Mystery Science Theatre 3000

jabe

Wondering if any ledheads used to watch the show.

My wife plugged in a copy of "Leech Woman" the other night and we laughed like crazy.

That was one cool, trippy show.

Used to crack me up, big-time.

Oddly enough, I pulled up an episode on Amazon Prime the other week, telling my son how funny it was, and apparently I randomly selected a rather dull episode, and he and his friend were entirely underwhelmed, and gave me the old "whatever you say, old guy" look, despite my claims of the hilarity that would surely soon ensue. LOL

I love this show. I've got VHS rips of both of the Godzilla episodes that still haven't ever been officially put to DVD. I have a few volumes on DVD, plus the Gamera collection they did. The theme song will forever be engrained into my memory!

The hardest I ever laughed at this show was when they were showing Godzilla vs. King Kong. Godzilla shot some fire at King Kong and the one robot shouted out, "Look...He's roasting his nuts !!

Used to crack me up, big-time.

Oddly enough, I pulled up an episode on Amazon Prime the other week, telling my son how funny it was, and apparently I randomly selected a rather dull episode, and he and his friend were entirely underwhelmed, and gave me the old "whatever you say, old guy" look, despite my claims of the hilarity that would surely soon ensue. LOL

To be honest, there were some nights where they layed a big egg, especially later in its run. There would be times watching with friends and my friends were making funnier comments than the Mystery 3000 guys. Plus, their selection of movies was kind of limited.

Today, there is a far better and funnier way of getting the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 experience in a live setting: Doug Benson's Movie Interruption held monthly at Cinefamily. Doug invites three of his comic buddies and they all four sit in the front with microphones and riff during the film they are screening.

Past guests have included Greg Proops, Paul F. Tompkins, Jen Kirkman, Tig Notaro, Zach Galifinakis, Patton Oswalt, Greg Behrendt, and Sarah Silverman. If you're ever in L.A. when one of Doug Benson's Movie Interruptions is scheduled, make plans to go.

The night they did "Twilight: Eclipse" was epic...people were breaking ribs they were laughing so hard. Any night he does an M. Night Shyamalan movie is a good night to go, too.

Archived