Jimi Hendrix

gperkins151

Janie Hendrix has said they will be officially releasing Royal Albert Hall on DVD and CD in the new year.
Where and when did you hear/read that ?..............I can't find reference to that one anywhere............RAH was originaly set for cinema release back in either 71/72, But never made it out due to licensing issues, so it'll be about time............As for Janie Hendrix her sleeve notes make me wanna puke...........imo if it was'nt for Eddie Kramer the JH catalogue would be completely fucked....hang on i'm going off on one.... can't help it...... Jimi has been a BIG obsession for me for over 35 years. Edited by johnthomasmoby

Where and when did you hear/read that ?..............I can't find reference to that one anywhere............RAH was originaly set for cinema release back in either 71/72, But never made it out due to licensing issues, so it'll be about time............As for Janie Hendrix her sleeve notes make me wanna puke...........imo if it was'nt for Eddie Kramer the JH catalogue would be completely fucked....hang on i'm going off on one.... can't help it...... Jimi has been a BIG obsession for me for over 35 years.

It was in one of those british music magazines. I am not kidding. That's what she said.

Another interesting thing she mentioned is that The Elvis Presley estate has sort of taken them under their wing and gives Janie and company advice on what to do and what not to do when it comes to Handling Jimi. She says they have been a lot of help.

I searched all over the Jimi-Hendrix.com site and couldn't find reference to Janie's statement....but I don't doubt it...I mean, why not ? It's there and should be let out of the bag !!!

Go Johnny Go !!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah Cali, I'll check that youtube link .... congratulations of your find....thanks....:)

I love The Jimi Hendrix Experience. My favoruite album is Axis: Bold As Love.

Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell are really underrated, Mitchell is one of the greatest drummers i've heard!

I agree with you on Mitch Mitchell! Hendrix was such an outsize talent and personality that I sometimes forget about Mitchell - absolutely a great drummer!

I love The Jimi Hendrix Experience. My favoruite album is Axis: Bold As Love.

Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell are really underrated, Mitchell is one of the greatest drummers i've heard!

Noel Redding was the weak link. The Experience were put together in a rush so he only got the gig because he looked the part. On record Jimi played most of the Bass parts. On stage Redding frequently got carried away with his own over inflated ego, Often pissing Jimi off, After all NR was'nt really a Bass player he was a Guitarist..... Now, Billy Cox he was the guy, perfect for Jimi and he was a proper Bass player... the right man for the job, Also good enough not to have his Bass parts overdubbed by Jimi...unlike Reddings parts.

Has Anybody Got the book The Jimi Hendrix Experience it really cool Done by Janie with a few words by MIth as well A great read any Hendrix Fan will Love it
Not if Janie Hendrix has anything to do with it.

The other Jimi another god on guitar, love him not much more to be said if you like guitar you love the Jimmies, Page & Hendrix !!!!

RjK

Agreed 100%, I love both the Jimmies!! I have Are You Experienced?, it is wonderful. B)

Edited by Melanie_72

Could not find a Jimi thread after doing a few searches. I am very surprised to discover this, as I put him right up there with Zeppelin.

I have been enjoying much of his live stuff lately and would like to ask those of you who have the 4 CD box set "The Jimi Hendrix Experience" (the one with the purple cover) just what you think of it?

It's on sale at a local store (Virgin) for $40.

I haven't seen it for a reasonable price yet (I'm not gonna pay €45,- for 4 cd's), but I'm sure I'll find it cheaper when I decide to get it.

Jimi's great, but often his more melodic songs get overlooked. Axis is my favourite album while most go for the more 'experimental' stuff on the debut or Electric Ladyland.

I've got Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland, The Singles Album, Band Of Gypsies, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun, South Saturn Delta and Woodstock.