British Soldier beheaded on public street

TypeO

A big part of the difficulty we have responding effectively to radical Islam is our inability to discuss these issues without disintegrating into partisan name calling and petty bickering. This is a real problem which is getting worse and it's time to get over our instincts to defend our positions and start really creating an effective response to the craziest elements of Islam.

Its a product of the economic downturn I'd say, when the middle and lower classes are being squeezed nationalism, racism and various other forms of bigotry are used more than ever by the powerful to try and get people to vote agenst their own interests.

Its a product of the economic downturn I'd say, when the middle and lower classes are being squeezed nationalism, racism and various other forms of bigotry are used more than ever by the powerful to try and get people to vote agenst their own interests

True.

As far as the selective uproar by some of our beloved brethren here................this happened 2 weeks ago, also in England.

No comment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

Five hours later, and no bigoted button pushing hero ever gave a reaction to this.

But alas..........................double standards are easily maintained.

I hereby humbly kiss the ass of the grim patriotic couch potato.............You're a better man than I.

Five hours later, and no bigoted button pushing hero ever gave a reaction to this.

yes that's terrible... all hate crimes are bad.. Obviously nobody here thinks this poor father of 7 deserved to be harmed, let alone murdered..and you know that..

I hereby humbly kiss the ass of the grim patriotic couch potato.............You're a better man than I.

The killer here deserves the same punishment as the killer there. I think most people would agree with that if you had made a post about this three weeks ago when it happened and reactions would be the same especially if the killer stood around afterward preaching to a camera while holding knives in bloody hands, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, religious and/or jelly bean flavor preferences he may or may not have.

The killer here deserves the same punishment as the killer there. I think most people would agree with that if you had made a post about this three weeks ago when it happened and reactions would be the same especially if the killer stood around afterward preaching to a camera while holding knives in bloody hands, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, religious and/or jelly bean flavor preferences he may or may not have.

The creepy thing bout this is that the media tend to ignore these kinds of deeds.

But anyway (also to The Chase)............thanx for looking at the "less hyped kind of the medal".

We only have one life, one little planet to share,

let's leave it behind to the next generation without making the same mistakes that made this world a fucking mess in the first place.

(Counts for everyone, Muslims, Satanists, Christians an Holy Spaghetti Monster worshippers included)

(the last 4000 years of violence brought us..........a whole lotta bollocks and money to go with it)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

Frank Zappa

Have you read the Bible lately? Particularly the Old Testament. There is some very scary stuff in it like the story of Jezebel to name one example.

apples to oranges. christians are a pain too me but they dont hack anyone with a axe. not even those baptist assholes who hate gays

a couple of years ago a Chinese guy cut off the head of the guy sitting next to him on a Greyhound bus in Canada, for unknown reasons. The saddest thing is that neither the other riders, nor the driver, tried to help, but just fled the bus.

a couple of years ago a Chinese guy cut off the head of the guy sitting next to him on a Greyhound bus in Canada, for unknown reasons. The saddest thing is that neither the other riders, nor the driver, tried to help, but just fled the bus.

I remember hearing about this. Didn't they discover that the killer was psychotic at the time?

We're Canadians..... We don't want to get involved .

apples to oranges. christians are a pain too me but they dont hack anyone with a axe. not even those baptist assholes who hate gays

I guess you forgot about that little incident with the christian fundamentalist visiting the Norwegian Island Utoya in 2011. That freak killed 69, injuring an additional 110. So no, apples to apples, religious nuts come in many flavors, it is NEVER resigned to a single religion.

Well, Sweden is burning, and the troubles are believed to have been triggered when police shot and killed a 69-year-old resident in a Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby last week after the main wielded a machete in public.

Rinkeby's immigrant population is made up of mostly East African and Middle Eastern .... Muslims ....

http://www.france24.com/en/20130523-cars-ablaze-stockholm-braces-fifth-night-riots

Gun Control is such a mis-nomer.

When any society goes medieval, any sharp object will do.

I guess you forgot about that little incident with the christian fundamentalist visiting the Norwegian Island Utoya in 2011. That freak killed 69, injuring an additional 110. So no, apples to apples, religious nuts come in many flavors, it is NEVER resigned to a single religion.

Absolutely.

Like many others I looked at your link. Like many others, I didn't pass comment on it. As others have pointed out, to me the time to do that would have been when it happened, it is curious that you didn't think it important enough to post about it then. So it seemed that your reason to post about it now was to try to make people WRONG for displaying horror and sympathy about the murder of this soldier. It is NOT wrong. You also didn't post about the Scottish teenager stabbed to death by a Pakistani man in 2004. Or the many other potentially racially-motivated murders that have been committed over the years.

All of us are aware that this murder in Woolwich ( I won't call it a terrorist attack, it was a murder) is one of many, but it is garnering this kind of attention because of the way in which it happened. I personally have never seen footage of a murderer standing beside his victim in broad daylight giving his excuses for the crime. People are being scared by the media into thinking that this may be the tip of the iceberg and more murderers are skulking in the background waiting to commit similar atrocities.

PLUS - it was a shocking , vile horrible incident. that's why we're all discussing it here - did I really need to give reasons????

But trying to make us wrong and imply that we are biggotted, "button-pushing", have double-standards or are couch potatoes just because we haven't made this a discussion thread about every potential racial/religious murder that was ever committed is really offensive. Just because people didn't jump on your link. That's wrong Reswati, and very much lacks respect in my opinion.

Well, Sweden is burning, and the troubles are believed to have been triggered when police shot and killed a 69-year-old resident in a Stockholm suburb of Rinkeby last week after the main wielded a machete in public.

Rinkeby's immigrant population is made up of mostly East African and Middle Eastern .... Muslims ....

http://www.france24.com/en/20130523-cars-ablaze-stockholm-braces-fifth-night-riots

Gun Control is such a mis-nomer.

When any society goes medieval, any sharp object will do.

SWEDEN?!?

Like many others I looked at your link. Like many others, I didn't pass comment on it. As others have pointed out, to me the time to do that would have been when it happened, it is curious that you didn't think it important enough to post about it then. So it seemed that your reason to post about it now was to try to make people WRONG for displaying horror and sympathy about the murder of this soldier. It is NOT wrong. You also didn't post about the Scottish teenager stabbed to death by a Pakistani man in 2004. Or the many other potentially racially-motivated murders that have been committed over the years.

All of us are aware that this murder in Woolwich ( I won't call it a terrorist attack, it was a murder) is one of many, but it is garnering this kind of attention because of the way in which it happened. I personally have never seen footage of a murderer standing beside his victim in broad daylight giving his excuses for the crime. People are being scared by the media into thinking that this may be the tip of the iceberg and more murderers are skulking in the background waiting to commit similar atrocities.

PLUS - it was a shocking , vile horrible incident. that's why we're all discussing it here - did I really need to give reasons????

But trying to make us wrong and imply that we are biggotted, "button-pushing", have double-standards or are couch potatoes just because we haven't made this a discussion thread about every potential racial/religious murder that was ever committed is really offensive. Just because people didn't jump on your link. That's wrong Reswati, and very much lacks respect in my opinion.

The reason I posted it here right at the moment is the following one:

1. I haven't been on the computer for quite a long time lately.

2. I wanted to know how many of the people who get enraged as soon as the word "Muslim" pops up would react.

The people whom I referred to as "button pushing heroes" were the ones mentioned in 2, I don't mean EVERYBODY here.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I got a bit carried away by the "immense logic" of folks like SAJ (And more far-right characters that I have lately had the un-pleasure to meet).

As far as what you say bout the media highlighting what they want.....................I completely agree with you.

Archived