Fellaini. SuitorsArsenal will have to meet the Belgian's £24m release clause to land him.

United's interest in Baines appears to have upset the club's current left-back Evra, whom The Sun claims is ready to quit Old Trafford.

The Frenchman is not prepared to stick around and compete for his place in the side if Baines arrives. He has been linked with a return to Monaco, who have already spent over £100m on Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho in an impressive early-summer spree.

And captain Nemanja Vidic could also be on his way out to AC Milan according to the Daily Mirror.

The 31-year-old remains a formidable defensive presence but has suffered badly with injury in recent seasons.

Milan see Vidic as the man to shore up their back line as they attempt to wrest control of Italian football back from Juventus.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-rooney-leads-united-exodus-073849026.html

leaving, Ship, a, rats, sinking.

Edinson Cavani ,Leighton Baines and Michele Fornasier in for Wayne Rooney, Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic Thiago Alcantara for Paul Scholes then bring in Gareth Bale or Bring back Ronaldo

Can see Baines hooking up with his old mucker. Dream on with Bale, Cavani and Ronaldo. Cavani's buy-out clause is, what, 58-60 million? Even City aren't willing to pay that.

Thought he was going to Bayern? can't see Rooney playing under Moyes. Be interesting if he went to Arsenal.

I heard that they did n't want to sell a fellow german club , so he's decided to sit out the final year of his contract ,so he can go there on a free anyway

I heard that they did n't want to sell a fellow german club , so he's decided to sit out the final year of his contract ,so he can go there on a free anyway

They just sold Mario Gotze to Bayern? Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a "virus" then he sold them Ronaldo. People say a lot of shit they renege on because money talks and ultimately most managers won't have the final say. Even ole' Fergie.

6/7/13: Catalan daily Sport's front-page lead is that Thiago Alcantara will sign a five-year contract with United next week. The report suggests the midfielder has received the assurances he wanted over playing time and has agreed terms. However, the newspaper has also indicated that a transfer still needs to be thrashed out with Barcelona and Bayern Munich are waiting in the wings if a deal cannot be sealed. Nonetheless, it has long been reported that Thiago has a clause in his Camp Nou contract enabling him to be snapped up for a cut-price fee so it is claimed developments are expected in the coming days. David Moyes refused to discuss individual transfer targets on Friday.

Cesc Fabregas subject of €30m bid from Manchester United as David Moyes targets Barcelona midfielder Manchester United have lodged a €30m (£25.9m) bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
cesc-fabregas_2617887b.jpg
Midfield general: Manchester United want to end their search for a top-quality midfielder by bringing Cesc Fabregas to Old Trafford

The Premier League champions, yet to add a major signing to their squad under manager David Moyes, are understood to have made the offer earlier today following Thiago Alcantara’s decision to reject a move to Old Trafford in favour a move to Bayern Munich.

Former Arsenal captain Fabregas had been reportedly unhappy at the Nou Camp after failing to impose himself on Tito Vilanova’s team last season.

But when asked about the prospect of leaving the club earlier this summer, Fabregas appeared set against a transfer away fromBarcelona.

"I’ve always said that I’m happy at Barca," he said. "Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me.

"Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don’t want him to talk with other people about me. I’m very private and I don’t even talk about these things with my family

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10179961/Cesc-Fabregas-subject-of-30m-bid-from-Manchester-United-as-David-Moyes-targets-Barcelona-midfielder.html

Cesc Fabregas: Barcelona boss says midfielder wants to stay

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas does not want to leave the club this summer to return to the Premier League, says manager Tito Vilanova.

Manchester United lodged a £25m bid for the 26-year-old former Arsenal captain on Monday but, according to the Barca boss, the player wants to stay for now.

It is a good sign that the club gets offers for our players... but Fabregas wants to stay

Tito Vilanova

"I know he has received offers from other teams," said Vilanova.

"But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona."

Vilanova added: "He doesn't want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation."

United have yet to receive a formal response to their offer, which is understood to be some way below Barcelona's valuation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23330921

Good riddance to the thick scouse twat. Who does he think (if he can) he is? Last season he held the club to ransom for more dosh now it transpires that he will not play as a team player. Man United are a TEAM fat boy, not you and 10 others. As far as a transfer beyond the English speaking world, forget it. When you understand the art of basic English then, and only then, can you play for Tranmere Rovers.

Good riddance to the thick scouse twat. Who does he think (if he can) he is? Last season he held the club to ransom for more dosh now it transpires that he will not play as a team player. Man United are a TEAM fat boy, not you and 10 others. As far as a transfer beyond the English speaking world, forget it. When you understand the art of basic English then, and only then, can you play for Tranmere Rovers.

Tranmere wouldn't have him, their fans wouldn't know what he was saying, then again neither does he.

Manchester United still confident of signing Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona Manchester United believe the financial burden of sanctioning the £51.3 million purchase of Neymar and Lionel Messi’s renegotiated £17 million-a-year contract could force Barcelona to strike a deal for the sale of Cesc Fabregas.

Cesc0_2619510b.jpg

Wanted man: Cesc Fabregas is thought to be unhappy over his lack of playing time at Barcelona

Despite claims by Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova that Fabregas “wants to stay here” in the wake of United’s £26 million bid for the former Arsenal captain, the Premier League champions remain confident in their prospects of signing the player before the transfer deadline next month.

Having been identified by manager David Moyes as the priority target in attempts to reinforce the club’s midfield, United are prepared for a protracted battle in order to lure Fabregas back to England.

But with United already hopeful that the 26-year-old is keen to move to Old Trafford, the club’s confidence has been further fuelled by a belief that Barcelona are in a process of raising funds and reducing their wage bill ­following the signing of Brazilian forward ­Neymar and confirmation of Messi’s lucrative six-year contract, which was signed by the Argentine in February.

The Spanish champions, who banked £17 million from the ­departure of Thiago Alcântara to Bayern Munich, have also waved through the cut-price £1.8  million sale of forward David Villa to Atlético Madrid.

Barcelona are also prepared to listen to offers for Chilean winger Alexis Sánchez, a £32 million buy from ­Udinese in 2011, and the Dutch midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, who spent last season on loan at Schalke.

While Barcelona would prefer to keep Fabregas at the Nou Camp, United’s offer has yet to be rejected by the club. Coach Vilanova is keen to retain Fabregas and he claimed yesterday that the player has informed him of his desire to stay.

“I know he has received offers from other teams,” Vilanova said. “But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation.”

However, senior figures at United believe that a deal can be struck with a player who has grown frustrated by his lack of action in Barcelona’s key fixtures. Although Moyes has been told that he will be backed with significant funds in the transfer market by the club’s owners, the Glazer family, United are prepared to be patient in their pursuit of Fabregas before considering an increased offer.

Vilanova’s press conference yesterday was a lively affair – he also claimed that his predecessor at the Nou Camp, Pep Guardiola, “wasn’t there for me” during his rehabilitation from salivary gland cancer earlier this year in New York, where Guardiola was taking a year-long sabbatical after leaving Barca at the end of the 2011-12 season.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell had suggested previously that ­Guardiola had made little attempt to visit Vilanova in the United States, claims furiously contested by ­Guardiola. But Vilanova reopened the feud yesterday. He said: “He visited me once in New York when I’d just arrived, but during my ­recovery from the operation... I was there for two months and I didn’t see him. He’s my friend and I needed him, but he wasn’t there for me. I would have done things differently.”

Meanwhile, United have been forced to cool their interest in Everton’s Leighton Baines after all efforts to sign the left-back were resisted. United bid £10 million and were prepared to go higher, but Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is adamant Baines will not be sold.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10184070/Manchester-United-still-confident-of-signing-Cesc-Fabregas-from-Barcelona.html

Archived