What Time Did You Wake Up?

Charles J. White

• 4 weeks later...

Was supposed to be 6am. But I had the most mesmerizing dream. I was being summoned, someone was intently calling my name and I was pulled amain past all these people currently in my waking life. In a flash I was 'there', overwhelming wonderment, and jolted awake the moment I returned back into myself. I was pretty shaken about it (because it was so vivid and I had wondrous experiences at a speed I can't unwind to examine, not because it was bad) so I got up to walk around a bit, saw the clock - 2:50am.

Woke up on my own (a feat for a night owl), thinking, hmm, was there an alarm? Nope. 7:22am.

I usually leave at 7:25am so I took the fastest shower known to womankind, and somehow made it just in time. But the dream left me out or sorts like I'm not all here. The alarm didn't go off because my cell phone froze - at 2:50am. Weird.

5:30 every morning, working or not, sunrise is one of the most beautiful times of the day. There's less traffic at that time and it's a quicker drive to work, on weekends no one is around so I can go mountain biking at the lake, hiking in the hills or head for the beach before it's crowded. I have never regretted getting up early!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived