Jimi Hendrix

gperkins151

Here's Why Jimi Hendrix's Backwards Stratocaster Was Awesome

And now you can buy one just like it!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/music/a17922/jimi-hendrix-backwards-stratocaster/

Interesting. I actually turned my pickups upside-down when I first got my guitar, hoping it would create a more distinctive sound. (Hendrix inspired, of course)

Interesting. I don't own a Strat, but that has gotten me very interested now.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually love Hendrix, but I always get a kick out of Hendrix fans, they are very easy to get upset, they bring a smile to my face. As someone who plays left handed I can honestly say that I think it's cool that there is 1 really famous left handed player - in fact I would argue he is really the only famous left handed player because righties get so much attention

I actually love Hendrix, but I always get a kick out of Hendrix fans, they are very easy to get upset, they bring a smile to my face. As someone who plays left handed I can honestly say that I think it's cool that there is 1 really famous left handed player - in fact I would argue he is really the only famous left handed player because righties get so much attention

Never heard of a guy called Paul McCartney then Chuck, OK he's mainly a player of the Bass Guitar but he's still a leftie.

Huge fan of Hendrix. My dad had tickets to his last tour of Britain but then it was cancelled due to Billy Cox's breakdown. My Dad saw Led Zep at University and said they were incredible. remembers Whole lotta love as the best song of the night!

It's interesting to watch Led zep interview on September 19th and Jimmy's first response on hearing death of Jimi was it's a tragedy. For having not seen him live he certainly knew that he was incredible and really loved Jimi. He called him the best in later interviews. I often feel they were kindred spirits in the studio and the love of improvising live.

Has anyone hear seen Hendrix live? What was the main impression you got?

Edited by Trey

The question of what might have been for Hendrix is incredible. I think if he had made that session with Gil Evans he would have had a great mentor for Jimi. He could have taught him to write and arrange and once he studied this imagine where he could have taken the form. Jimi was a game changer like Miles and Coltrane and I think he would've been the leading person in the 70s. It's the biggest loss in music and I think if had overcome his problems with management and stress etc.. he would have possibly been the greatest of all time. He was that good.

This was one of his last performances and he was playing on another level in that last year. At 8.30mins  it's like a trapped beast and then that monstrous sound at 8.50. Most intense note ever played!

The question of what might have been for Hendrix is incredible. I think if he had made that session with Gil Evans he would have had a great mentor for Jimi. He could have taught him to write and arrange and once he studied this imagine where he could have taken the form. Jimi was a game changer like Miles and Coltrane and I think he would've been the leading person in the 70s. It's the biggest loss in music and I think if had overcome his problems with management and stress etc.. he would have possibly been the greatest of all time. He was that good.

This was one of his last performances and he was playing on another level in that last year. At 8.30mins  it's like a trapped beast and then that monstrous sound at 8.50. Most intense note ever played!

Cool stuff Trey, thanks for sharing. 

I agree Jimi had regained his 'spark' towards the end, the Maui/Rainbow Bridge footage is some of my favorite. Cracking stuff. I would post something from it but the Hendrix copyright police are pretty hardcore, every video I've posted here has been removed.

Cool stuff Trey, thanks for sharing. 

I agree Jimi had regained his 'spark' towards the end, the Maui/Rainbow Bridge footage is some of my favorite. Cracking stuff. I would post something from it but the Hendrix copyright police are pretty hardcore, every video I've posted here has been removed.

Yeh Jimi on his 1970 last tour especially in Berlin, Norman and a bit earlier in Baltimore were incredible and to think he played like that when he was exhausted and sick with a cold. His best music was ahead of him I'm convinced. He trusted the wrong people, he was a vulnerable and reckless guy in his last days hanging out in London and mixing pills. I Didn't know I couldn't post vid otherwise at chance of being removed wouldn't have done it but it won't let me edit and remove it. Where has the edit button gone? haha

Edited by Trey

Yeh Jimi on his 1970 last tour especially in Berlin, Norman and a bit earlier in Baltimore were incredible and to think he played like that when he was exhausted and sick with a cold. His best music was ahead of him I'm convinced. He trusted the wrong people, he was a vulnerable and reckless guy in his last days hanging out in London and mixing pills. I Didn't know I couldn't post vid otherwise at chance of being removed wouldn't have done it but it won't let me edit and remove it. Where has the edit button gone? haha

haha yea just beware, Youtube might take it down for copyrights. ;)