Total cost for the concert for the fans

i would like to know what the total cost for the cocncert was for the fans.Please follow the list

a) cost of tickets--- my niece won the codes so it cost me £280 for two tickets

B) who did you take------ my son

c)where did you come from--- Epsom,Surrey

d)transport and hotel costs-----only £15 for transport(FOR TWO)

e)souvenior costs-----£120

ROUGH TOTAL £415

Comment- worth every penny

$800 in airfare because of change of schedule

$2,499 for a single ticket on EBay. :P

$150 for 4 days at a hostel

$40 for an Oyster card

--------

$3489

Seeing Led Zep in concert....Priceless!

[/quote

The loyal and dedicated fans like you created that fantastic atomosphere on that special Monday night.

Tickets --250GBP for the passcode on ebay....even though all the jokers on this website told me that I wouldnt get in because I was buying a passcode and would lose my money. Live life and make it happen and dont listen to doubters.

+ 250 GBP for the tickets

500GBP total

I took my partner

Travel: 20 pounds in gas..

total 520GBP or 1000 bucks

Completely worth every penny .....it was a bargain for the best concert.

My first post on these boards....

This whole trip turned out to be very expensive, but was worth every penny/euro/buck. Actually, I would have paid many times that to be there, in spite of my very low income.

a) Cost of tickets : I bought a passcode for £90/$180 on ebay the day after the first ballot (in spite of Harvey Goldsmith annoucements that passcode buyers would not be allowed at the gig. I really wanted to see the gig and decided to try anyway. I bet he was bluffing; I won). I then paid £280/$560 for two tickets.

b ) Who did you take : My twin brother. We began to listen to LZ together 30 years ago. And he's my twin bro anyway. Without him, the night would have only been half perfect.

c) Where did you come from : France

d) Transport and hotel costs : £160/$320 for transport (for two), and £40/$80 for two beds / one night in a cheap hostel (where we met other fans going to the concert). Plus an extra £80/$160 for food, drinks and transportation inside London.

e) Souvenir costs-----$0 (I was completely broke at this point)

ROUGH TOTAL £650/$1300 (for two)

Comments :

- I had already used my credit card to buy the passcodes on ebay, and since I have a very low weekly expense limit on it, I couldn't use it to pay for the concert tickets. So I used my father's credit card without thinking at the time that the cardholder had to be physically present to collect them. Realizing my mistake, I decided to make a false french driving license with my own picture and my father's name on it using Photoshop a few days before the show. It worked like a charm at the O2, where people are not trained to inspect foreign IDs, but I was kind of scared while passing through customs. I was clearly aware of the risks, but then again, I really wanted to see the gig. That's how strong my love for Led Zeppelin is.

- Before the concert was postponed, I had also bought non-refundable plane tickets (£80 including airport transfer), a bed for two nights (£40/$80, same cheap hostel) and a ticket for Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's (£80) on december 27, which would have been the day after LZ gig. Therefore, I ended up going to London two times in two weeks, and Jeff Beck was absolutely brilliant, but that's another story.

- No regrets at all. 5 days after, I still have a big smile on my face, and an orange band around my left wrist. Actually, this evening was one of the most intense moment of my whole life. A life changing experience, really. Everytime I recall the gig, tears of joy come to my eyes.

I just bought a ticket a few minutes ago to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in May. I have to see them together before an angry mob of LZ fans burn the witch !

ike a charm at the O2, where people are not trained to inspect foreign IDs, but I was kind of scared while passing through customs. I was clearly aware of the risks, but then again, I really wanted to see the gig. That's how strong my love for Led Zeppelin is.

postscript to my post after reading yours joe chip.

I also generated a credit card to match the passcode holder....it turned out I didnt need it and it didnt cost anything. But i wasnt going to miss the concert because of Harvey Goldsmith and his misguided strategy.

ticket....292 usd

passcode off ebay....157 usd

airfare.... 400 usd standby

hotels.... 300 usd

trains,tube.... 100 usd

merchandise.... 400 usd

went alone but bought 2 tkts as i knew i could find a real fan for the other and i did off this site....made new friends... sold extra tkt for face value like it is meant to be...all about the music and the fans....

concert.....priceless

The loyal and dedicated fans like you created that fantastic atomosphere on that special Monday night.

Thanks man! I met so many cool people over there and exchanged phone numbers and email addresses with them. A few guys in Ventura are in a band and I am going to jam with them when I get back to California. So the reunion sparked some cool musical hookups!!!

Did anyone else run into the crazy swede and his lovely niece in the Orange hats and big jackets that said "Led Fucking Zeppelin! That's Who!"

LOL

i would like to know what the total cost for the cocncert was for the fans.Please follow the list

a) cost of tickets--- my niece won the codes so it cost me £280 for two tickets

B) who did you take------ my son

c)where did you come from--- Epsom,Surrey

d)transport and hotel costs-----only £15 for transport(FOR TWO)

e)souvenior costs-----£120

ROUGH TOTAL £415

Comment- worth every penny

a) Cost of tickets - $555

B) I took my wife of 28 years, Zep fand for longer!

c) We came from Dubai

d) Transport and hotel - at least $3800

e) The queues for merchandise were so long we only bought a programme - $30

Comment - one of those events in your life that you will never, ever forget and not just for the show, awesome as it was. We met so many cool and friendly people from all over the world and have rarely experienced so much warmth and happiness from complete strangers. If they played again I would gladly pay double and more just to experience it once more.

I have a wonderfully understanding wife who knew what finally seeing Led Zeppelin meant to me, so the credit card came out.

Ticket:

£1550

Driving to London twice (ticket & wristband collection Sunday, showtime Monday):

£50

I've waited over 25 years for this (seriously got into the band about 1982), so paying off my credit card can take as long as it needs. Who cares; I'm still grinning one week later!!! :D

Did anyone else run into the crazy swede and his lovely niece in the Orange hats and big jackets that said "Led Fucking Zeppelin! That's Who!"

LOL

Yeah, I saw that guy on Sunday waiting for tickets/wristbands.

The total cost of the trip for my wife and I was about $4,500.

My buddy and I got pretty lucky. I won the lottery, so we paid face value for the tickets. We used my frequent flyer miles for the airline tickets from the States so only had to pay the taxes at about $120/apiece. Paid for three nights at a relatively cheap hotel right near the venue for $400 U.S. all in. Then, factor in some incidentals like Tube fare, souvenirs at the O2 and food and our total came to just about $900 U.S. each. Not bad considering what it could have cost us!

http://geocities.com/out_on_tiles/

Yeah, I saw that guy on Sunday waiting for tickets/wristbands.

The total cost of the trip for my wife and I was about $4,500.

2 Tickets: $550.00

2 Airfare: $1,600.00

Hotel: $1,000.00

Airfare Change: $1,100.00 (Thanks for nothing British Airways)

T-Shirts, etc.: $240.00

Foof & Bev: $400.00

Cab Ride from LHR to International: $160.00

TOTAL COST: $5,050.00

Worth every penny!

In $AUD (= 0.9 USD; 0.42 UK Sterling). For one...

Ticket x1 (11th hour ballot passcode on 6th Dec!) $290

Airfare SYD - LHR $3200

Accomodation (2 nights dodgy single room at Victoria) $295

+ transfers / expenses / meals / merch about another $400

Total $4185 (so about $3.6K US or 1.7K Pounds) and WELL worth it :D

Costs NOT including the leather bag from Harrods for my wife despite which I've got I've got the feeling the total cost might include my marriage. It appears she actually had to do things in my absence and this extravagance apparently doesn't fit into our "rules for me, rules for you" situation. Maybe I should have kept an eye out for the 2nd Mrs Shadowbue while I was there, amongst people who would understand :(

However, having got a passcode, NOT going would have been something I would have regreted for the rest of my life.

Archived