49 minutes ago, Bob B said:

For a band who's musical roots were deeply embedded in Chicago blues, I am surprised that Zeppelin had Chicago scheduled as an early tour stop both in 1975 and 1977 before they were REALLY warmed up performance-wise, especially when they were playing multiple nights there on both of those tours.  I am also surprised that no good soundboards or audience tapes seem to exist for those particular shows.  If there are some out there, could someone be kind enough to mention them here ?  Thanks in advance.  Being from Milwaukee, I would like to hear at least a couple of those Chicago shows in halfway decent sound quality.  My ears are attuned to bootlegs, but I would just prefer to hear something from those Chicago stops that doesn't sound like it's sloshed in mud.

75-01-22 - Every Picture Tells A Chicago Story (Wendy) - isn't too bad. Audience, fair recording - but only fair.

73-07-06 - the aud recording I have is rough as, but I also have a soundcheck recording that is interesting, and not too bad quality wise.

77-04-09 - 6 tracks that indeed sound like it was recorded in the mud as you put it.

Archived