[Ctrl/Cmd+V] I would have to say the solo of Since I've been Loving you, in 1973 Madison square garden off tsrmts. I seen it Live. And I just can't say enough how elementary it seemed to Jimmy page. The passion and feelings of this young man, was so surprising to everyone around me. They just staired at this incredible sound of the Les Paul, that they have never heard before. I watched them just with their jaws dropped in amazement , both men and woman. At the ease and confidence that this man was putting forth . He had come of age, and was at his beginning of his legacy . There would be no more of putting his head down, and hiding underneath his long hair. He was a front man now, And he knew how to capture a venue . The yard birds and Eric Clapton, And Jeff beck. Were all in the past now. It was time for Led Zeppelin !! I'm 58 years young. And I first seen them at the Oakdale Theater , in Wallingford CT. in 1969 . The stage spun in a circle. And John Bonham was playing a double bass . They looked like little kids. But their music was something I've never heard before. I put my Beatle albums away, when I first heard them on AM radio. I was 14 years old. I have black and white pictures of that concert. But I will never give them up !! So please don't ask. I would only let them have them if they wanted. I would just like to say, before I go. I have been to more concerts than I care to remember. My friend Chop, Always taped the shows. And he always had the best of equipment . And I took all the pictures . People would suck my dick, and my buddies to have the collection we have put together all these years. But My buddy is a Frank Zappa freak. And I can see why. But if you cut me open, You will hear Led Zeppelin playing in my heart. They have never been challenged !! And I hope that In my life time, There is another band that can come close to the music that has touched my soul !! They are the only thing that takes me back to a special place in my youth. That I need to get to. And I am forever Greatful !!!!! I Love Led Zeppelin !!

Zepfreak, Led Zeppelin was a phenomenon. But, they were just a great rock'n roll band. Might I suggest you go to a psychiatrist because the issue your mental health seems to be in suspect based on you post above. Maybe you just choose to express yourself with the use of hyperbole, but I actually laughed out loud at your post.

• 3 months later...

1) Thank You (Live at Southampton University 73') by far the best solo I've ever heard, possibly the best song I've ever heard flawless! Every live version of this has a different amazing solo.

2) SIBLY (Live on TSRTS, Orlando 71' is an awesome version too, Bonzo was extra loud)

3) Stairway (Live on TSRTS, Earls Court, I'm sure every version has something great to offer)

4) How Many More Times (Studio or BCC Sessions was freaking amazing! Bonzo keeps a solid unique beat in the solo)

5) This last one is short, but will always be one of my favorite solos. Whole Lotta Love (Studio) live never seemed to top it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

As a standard "solo" I'd say Thank You from the Orlando 71 show.

Hello Greenman! I was at that Led Zep concert in Orlando in 71. It was at the Orlando Sports Stadium. Can you (or anyone here) tell me where I might listen/see that show? It would be just to die for.

As far as my Page's best solo? I would have to think on that one and view some very good stuff here. Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

You're an extremely lucky person getting to see the Orlando show! Its one of the best concerts at that time from what I have listened to. Anyway just go on YouTube and type in 'led zeppelin Orlando live' and you should be able to find a few songs from the concert, if you type in the specific song that might help too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say his next one! Even if it isn't quite as loud or as fast, at this point any new Jimmy on a guitar is going to be the best as I experience it for the first time. Corny answer? Maybe, but true imho!

• 4 months later...

My 2 favorites at the moment, (because as with all things Zep my favorites change when I fall upon a different version that I might not have caught the nuances of before!)

Thank You from the BBC always gives me chills and I have to crank it up!

And SIBLY from the 2007 o2 Shepperton rehearsal is pure Jimmy-genius! B)

Peace!

My 2 favorites at the moment, (because as with all things Zep my favorites change when I fall upon a different version that I might not have caught the nuances of before!)

Peace!

Peace!

Hey people, what is all the fuss about ? I've heard everything they have ever done . And when they are not recording to put something on an album, they really don't give a fuck !! They know when the nights they are playing means something or is going to be used for taping endevors. The music your hearing is just They really don't give a Fuck !! Their too high to care what is coming out of of the sound board to care weather its good or bad . But when they know its going to count for something their going to have to account for, then you hear a much different professional sound . There are many groups that just go through the motions on certain nights when they know whatever they do, just is not going to matter as far as putting down perfect tracks for recording purposes. All bands do it . It's not like Zep is the only one . A little piece of me died when jon bonham died . I knew then we were never going to hear anything from Jimmy after that . But if you want to hear songs that are mind blowing, then I suggest you pic up the double dvd of zeps best work from 1968/69. They give you everything from Royal albert hall - 1970, 12 songs , plus extras from 1969 . = 11 more songs. And I will challenge anyone to tell me that something is wrong with any of these songs . Then to disc 2 . Starting from 1972 and 73 . from madison garden . After that, to Earls court- 1975, then on to Knebworth 1979 . When Bonzo passed away . After that , there are extras from NYC pressconference- 1970- 72 and down under . Interviews with the band . Then a promofrom 1990 - over the hills and far away . the old grey whistle test - 1975 . an interview with bobby. promo 1 - over the hills and far away . promo 2 - 1990 - traveling riverside blues . . I challenge you to listen to these two disc's . And see if you can find anything wrong with the way they are playing !!after you do this , please get back to me and you tell me if I'm out of my mind !!God had a great day when he put these people together . I hope in the near future he puts some men together to get me as excited as I did when I heard Zep play in 1968 . The world needs another Led Zeppelin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I think this is the high point of the performance:

Go the the 5-minute mark. Eddie Van Halen swiped "Cathedral" from this solo.

hardly doubt pagey was the first person to use the toggle switch while playing, but wouldn't shock me in the slightest if EVH heard about him doing it and comped it for his own use. Seattle 77 vids are always such an interesting watch, sometimes i love them for just some of the out there insanity of them, other times it's just too superfluous and crazy for me. Either way, the whole "unaccompanied" guitar solo thing I never loved, same with drum solos, but then again, I just always like things contained within a "song" or with the participation of multiple people in an improv.

Archived