Jimmy To Attend Michael Winner's Memorial Next Sunday

kenog

According to LedZepNews, Jimmy Page will attend his friend and neighbour Michael Winner's memorial service next Sunday at the National Police Memorial in London.

http://www.policememorial.org.uk/index.php?page=police-memorial-trust

Remember to sign up to get tweets from our member, Cookie0024's Twitter account, LedZepNews.

This is from the Daily Mail, 2 May 2013:-

"The memorial service for movie director and restaurant critic Michael Winner, who died, aged 77, in January, will, unusually, be an al fresco affair, on June 23, at the National Police Memorial in the Mall, which he helped establish. Despite the expected presence of grieving bobbies, it’s hoped many of his old friends will show up. Such as absentee chums from his funeral, including actors Roger Moore and Michael Caine."

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy at reception for Michael Winner's Memorial service. He is pictured with Tony Banks, and Geraldine Winner, Mr Winner's widow. Michael Winner had invited Tony Banks to write the score for his film The Wicked Lady (1983), starring Faye Dunaway.

These photos might turn up in next week's 'Hello' magazine because the Winners used to appear in it from time to time.

Photographs are copyright of Rex Features.

post-14347-0-12057100-1372501557.jpg

post-14347-0-32839600-1372501627.jpg

Hi Melanie,

He was the keyboard player for, and one of the founding members of, Genesis. Like you, I thought Jimmy's suit was very smart - it looks expensive. When he goes to formal social functions, he certainly dresses very well.

If this is featured in next week's 'Hello' magazine, I'll let you all know if anything is said about Jimmy.

Thanks Kenog. I love his suit and he looks very healthy.

Dumb question: Who is Tony Banks? I am too lazy to Google him this early in the morning.

According to a UK tabloid, Victoria and David Beckham have been viewing the late Michael Winner's home, so JImmy could end up with high profile next door neighbours who have the press on their tail. Having said that, I was sure that the house was sold months ago, but the UK tabloids never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/becks-looks-winner-david-victoria-2011015

:P Tony Banks is pretty incredible.

Uh huh...I will take your word on that. :thumbsup:

According to a UK tabloid, Victoria and David Beckham have been viewing the late Michael Winner's home, so JImmy could end up with high profile next door neighbours who have the press on their tail. Having said that, I was sure that the house was sold months ago, but the UK tabloids never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/becks-looks-winner-david-victoria-2011015

When Michael Winner was still alive I thought he was selling his mansion to the city so that it could be divided into flats since it's sheer size and price tag, no one would be interested. I am dreaming that? In a way I kinda see Jimmy having dinner parties with the Beckhams...maybe.

Melanie,

MW was going to donate the houseand its collections to the local council, but they did not have the funds for the maintenance.

The house originally went on the market at £65m a good while before MW's passing. The price was brought down this year to £50m. I think there is a certain amount of pressure on the Executors of his estate to get rid of it because apparently MW had a very large overdraft based on the property's value. However, I am sure I read that it had been sold at £50m and the new owner's identity was not being made public.

Now, from Jimmy's perspective, it would be better if it were not the Beckhams because of the amount of media coverage (which they actively pursue). When I looked at YouTube the other evening, I found an appalling video of someone who had been to the street, and taken shots from every possible angle, highlighting the road's name etc. In one of the videos, there is a tour minibus which goes round music industry places of interest. It was parked directly opposite the Tower House with people taking photos.

I am hoping that the Sunday People is wrong, and that it has been sold to wealthy people who are not known to the public - for the sake of Jimmy's privacy.

Uh huh...I will take your word on that. :thumbsup:

When Michael Winner was still alive I thought he was selling his mansion to the city so that it could be divided into flats since it's sheer size and price tag, no one would be interested. I am dreaming that? In a way I kinda see Jimmy having dinner parties with the Beckhams...maybe.

Archived