Jimmy in Attendance At Stone Roses Gig

kenog

Interesting ideas you are putting forward there, and it would get round the rigours of touring, particularly at his time of life. However, I would question whether Jimmy even has the motivation to do anything, :peace:

I don't think we'll ever see a Jimmy Page or Page/Plant, or Led Zep tour in the format of multiple cities, 100+ shows, etc. Ok, that's obvious but what I think will happen is what Michael Jackson tried to do in 2009 (50 shows/one city). I think Page will play live next year, in a format that will require fans to travel to see him. Maybe a few concerts, spaced out to allow for rest, in a few or several locations. Something like 6 shows in NYC over a month, 6 shows in London over a month, maybe a couple more locations. As far as singers (assuming no Led Zep reunion), he could invite different guest singers for each show. I think he's beyond the point of being able to develop a new super rock group. Too many expectations, comparisons to Led Zep, etc.

Would like to see him take a different approach - a 1.5 hour arena show where maybe he just highlights different songs from his career. A tour that would be in his comfort zone and he can establish realistic expectations for fans (no 3 hour concerts, no 20 minute solos, etc). Yes, tix would be a nightmare to get and probably cost $200+, but it would be fair market value since every show would sell out. For you super fans out there, correct me if I"m wrong but I don't think he's gone more than 7 years without a live show (on a large scale). He is due very soon. Anyway, just my wishes and speculation.

The second guy links to a photo of scaffolding, unless I'm doing something wrong. And he sounds like an absolute arse-hat. Don't mind me, I'm just a tad bitter.

Brethren, JP doesn't owe us anything. I wish him health and happiness.

It looks like Jimmy was in attendance at last night's Stone Roses gig at Finsbury Park. A couple of people on Twitter have tweeted that they met him there.

1. Jason Brown@jasonoxfordutd 1h

Stone roses were awesome. Met jimmy page....again.

1. Simon Honeywood@Honeywood 10h

This may be the best day ever. At Stone Roses and just met Jimmy Page pic.twitter.com/llrtSwNZnn

FireOpal, :peace:

The photograph is taken from his view at the gig. He didn't mean he had taken a photo of Jimmy

Most people here don't believe Jimmy owes us anything. Unfortunately, for years now he has been saying he's got material available to record, or he really has to get out on stage and play next year. This area has been discussed many times on the site. If Jimmy didn't say these things, we wouldn't expect anything - especially at his time of life.

The second guy links to a photo of scaffolding, unless I'm doing something wrong. And he sounds like an absolute arse-hat. Don't mind me, I'm just a tad bitter.

Brethren, JP doesn't owe us anything. I wish him health and happiness.

She just wants to help? :sos: and maybe Jimmy is scouring ledzeppelin.com for future collaborators. And, after all, he worked with Puff Daddy - so anything is possible.

Love him or hate him, Puff Daddy is a successful artist in his genre. Working with him was a way for Page to get his name and Zep's music in front of a new set of fans. No disrespect to Ms. Parker but I doubt she could offer Page that kind of exposure.

Love him or hate him, Puff Daddy is a successful artist in his genre. Working with him was a way for Page to get his name and Zep's music in front of a new set of fans. No disrespect to Ms. Parker but I doubt she could offer Page that kind of exposure.

He has, however, spoken about doing something no one would expect him to do... might my work fall in that category ?

Love him or hate him, Puff Daddy is a successful artist in his genre. Working with him was a way for Page to get his name and Zep's music in front of a new set of fans. ....

....and in to an awesome movie, you forgot that bit.

Warren Zevon was dying ferchrissakes, and he was still able to record and get an album out in less than a year.

I'm afraid this is only relevant if you think Warren Zevon's work was...good.

I was hesitating to say this, but these type of conversations have gone on for so long, I think it needs to be said. There's a possibility that Jimmy's belief he's come up with 15 or whatever original tracks (that somehow he can't seem to record) is a delusion. Mind you I am not saying this is so or even a probability, but it is a possibility, and I think it needs to be kept in mind so people stop complaining about Jimmy not delivering on his promises.

Interesting ideas you are putting forward there, and it would get round the rigours of touring, particularly at his time of life. However, I would question whether Jimmy even has the motivation to do anything, :peace:

I tend to agree. He looks great, healthy, etc, but what do I know? Maybe he's got reasons why he can't tour. And we can't ignore his age. He may want to put on a tour, but at close to 70 years old, what can we expect? You would think he would build off the momentum from the Celebration Day release as perfect timing to go play live. He does have new material, he even plays some of it in the "It Might Get Loud" DVD (I think there were some new acoustic material he played in the "deleted scenes" part of the DVD I watched a few years ago). I've never been a big fan of re-issued albums, re-mastered, etc. I hope if/when he does re-release the Led Zep albums, it's a prelude to something more interesting.

I'm afraid this is only relevant if you think Warren Zevon's work was...good.

I was hesitating to say this, but these type of conversations have gone on for so long, I think it needs to be said. There's a possibility that Jimmy's belief he's come up with 15 or whatever original tracks (that somehow he can't seem to record) is a delusion. Mind you I am not saying this is so or even a probability, but it is a possibility, and I think it needs to be kept in mind so people stop complaining about Jimmy not delivering on his promises.

How would that stop people? The only thing that will stop people is when he stops promising.

Jimmy's done putting out new music. I think he's just not interested in putting himself through the rigors of what he called "going under the microscope." He's already done it all in a spectalular and lasting fashion . People that are twitchy about what Page " promises " in interviews really don't get it. Its just a bluff and theres no law that states he must declare his retirement. Be happy with whats there to be heard and enjoyed.

I don't know that he's promised anything. I took his declarations as more of a hopeful thing - you know, he was hoping it would come together but it didn't for some reason, or maybe he lost confidence in the material. And also when interviewers would ask him about new projects, they asked in such a point-blank way, one would almost be embarassed to say, "Well, I'm not really working on anything at the moment." Just give him his space.

Jimmy's done putting out new music. I think he's just not interested in putting himself through the rigors of what he called "going under the microscope." He's already done it all in a spectalular and lasting fashion . People that are twitchy about what Page " promises " in interviews really don't get it. Its just a bluff and theres no law that states he must declare his retirement. Be happy with whats there to be heard and enjoyed.

so why does he bother saying he is going to put out new music? whats the point of that?

I don't know that he's promised anything. I took his declarations as more of a hopeful thing - you know, he was hoping it would come together but it didn't for some reason, or maybe he lost confidence in the material. And also when interviewers would ask him about new projects, they asked in such a point-blank way, one would almost be embarassed to say, "Well, I'm not really working on anything at the moment." Just give him his space.

I know this is a personal anecdote but when I saw him in October he looked me in the eyes and told me straight up that he would be touring this year. It wasn't just a hopeful statement, and it wasn't that I just don't "get it", it was as close to a promise as you can have without starting the conversation with the words "I promise". He had plenty of space too - he volunteered this snippet without any questions from me.

:bravo: You more than most on here would know how far in advance tour arrangements have to be made. If he said this in October 2012, when would venues etc have to be booked for a 2013 tour? Where are the other musicians? Does he have a lyricist for any music he has composed?

I know this is a personal anecdote but when I saw him in October he looked me in the eyes and told me straight up that he would be touring this year. It wasn't just a hopeful statement, and it wasn't that I just don't "get it", it was as close to a promise as you can have without starting the conversation with the words "I promise". He had plenty of space too - he volunteered this snippet without any questions from me.

Good questions - he didn't say anything further about what "vehicle" he would be touring, unfortunately. Venues don't necessarily HAVE to be booked that far in advance but with something like this you would think they would be. I can't help but feel he wasn't being entirely truthful - but I don't like him any less for that ;)

so why does he bother saying he is going to put out new music? whats the point of that?

Politicians run and get re-elected for office constantly despite unfulfilled promises. Far more costly to you and I than Page not coming through on solo material. Put it in perspective.

Archived