Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Knebby

Robert On Pop Quiz in the 80s

Just in case this gets buried in theMysteries thread I managed to find this today - he was on another couple of times and I have them buried away on Betamax tapes but if anyone can find them elsewhere it would be great to share them

I remember him being on Dave Edmonds team back in 1981 i think. Was really shocked to see him with short (ish) hair but impressed with his musical knowledge - he got practically every question right!

Robert should've gone on Never Mind the Buzzcocks back in the day....this is a nice find though, thanks.

I had only seen pictures from this or another time he was on, so thank you for finding this, Knebby! :D

Cheers guys. It would be great if we could eventually get the other appearances watchable on here too :)

Perhaps kenog can dig up some UK television listings for '82-'83 as I don't have confirmation of the recording dates/telecast dates.

SAJ,

I have found the tv page detailing the episodes and guests:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421431/epcast?ref_=ttep_sa_1

Here are Robert's appearances:-

Season 1, Episode 3: Episode #1.3

18 July 1981

Season 2, Episode 4: Episode #2.4

1 May 1982

Season 3, Episode 10: Episode #3.10

18 June 1983

Perhaps kenog can dig up some UK television listings for '82-'83 as I don't have confirmation of the recording dates/telecast dates.

Edited by kenog

When I found the above on the Imdb site, I searched for any tv programmes Jimmy might have appeared on, and the following turned up. Now, I know he did not appear on this show, but at first I thought it might be a MissPamela/Lori Mattix type programme.

A Documentary of Life: Season 1, Episode 4 Jimmy Page in Your Mouth (2 Mar. 2012)

TV Episode - 30 min - Documentary | Comedy
Edited by kenog

wow,thanks,that was so fun to watch!!

Cheers guys. It would be great if we could eventually get the other appearances watchable on here too :)

Further to the above, I've been looking on the BBC website. It looks like you can get a copy of a programme if you appear on it. So......Robert could claim his copies. :D Here's the link:-http://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/questions/television/tv_appearance.

Edited by kenog

:hysterical:

There was always something about Mike Read that irritated me - I think it was his close resemblance to Cliff Richard.

We could just pretend to be Mike Read

Thanks for the confirmation of the telecast dates (as well as the links). Coordination is in progress to get all three shows up on YouTube soon.

Thanks for the confirmation of the telecast dates (as well as the links). Coordination is in progress to get all three shows up on YouTube soon.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting, I only ever watched the 1981 show? ( with the Black Dog 73 clip. ) I really did not know he appeared on the show three times

^^Thanks Knebby for posting. Great watch!!...and kenog for the links.I know there was a version of the video of one of these a while back, just can't think of it right now.

I am looking forward to the rest hopefully being available on you tube soon :peace:

I'll pass on the 3 recordings of the shows to blockbuster who can upload some clips for everyone to see. Stay tuned.