British Soldier beheaded on public street

TypeO

Mstork,

That is what is in the article excerpt above, but I'm afraid with the shoddy standard of journalism nowadays, it may or may not be the exact time. I think you have to remember that London is a major city with heavy traffic. I am sure that when the police were alerted, they would have responded asap given the nature of the crime reported.

My reason for posting the excerpt was that I am so impressed with Ingrid Loyau-Kennett's intervention at the crime scene.

Agreed, hats off to Ingrid for sure.

Damn. My sympathies to that soldier and his family.

Absolutely. Mine too. I am trying not to pass too many judgements ( ie on the police response, not the murderers) until we know all the facts aboutthis.

Absolutely. Mine too. I am trying not to pass too many judgements ( ie on the police response, not the murderers) until we know all the facts aboutthis.

Nor am I, just found the "20 minutes" part of the story to be eyebrow raising. If it's true, which of course I don't know.

Nor am I, just found the "20 minutes" part of the story to be eyebrow raising. If it's true, which of course I don't know.

Sorry MS, didn't mean to imply that you were. I don't think of you as that type of person so I couldn't imagine you doing that.

but everyone's forgetting, we are actually at war, i know the latest samsung or game of thrones might distract but its actually WW3 right now and the war will always come to the streets, ask the folk in Baghdad, car bomb the other day, 50 killed, drone strikes too..against enemies foreign and domestic http://rt.com/usa/us-government-drone-killing-660/

http://rt.com/usa/sen-lindsey-graham-says-us-drones-have-killed-nearly-5000-people-185/

These poor lads who kill and maim in the name of Islam today simply have no choice.

Go tell the people who use the bible as an excuse to maim, kill and destroy.

These poor lads indeed have no choice.

Their prophet didn't command them to convert by the sword, it's all everyone else's fault.

Poor lads, but hey.......let the truly innocent be the first to cast the stone/bomb/whatever.Rumsfeld-Bush+Secretary+of+Defense+World3543999245_12a8723b93_o.jpgRumsfeld-Bush+Secretary+of+Defense+World

Kate,

I hadn't realised you are the legendary Missus BD - I was friendly with BD on the boards (as were many people) and he is much missed here.

Glad to see BD leaving a tribute for this lad. I remember him telling me that at one point both your boys were in the British Army, so this must be hitting you both very badly. It was touching that the lady I mentioned in my above post stood with the deceased's body for twenty minutes.

I wonder how long this will take to get to trial. Assuming a successful conviction, they will have the bloody brass neck to appeal. In this country we are far too tolerant of these people.

Hi Kenog, we have 1 Son serving the other 1 has Eyesight Issue's and Problems with his feet so was unable to Join up.

BD is NOT the uncaring A Hole that some people thought he was, he even phoned the BBC to complain about the Images that they keeped showing over and over again.

How any Decent Person would want to get up in Court and Defend these People is a Mystery, so on that Basis it could be sometime before they are Bought to Justice...

If the fact that wearing a 'Help for Heroes' T.Shirt makes you a target, any other Religious Extremist will have plenty of Targets now as 'H f H' web site has crashed due to the Amount of People who are buying their goods to show their Support for our 'Troops'...

Hi Mum! How are things over there?

>BD is NOT the uncaring A Hole that some people thought he was,<

I second that!He's my mate,always.

>he even phoned the BBC to complain about the Images that they keeped showing over and over again.<

Good!

How any Decent Person would want to get up in Court and Defend these People is a Mystery, so on that Basis it could be sometime before they are Bought to Justice...

I know your laws are different but even these scumbags deserve a defense at trial.

If the fact that wearing a 'Help for Heroes' T.Shirt makes you a target, any other Religious Extremist will have plenty of Targets now as 'H f H' web site has crashed due to the Amount of People who are buying their goods to show their Support for our 'Troops'...

Let me know when it's back up,I am getting one!

KB

Go tell the people who use the bible as an excuse to maim, kill and destroy.

These poor lads indeed have no choice.

Poor lads, but hey.......let the truly innocent be the first to cast the stone/bomb/whatever.Rumsfeld-Bush+Secretary+of+Defense+World3543999245_12a8723b93_o.jpgRumsfeld-Bush+Secretary+of+Defense+World

So there is a violent global Christian movement to subjugate "infidels" in the name of Christ? Do tell.

Hi Kenog, we have 1 Son serving the other 1 has Eyesight Issue's and Problems with his feet so was unable to Join up.

BD is NOT the uncaring A Hole that some people thought he was, he even phoned the BBC to complain about the Images that they keeped showing over and over again.

Kate, give BD a big hug from me. I am thinking of you and your family and the soldier's family today.

I too would like to get a Help for Heroes shirt.

If someone hates all Muslims they are misguided. This tragedy, and all extremists acts of terror are not about religion but about control. The terrorist leaders prey on and brainwash the weak, poor and the very insecure. They just use Islam as their vehicle for hate and murder.

**Edited for clarification.

So there is a violent global Christian movement to subjugate "infidels" in the name of Christ? Do tell.

Neiter is there ONE global Muslim movement to subjugate infidels (unless you really do believe people like Robert Spencer, Bat Ye'Or and Pamela Geller.......who have already proven to twist the truth quite often to sell a few books more)

But on both sides there are enough loons who think it's their task to save us from the others.

I have neither a Samsung nor a games console ( and have never watched Game of Thrones, I should add). Patronising people doesn't help anyone.

im having a go at all this nationalism that runs rife i when something like this happens, you failed to comment on the wests constant bombing of foreign lands

when Osama was killed, we were shown US citizens chanting "USA, USA" in the street, my fiancee who is a born and bred yank was disgusted by this

Does anyone know why it took 30 minutes for the police to show up? I just watched the camera footage, and an interview with the man who spoke to and filmed the killer, which he was asking the police why did it take them so long to show up.

Kate, give BD a big hug from me. I am thinking of you and your family and the soldier's family today.

I too would like to get a Help for Heroes shirt.

If someone hates all Muslims they are misguided. This tragedy, and all extremists acts of terror are not about religion but about control. The terrorist leaders prey on and brainwash the weak, poor and the very insecure. They just use Islam as their vehicle for hate and murder.

**Edited for clarification.

Kev & Melanie, the H 4 H site is back up but for how long is another matter..

The Soldiers Family have asked for him NOT to be Named and I hope that the Media Honour their Wishes...

The Queen had a Scheduled Visit to the Barracks today and she is keeping it, that will be such a Boost to the rest of the Troops....

Does anyone know why it took 30 minutes for the police to show up? I just watched the camera footage, and an interview with the man who spoke to and filmed the killer, which he was asking the police why did it take them so long to show up.

Melanie the Police arrived within about 9 mins , because our officers are not all Armed the Armed Police took about 15- 20 mins to Respond..

Kev & Melanie, the H 4 H site is back up but for how long is another matter..

The Soldiers Family have asked for him NOT to be Named and I hope that the Media Honour their Wishes...

The Queen had a Scheduled Visit to the Barracks today and she is keeping it, that will be such a Boost to the rest of the Troops....

I thought her visit was scheduled for 31st?

Archived