You Know You're Getting Old When....

Pagesbow

You are watching sports and are older than the athletes who are referred to as "veterans" (and you realise it's about 20 years too late for you to start your tennis career.. :P)

You see pictures of women (or men) of your generation that you fancied as a teenager, and they have started to have plastic surgery and/or botox.

I stopped in a local bar for a quick bacardi and coke. I was standing at the bar and there were a couple people next to me. I eventually glanced their way and the guy next to me was looking at me. He nodded and said, "How you doing grandpa ?" I smiled and said. "pretty good." That probably would have stung about 10 years ago.

I stopped in a local bar for a quick bacardi and coke. I was standing at the bar and there were a couple people next to me. I eventually glanced their way and the guy next to me was looking at me. He nodded and said, "How you doing grandpa ?" I smiled and said. "pretty good." That probably would have stung about 10 years ago.

lol Cheeky fucking barstard...

...when museums and restaurants automatically give you the senior citizen discount.

...when you don't care that you're getting old.

...when you start threads titled "You Know You're Getting Old When...". ;)

You are watching sports and are older than the athletes who are referred to as "veterans" (and you realise it's about 20 years too late for you to start your tennis career.. :P)

You see pictures of women (or men) of your generation that you fancied as a teenager, and they have started to have plastic surgery and/or botox.

You've started looking in the mirror and wondering whether botox is really such a bad idea.

Russ Abbot's Atmosphere - music was better in my heyday argument ?

Yeah, I honestly don't feel that way. In my "heyday" (the 90's) I was listening to 50's/60's/70's music. Anyway, it's such a facile argument; especially when made by kids who weren't even born in the 90's proclaiming all music was better then. On a sidenote: Russ Abbot is really, really awesome, regardless of decade.....

...when museums and restaurants automatically give you the senior citizen discount.

...when you don't care that you're getting old.

...when you start threads titled "You Know You're Getting Old When...". ;)

Someone asked if I was over 18 in a supermarket when I was buying a few beers, so not quite there yet. She may have been partially blind athough.

Yeah, I still care.

Obviously, I'm right there....

You've started looking in the mirror and wondering whether botox is really such a bad idea.

I'm definitely not there, nor do I foresee I time when I would as I'm far too lazy to bother, also, I don't think it looks good and if I did have any money I could think of better things to spend it on than that....

Yeah, I honestly don't feel that way. In my "heyday" (the 90's) I was listening to 50's/60's/70's music. Anyway, it's such a facile argument; especially when made by kids who weren't even born in the 90's proclaiming all music was better then. On a sidenote: Russ Abbot is really, really awesome, regardless of decade.....

Someone asked if I was over 18 in a supermarket when I was buying a few beers, so not quite there yet. She may have been partially blind athough.

Yeah, I still care.

Obviously, I'm right there....

I'm definitely not there, nor do I foresee I time when I would as I'm far too lazy to bother, also, I don't think it looks good and if I did have any money I could think of better things to spend it on than that....

YOU CAN'T DENY OL RUSS'S INFLUENCE ON THE DANCE SCENE - IT PREDATES CHICAGO HOUSE AND MANCHESTER'S JOY DIVISION BECAME NEW ORDER SOON AFTER

YOU CAN'T DENY OL RUSS'S INFLUENCE ON THE DANCE SCENE - IT PREDATES CHICAGO HOUSE AND MANCHESTER'S JOY DIVISION BECAME NEW ORDER SOON AFTER

Anyone who has ever loved a party with a happy atmosphere would never deny Russ.

Anyone who has ever loved a party with a happy atmosphere would never deny Russ.

Atmosphere Lyrics by Russ Abbot
oh What An Atmosphere!

i Love A Party With A Happy Atmosphere,

so Let Me Take You There,

and You And I'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!

well We're At The Dancin' Party,

and You're Out There Havin' Fun,

and Your Girl Is There Beside You,

and You Feel Like Number One!

so Get Your Body Movin'...

'cos Tonight Has Just Begun...

oh Whoa! Let It Go!

whooa! Let It Show....

aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah!

oh What An Atmosphere!

oh Oh

oh What An Atmosphere!

i Love A Party With A Happy Atmosphere, Yeah Mmmm,

music Everywhere,

and Soon We'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!

now We're Out Here All Together,

everybody's Hand In Hand,

we Can Make It Last Forever,

when We're Dancin' With The Gang!

well You've Got Your Favourite Records,

and Frankie's Got His Band!

huh!!!

oh Whoa! Let It Go!

whooa! Let It Show....

aaah Aaah Aaah Aaah!

oh What An Atmosphere!

oh Oh

oh What An Atmosphere!

i Love A Party With A Happy Atmosphere, Mmmm Yeah,

music Everywhere,

and Soon We'll Be Dancin' In The Cool Night Air!

(Riotous Eighties Party Noises)

(Repeat Chorus And Fade Out)

LIKE RONSEAL TINS IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE LID

When you realize that you left high school 40 years ago (1973) And it was also the year I first saw Zep live.

You know you're old when some smugly replies with the obvious intention of making you feel even older, with: I wasn't even born then!!!!!!! :party::hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah: :hurrah:

So ya, I wasn't even born then. Go me. Although you saw zep live....so swings and roundabouts.

Archived