British Soldier beheaded on public street

TypeO

Melanie the Police arrived within about 9 mins , because our officers are not all Armed the Armed Police took about 15- 20 mins to Respond..

Thank you for clarifying. It is so surreal that such a horrific scene to be captured on a cellphone camera and be broadcast around the world within hours. It seems that is what the killers had in mind.

I hope and pray that the media respect the soldier's wishes for anonymity.

I did read elsewhere yesterday people thinking that it had been today, and someone corrected them - that's the only reason I knew - so it seems to have been a mixed-up story for a few people x

Have I got news for you...

In 1928, Hassan al-Banna founded the Muslim Brotherhood, a rigidly conservative and highly secretive Egyptian-based ....etc etc

Old news, Steve........I had history classes.............Still waiting for someone to poop out Mufti Al Husseini to prove that all Muslims are also nazis.

Still that's not ONE global organisation which includes all Muslims.

These people are Islamists, radicals, lunatics.

Just like "We the Christians" have radical loons, be it the Greek Golden Dawn, the Nazi's, Geert Wilders, Breivik's "Templars" or the Westboro Baptists.

It turns out MI5 were aware of them, but the level of surveillance they were under is not yet known. One of the suspects became involved with radical Muslim groups at 15/16 years old, and his parents moved him from the area they were living in to try to get him away from these groups.

You didn't say one global organization, you said one global movement. The world is full of disenfranchised members of society who then turn against society in the name of fill in the blank. If you've had history classes then I won't waste my time explaining to you the ongoing saga of good vs. evil, let alone the duality of man. I will say this, in the immediate aftermath of an eight year old boy, among others, being blown apart by nails in Boston and now an unarmed British soldier being hacked to death on the streets of London your posts as well as those of henrybozo are despicable and do not reflect well upon you.

Thanks for playing it this way Steve.

According to your own post, the Muslim Brotherhood is "a rigidly conservative and highly secretive Egyptian-based organization"

Cool reply after I asked for a movement.....bravo!

(How dumb do you think I am, Steve?)

Whether the Muslim Brotherhood is a movement or an organisation, they are still loons.

As far as accusing me as being despicable, sure, I am a terrible person, and I love violence.

God bless the guns that we need to show other people the other cheek.

Love you too.

Cool, how many people were stoned to death already?

Cool, how many people were stoned to death already

Reswati: Permanent Ignore <click>

henrybonzo: Permanent Ignore <click>

I guess Steve could't bear to answer that the recent stoning count in that place equals zero.

Big talk, small (freedom) fries, he's my hero!

(It would be easy to call you an intolerant shmuck right now, Stiffy Jones...........but your own words say more about you than any insult from me would ever do................Oh Brother, I pity you)

While it's definitely true terrorism is not exclusive to the islamic variety by any means as history proves, I can see why people are extremely upset because present day, in our current lives, islamic fundamentalists have been responsible for the majority of terror attacks and remain persistent. The IRA is getting drunk now right? The unibomber as the name implies was a loner.
It's been like this for a while now. Last time I was in Israel in the early 80's there were terror warnings just like present day except now it has spread to the west. It's not getting any better. It's getting worse.
If you look at the last 50 years of aviation history for example you will find overwhelmingly islamic terrorists reign 'king' of terror in the skies all around the globe.
Also for example, to compare abortion doctor killings to something like Islamic terrorism, you would actually have to include ALL doctors including pediatricians because they would ALL be considered 'infidels', no targeting of just a segment within the group. In fact, it would probably be considered normal practice to just blow up entire major hospitals and be done with it.
Like the unibomber, Tim Mcveigh was a lone nut. They weren't funded by a group(or government) with similar ideas and intentions.
Actually, the closest thing to american terrorism that I can think of right off hand, similar to Islamic terrorists(but on a much smaller scale) would be the groups like the Weather Underground(which professor Ayers was involved in) and the Black Panthers. Crazy or not, fanatical to whatever degree, they had a focused goal much like Islamic terrorism and had support in place and used violence while trying to reach those goals. Unless I'm mistaken about those whack abortion doctor killings, they usually fall under the lone psycho nut category much like these two fools today. And consider if you will, the terror attacks that have taken in the last year alone and look at what groups were responsible for them. Either they are people who at least identify themselves as being involved in Islamic fundamentalism, or believe themselves to be Batman villains, or school shooters with mental illnesses.
I do think it is "wrong" to say all terrorist are Muslim, because terror does come in many forms, but there is no denying that the more focused and committed terrorists present day are of the Islamic variety.

The Weather Underground and the Panthers were punters, mere children compared to that famous domestic terrorist group called the KKK. Where was the national outrage for over 100 years of clan activity, the slaughtering of hundreds of thousands of black Americans just for being black. Islam? Those guys wish they had the death numbers the KKK has but yet most have resigned them to the dust bin of history with little more than a "what a shame." With some of the logic (or lack thereof) exhibited on this forum, I think all white, southern men who are affiliated, have been affiliated, or had a family member affiliated at any time in history with the KKK or any other white "pride" group should be rounded up and shipped back to their ancestral lands with American citizenship revoked permanently.

That idea makes about as much sense as blaming all terrorism and all deviant behavior of a minority on ALL muslims.

A more relevant example for this thread would be the English Defense League (EDL).

Good friends of the major Islamophobes Geller, Spencer and co.

But hey, they are the ones that protect us from "islamisation"

Neiter is there ONE global Muslim movement to subjugate infidels (unless you really do believe people like Robert Spencer, Bat Ye'Or and Pamela Geller.......who have already proven to twist the truth quite often to sell a few books more)

But on both sides there are enough loons who think it's their task to save us from the others.

If you think I'm saying every Muslim believes and practices the violent ideology we're discussing, that's not what I'm saying. But that doesn't mean there isn't a large, violent group of people who kill and maim in the name of this religion. I don't accept your "both sides" argument because there is no current, similar sized violent grouping of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

Of course not all Muslims are adherents of an Al Qaeda-inspired philosophy. But enough are to make a mess of things it seems.

A big part of the difficulty we have responding effectively to radical Islam is our inability to discuss these issues without disintegrating into partisan name calling and petty bickering. This is a real problem which is getting worse and it's time to get over our instincts to defend our positions and start really creating an effective response to the craziest elements of Islam.

"If you think I'm saying every Muslim believes and practices the violent ideology we're discussing, that's not what I'm saying."

Makes complete sense

"I don't accept your "both sides" argument because there is no current, similar sized violent grouping of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.But that doesn't mean there isn't a large, violent group of people who kill and maim in the name of this religion."

piechart2.jpg?resize=491%2C491

(Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database)

"Of course not all Muslims are adherents of an Al Qaeda-inspired philosophy. But enough are to make a mess of things it seems."

I despise every act of violence, whatever the motivation may be.

Humans will be stupid enough to kill one another in the name of Gandhi if necessary.

Archived