Out On The Town With Jimmy Page

Bucks and Tiny Tim go way back...a bit of background on it can be found here:

http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/blogs/tiny-tim-mr-ed-and-eighttrack

...and now, back on topic...Jimmy Page

It's a little known fact that Tiny was Jimmy's first choice as Zeppelin vocalist. Tiny turned him down and suggested Terry Reid, who in turn turned him on to Robert Plant.

It's a little known fact that Tiny was Jimmy's first choice as Zeppelin vocalist. Tiny turned him down and suggested Terry Reid, who in turn turned him on to Robert Plant.

Yes, there is that, and thank heavens Ronnie Wood turned down Peter Grant's offer to be the lead guitarist about the same time (not).

Tiny Tim and Terry Reid have my eternal gratitude ...

• 2 weeks later...

i felt the same but when the hell else are you gonna randomly bump into the almighty? you gotta take a chance otherwise its a life of regret ;)

I admire your boldness. Your story is awesome and it got you the pic of a lifetime. Me, I would have frozen in my tracks!

Not sure if it is completly topic related but a friend of mine saw Jimmy coming out of a supermarket in London a couple of days ago. He wanted to greet him but Jimmy had a lady on this arm and didnt want to interrupt.

I'm being totally nosy here, but I wonder if JP has a "special" lady friend? If so, good for him. Not that it's any of my business. ;)

Not sure if it is completly topic related but a friend of mine saw Jimmy coming out of a supermarket in London a couple of days ago. He wanted to greet him but Jimmy had a lady on this arm and didnt want to interrupt.

I suppose it was considerate and well mannered of your friend.

• 3 weeks later...

January 6, 2014:

20140106wfan.jpg

Jimmy kindly posing for a photo with a fan in Kensington (London)

Awesome pic, judging by Jimmy's expression he's either pretty cold (and very accommodating!) or mid-solo executing a big bend! Great memory for that fan, don't think I'd have the guts to ask if I ever saw him in public.

i felt the same but when the hell else are you gonna randomly bump into the almighty? you gotta take a chance otherwise its a life of regret ;)

Good point. You are wise beyond your years. I guess my tendency is to look at the down side: what if he's so dismissive and rude that one is crushed?

Good point. You are wise beyond your years. I guess my tendency is to look at the down side: what if he's so dismissive and rude that one is crushed?

That possibility exists, but I'm always struck by how consistently accommodating Jimmy is of his fans when Ross Halfin is not around to intervene.

Having met him myself, and having spent some time with him, I can say that being dismissive is not in his nature, unless he is perturbed or annoyed about something. I saw him get quite angry with an autograph seeker who snuck a second item into the queue after clearly being told that Jimmy would only sign one item. He is a very good natured person from what I saw and experienced.

Having met him myself, and having spent some time with him, I can say that being dismissive is not in his nature, unless he is perturbed or annoyed about something. I saw him get quite angry with an autograph seeker who snuck a second item into the queue after clearly being told that Jimmy would only sign one item. He is a very good natured person from what I saw and experienced.

I'd add to this when he encounters fans in public he is more comfortable when it occurs on a one to one basis as opposed to a group or being mobbed.

• 1 month later...

According to Halfin's Diary, he is going to be photographing Jimmy in London today. It is possible that it is for the press/magazine spread in connection with the forthcoming remasters.

"... A beautiful sunny Sunday and I’m shooting Jimmy Page in London today. So here’s a few records from my garage - the “alternative” Led Zeppelin remasters...".

According to Halfin's Diary, he is going to be photographing Jimmy in London today. It is possible that it is for the press/magazine spread in connection with the forthcoming remasters.

"... A beautiful sunny Sunday and I’m shooting Jimmy Page in London today. So here’s a few records from my garage - the “alternative” Led Zeppelin remasters...".

Excellent spot! Now this is very interesting, and one of the first pieces of evidence we have that the promotional campaign for the remasters is starting up. With Ross' "alternative" remaster albums in the same post, that's pretty much proof of what the shoot is for.

If I had to guess, these will be images provided to lots of publications to use when writing up the remasters.

Excellent spot! Now this is very interesting, and one of the first pieces of evidence we have that the promotional campaign for the remasters is starting up. With Ross' "alternative" remaster albums in the same post, that's pretty much proof of what the shoot is for.

If I had to guess, these will be images provided to lots of publications to use when writing up the remasters.

I would have to agree with you on this Cookie as that makes sense. I suppose these remeasters may only be a few months away now!

Over at Twitter, a contributor has seen Jimmy in Chinatown, London - probably the location for today's photoshoot. Makes sense as Ross and Jimmy seem to be regular diners in that locality.

♡arya stark♡ ‏@_b0rnf0rthis 56 mins

My friend met jimmy page in chinatown. JIMMY FUCKING PAGE oh my god I am so done

1901560_10153936184320165_1048465020_n.j

Halfin's Diary 11/03 "After a Sunday shooting Jimmy Page around London, I spent Monday in the studio with Jeff Beck. Jeff was a pleasure, really really easy. I came away and thought I enjoy my job….sometimes."

The way I am reading "...around London" is that there may have been more than one location used for Jimmy's photoshoot.

The way I am reading "...around London" is that there may have been more than one location used for Jimmy's photoshoot.

The label (if not Jimmy himself) would want a variety of images to be available for use to promote these first three album releases.

Archived