Goodbye Fergie ...Hello Moyes

weslgarlic

Bale: I want to join Man Utd

team-13.jpg

Fleet footed Welshman with thunder in his feet tells friends that he would like to head to Old Trafford. More tellingly, Tottenham Hotspur last night refused to comment on whether or not an official bid had been made. In developments since yesterday (Friday), Gareth Bale, who resisted saying anything about Real Madrid in their courtship of him, has been telling pals something different about Manchester United.

Encouragingly, the fleet footed Welsh man has confided to pals that he is interested in a move to the Premier League Champions.

Furthermore, & breaking with tradition, Tottenham Hotspur last night refused to comment on whether or not an official bid had been made.

Normally, one would expect some sharp shrift from the Daniel Levy led Londoners, even something akin to hostility, when someone comes knocking for one of their Star Players ~ but this time, not even a peep.

This hostility is one of his negotiating strategies, whereby the buying club has to "Show Spurs the Money" (i.e. up the bid considerably).

It is an excellent ploy by Levy where he shows utter contempt for the bidding & bargaining process, unless the money being offered is astounding and head turning. Basically, the buying club is bullied into 'flashing the cash', and showing their hand early in a bid to curry favour with Levy.

Levy and Spurs had their opportunity last night to employ this now familiar strategy (through the press) with the buying club (United). But nothing!

We would definitely expect to hear something today in the form of an outright refusal, or something contemptuous of the bid. Or, if there is nothing, Manchester United and it's fans could take that as a positive sign.

Understandably, the winger has made no secret of his ambition to play in the Champions League, which will not be achieved with his current Club, as they finished in fifth spot, one place outside Champions League Qualification. Bale is of the opinion that time is precious & not to be wasted.

Playing with Manchester United is going to realise that ambition for Bale.The Premier League champions are currently in Australia for the pre-season tour and the Mail reports the Red Devils' chief executive, Ed Woodward has flown back to to do "urgent transfer business."

Some speculate that it is to tie-up the Fabregas deal, now theres a new exciting twist with the Welsh Speedster reputedly becoming a top priority.

This is in light of reports that Cristiano Ronaldo is close to agreeing terms on a new contract with Real Madrid.

Woodward has already backed Moyes in making stellar signings by confirming that the club has no budget to adhere to. Bale has been in scintillating form and has become a wanted man in Europe. And he will be the Marquee signing that stamps David Moyes authority on the current United squad.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is loathe to let the PFA Player and Young Player of the Year winner to depart White Hart Lane this summer, and he (Levy)is a fierce negotiator. United expect to be driven upwards by his uncompromising negotiating tactics.

However, United are hotly tipped to sign Bale in time for the start of the Premier League season.

The Red Devils are on a serious recruitment drive as they look to improve the quality & depth of the squad at Old Trafford in the wake of the Ferguson era.

The prospective signings of Fabregas & Bale would bring them in line with the quality of Chelsea & Man City. United know they have catching up to do in the Transfer Market, as it is believed that Ferguson had his squad achieving above the sum of its component parts

http://www.football.co.uk/manchester_united/bale__i_want_to_join_man_utd_rss4341851.shtml

Bale: I want to join Man Utd

team-13.jpg

Encouragingly, the fleet footed Welsh man has confided to pals that he is interested in a move to the Premier League Champions.

http://www.football.co.uk/manchester_united/bale__i_want_to_join_man_utd_rss4341851.shtml

done deal then if he's told unknown sources?

All getting a bit desperate: Barca repeatedly say Fabregas is not for sale, I presume then this is in the same way that Rooney is not for sale. And now Bale....

Moyes is an unknown factor, most top players will want to see how he fairs in his first season. You'll most likely end up with Baines and fellaini. City have already made some good solid signings; whereas Utd are trying to get marquee players.

done deal then if he's told unknown sources?

All getting a bit desperate: Barca repeatedly say Fabregas is not for sale, I presume then this is in the same way that Rooney is not for sale. And now Bale....

Moyes is an unknown factor, most top players will want to see how he fairs in his first season. You'll most likely end up with Baines and fellaini. City have already made some good solid signings; whereas Utd are trying to get marquee players.

United need to replace Scholes ,,maybe they have one in Powell , Cover for Carrack , and long term quality replacements for Giggs( bale) and Ferdinand

maybe Baines to compete with Evra

Most great squads continue to evolve , United have quite a strong one at the moment

No panic here man. I am a red and I just have the feeling that the rumour mill about who is going where has a grain of truth in it. I would love to see Fabregas at OT but I really doubt that very much. Rooney can piss off anyway- never trust anyone who holds a club to ransom for an extra nickel. What I am more concerned about is the opposition carefully strengthening their squads and we seem to be lagging behind. I suspect that it will take a season or two for Moyes to settle in but in these days failure generally means the boot - unless your Wenger

No panic here man. I am a red and I just have the feeling that the rumour mill about who is going where has a grain of truth in it. I would love to see Fabregas at OT but I really doubt that very much. Rooney can piss off anyway- never trust anyone who holds a club to ransom for an extra nickel. What I am more concerned about is the opposition carefully strengthening their squads and we seem to be lagging behind. I suspect that it will take a season or two for Moyes to settle in but in these days failure generally means the boot - unless your Wenger

Im no Wegner fan but they hav n't finished out f the top four for ages

While I'm sure he misses the English climate and cuisine, I really can't see Fabregas coming back to the Premiership after all the fuss he made over leaving to join his "boyhood team"

Man U are in transition; the dice have been rolled and everybody is waiting to see on what number they land. Therefore, I don't see the big name players taking the gamble at this point in time unless they come for a massive payday. The Rooney situation isn't really sending out a great signal to potential transfers targets, either.

While I'm sure he misses the English climate and cuisine, I really can't see Fabregas coming back to the Premiership after all the fuss he made over leaving to join his "boyhood team"

Man U are in transition; the dice have been rolled and everybody is waiting to see on what number they land. Therefore, I don't see the big name players taking the gamble at this point in time unless they come for a massive payday. The Rooney situation isn't really sending out a great signal to potential transfers targets, either.

Agreed. But there is a cracking Spanish eatery just off Deansgate called El Rincon if Ces is interested :D

Fellaini Joins Man Utd 30 July 2013

Fabregas joins Man Utd 2 August 2013

Bale Joins Man Utd 9 August 2013

Baines Joins Man Utd 9 August 2013

Rooney stays put

May 2014 Moyes wins Quadruple trophies in first season European Championship , Premier league , FA cup and league cup..................

don't fucking jinx it by writing some negative response

Fellaini Joins Man Utd 30 July 2013

Fabregas joins Man Utd 2 August 2013

Bale Joins Man Utd 9 August 2013

Baines Joins Man Utd 9 August 2013

Rooney stays put

May 2014 Moyes wins Quadruple trophies in first season European Championship , Premier league , FA cup and league cup..................

don't fucking jinx it by writing some negative response

I can't see him winning four trophies, and I think it will be tough for him to get Baines unless he offers a lot more money.

Jinxed ..it wont happen now ....................LOL

Modric is now a player are chasing ?

....and how many days left? If you're not careful, you will end up with nobody of note (like Arsenal, no doubt) even if you do get one of your targets, I think you'd have to concede Moyes has looked way out of his depth in the transfer market, thus far.

^^ Agreed. If Fergie was still in charge it might have been more successful. Looks like it will be same as same as. Interesting to hear what reaction the OT crowd give Fat Boy at the start of the season, assuming he plays

Do you think Moyes is out of his depth ?

Everton don't seem keen to sell either

Manchester United switch transfer targets to Marouane Fellaini of Everton and give up on Cesc Fabregas 6 Aug 2013 22:31

New boss Moyes' search for a midfield signing takes him back the way he came and to Champions League-hungry Belgian

David Moyes has launched a bid for Marouane Fellaini - signalling the end of Manchester United's pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

United boss Moyes has returned to Everton, the club he left for the champions last month, for the Belgium midfielder - who has had a £23.5million buy-out clause allowing him to move to a Champions League club this summer.

However, it is understood that United's valuation is not as high as that, so the clubs could be set for a tussle over his services even though Moyes is desperate to strengthen his midfield.

Barcelona midfielder Fabregas had been Moyes' No1 target, but the ex-Arsenal captain is due to publicly pledge his future to the Nou Camp on Thursday.

United have had two bids turned down and had been considering a third, but not only do Barca not want him to leave, the terms of Arsenal's buy-back option means it would only be worth their while to sell for a fee of over £40m.

Moyes - who also lost out to Bayern Munich for Barca's young midfielder Thiago Alcantra - knows Fellaini well, but also has respect for his former employers, whose left-back Leighton Baines is also on his hit-list.

New Everton boss Roberto Martinez will be determined to keep Fellaini, but the Belgian powerhouse wants to play in the Champions League - the reason that release clause was inserted in his latest contract.

Arsenal had also been keen on Fellaini but the asking price dissuaded manager Arsene Wenger from making a formal offer.

It is unlikely that Everton will sell at a reduced price and are determined to hold firm, but United have the finances and pulling power to tempt Fellaini away from Goodison.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-evertons-fellaini-2131784

Archived