Could Zeppelin pull a Sabbath

McSeven

If Zeppelin got back together. Based on what you have seen the members do over the past couple of years. Do you think it would be great? I have heard Black Sabbath new musical output 13. It really sound great. Sabbath sound like Sabbath more than Page and Plant did on their last combined solo effort.

Do all the members including giving a space for Jason to play still have the chops to put out a new musical project or has Led Zeppelin laid to rest with Bonzo's passing.

I feel like they still may have it. Yet now is the time. Not when they are close to 80.

The Black Sabbath 13 really sound well crafted. I don't know if its the chemistry for Sabbath was tighter than Zeppelin. Its like they have never been apart. I think they should try one more time to see if they have it. Play a shorter set.

Both missing their drummers -Whereas Black Sabbath have toured on-off since 1997 and tried recording an album in 2001, Led Zeppelin have only done 1 full show 2007 , SINCE PAGE/PLANT ended 1999

maybe Led Zeppelin could reform with Rick Rubin at the desk .he's done wonders for Black Sabbath , Johnny Cash's , Neil Diamond revivals

his idea with Black Sabbath was to image making an album as a follow on from their debut , It could work as an idea for LZ

IMO, yes they could've. Given the time period after the 02 concert, after playing together often. Listen to some of what Jason brought to BCC, mix in what JPJ brought to TCV, plus a little of those samples JP put on IMGL doc and there would've been musical ideas worthy of an excellent cd. Time has passed though and they haven't played together at all, so that barn door has closed and so has the working legacy of Led Zeppelin.

They COULD if they wanted to. However, the best way it would work is if JPJ wrote 90% of the music himself with the others adding ideas. Let him take full control of the group (the bass sound on Zooma / Thunderthief would sound fantastic on a record like that).

Not to be a downer but it's not likely. Plant and Jones are both busy with their own musical projects. Page hasn't played publicly since 2011 and hasn't been able to bring whatever original music he's working on to fruition.

If Zeppelin got back together...

Excuse me? Look, you cannot be serious man. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! This topic is out of line. I threw up. It's clearly over. How can you possibly start this thread!? People are logging in, everyone knows it over around the world but you start this thread. You've got to be the absolute pits of the world, you know that?

:P

Excuse me? Look, you cannot be serious man. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! This topic is out of line. I threw up. It's clearly over. How can you possibly start this thread!? People are logging in, everyone knows it over around the world but you start this thread. You've got to be the absolute pits of the world, you know that?

:P

NICE ONE ... SHOULD N'T IT BE ROGER THE CHOIRBOY ....SSSSSSSSSSSH

They COULD if they wanted to. However, the best way it would work is if JPJ wrote 90% of the music himself with the others adding ideas. Let him take full control of the group (the bass sound on Zooma / Thunderthief would sound fantastic on a record like that).

Agree 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjdl5ZyqPo

I agree it could sound incredible but Jimmy Page would never agree to this...

If Zeppelin got back together. Based on what you have seen the members do over the past couple of years. Do you think it would be great? I have heard Black Sabbath new musical output 13. It really sound great. Sabbath sound like Sabbath more than Page and Plant did on their last combined solo effort.

Do all the members including giving a space for Jason to play still have the chops to put out a new musical project or has Led Zeppelin laid to rest with Bonzo's passing.

I feel like they still may have it. Yet now is the time. Not when they are close to 80.

It does not surprise me sabbath sound more than page and plant did on their last combined sol effort - it is their sound and page and plant sounding like sabbath would be weird

They should leave it as it is after putting on such a great show in 2007.led zeppelin has always had dignity unlike the stones and the who who have beaten and continue beating a dead horse after all these years,lynyrd skynyrd too!

They should leave it as it is after putting on such a great show in 2007.led zeppelin has always had dignity unlike the stones and the who who have beaten and continue beating a dead horse after all these years,lynyrd skynyrd too!

You missed out Queen: who are surely the biggest dead horse beaters of them all.

and on, and on, and on, and on until you're touring with someone from American Idol

I don't begrudge Roger Taylor and Brian May teaming up with Paul Rodgers, Adam Lambert, or anyone else to perform their songs. After all, they wrote many of them. Also, didn't they put out an album of new material with Rodgers?

I don't begrudge Roger Taylor and Brian May teaming up with Paul Rodgers, Adam Lambert, or anyone else to perform their songs. After all, they wrote many of them. Also, didn't they put out an album of new material with Rodgers?

BLACK SABBATH HAVE HAD THEIR FAIR SHARE OF VOCALISTS - BUT THEY UNLIKE QUEEN HAVE THEIR ORIGINAL SINGER STILL ALIVE TO REFORM WITH - QUEEN WOULD STILL BE WITH FREDDIE IF HE WAS ALIVE AND KICKING - NO DOUBT HAD LED ZEP REPLACED BONZO THEY MIGHT HAVE GONE THE SABBATH ROUTE OZZY FIRED - FOLLOWED BY WARD AFTER CHANGES BUTLER LEFT - IE PLANT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WALKED NEXT AND BEEN REPLACED BUT GLADLY THEY DID NOT

Well, obviously it's their choice if they want to go out under the Queen banner and play their songs. Maybe if you had lived in the U.K for the last few decades you would feel differently as one has been saturated with Queen to the point of overkill during that period (worse since Mercury died) more that any other band over here. Brian May - nice bloke that he seems to be - would turn for the opening of an envelope. Maybe he's just too nice to say no to people and projects.

Brian May and Dappy?

And this is probably equivalent to Jimmy Page going on "Ellen"

Rick Rubin is so overrated, his philosophy of getting 50+ year old blokes to act 19 again on record is stupid, Metallica's last album, bloated nonsense

new sabbath aint that great, music is ok but Ozzy is just boring

Archived